Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-06, 14:55)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
That's interesting. I've seen it before, and I thought there was something funny going on. But then I checked and it's the same in Eminence 2.5, and since I've never made smart playlists myself, I just assumed that it was supposed to be that way.

Anyways, I've fixed the errors you've found, and also tried to fix that dialog. I had to change the buttons, but IMHO it's a lot better and cleaner now.

Thanks for putting in the time to search for bugs. Smile

Great!

Just one small thing: if you look closely at Sort Direction in the smart playlist screen, you see a starting "a" and "A" of the word "ascending" overlapping.

I found this is because the id="19" must have been used somewhere else.

If you update this element to e.g. id="100" in SmartPlaylistEditor.xml, then the issue is gone.

<control type="togglebutton" id="19">
<right>0</right>
<align>right</align>
<textoffsetx>30</textoffsetx>
<width>935</width>
<label>584</label>
<altlabel>585</altlabel>
<include>Defs_OptionButton</include>
</control>
(2017-02-08, 13:23)tocinillo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, when you are watching a live tv channel and then press back to return to channel list.

This is what I get when pressing back. I've tried it with all the available views. It also works when the option to not show background video is selected. I'm not sure if this is due to the demo client?

I've also checked both the Eminence 2.5 PVR features and the Krypton changes, and really the only thing that was added were the timer settings, and a bunch of infobools, but there was nothing deprecated. So the info displayed in the views themselves, like channel names and stuff like that should really remain intact.

Do you get any error in your log, or anything similar? Do you perhaps have any ideas on someplace to start looking?

I'll add the new timer button in the channel info dialog for the next batch of fixes.

(2017-02-08, 14:26)Hablaras Wrote: [ -> ]Great!

Just one small thing: if you look closely at Sort Direction in the smart playlist screen, you see a starting "a" and "A" of the word "ascending" overlapping.

I found this is because the id="19" must have been used somewhere else.

If you update this element to e.g. id="100" in SmartPlaylistEditor.xml, then the issue is gone.

Nice find! I did notice this while I was tinkering, but I wasn't sure what the problem was. Will be fixed in the next batch!
Thanks for your hard work.

I've found that some dialog "checkbox" are missing. Changing preferred downloadable subtitle is not possible. There is no confirm button, so no matter what you choose, English stays selected.

Also, would it be possible to implement random background postres from a playlist? That way, when i select "family videos" only posters from that playlist are displayed. There's something like that already implemented, but i think it's sequencial, not RANDOM.

Thanks
(2017-02-08, 18:08)franky52 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your hard work.

I've found that some dialog "checkbox" are missing. Changing preferred downloadable subtitle is not possible. There is no confirm button, so no matter what you choose, English stays selected.

Also, would it be possible to implement random background postres from a playlist? That way, when i select "family videos" only posters from that playlist are displayed. There's something like that already implemented, but i think it's sequencial, not RANDOM.

Thanks

First, what checkboxes do you mean? Or did you mean the missing "OK" and "Cancel" buttons like in the subtitles dialog?

Second, the subtitles will be fixed in the next batch of updates! Big Grin

Third, the way the skin is set-up is to display the fanart or extrafanart for the currently focused item, regardless of content. There's no separate setting for playlists. So even in a playlist, the only background displayed will be the focused item's fanart/extrafanart, never the entire playlists fanart.

As far as randomness goes, the option is set to true within the image control that extrafanart is a part of, but it doesn't seem to work. It seems that the order of the extrafanart in itself can't be randomized if used via the skinhelper addon.

The way to achieve something similar to what you want is to use the centralised extrafanart setting in the Artwork Downloader addon, though that would make one large slideshow for all your content, wherever.
Anyone tested this great skin on Kodi 18 'Leia' yet?
I haven't tested it yet, though on the code side of things it should be ok, nothing was deprecated since the strings I replaced. With a bump in the version in addons.xml it should run.
@Alanon what file should i edit to get original buttons in video info screen ?
@repulse: Which buttons do you mean? The info screen that appears when you press "i"? In that case, you need to edit DialogVideoInfo.xml, DialogMusicInfo.xml, and two of the three script-extendedinfo xml files. You need to replace all the button images and add labels, or try to copy the buttons over from the original Eminence. I don't think that you'll have enough room for all the buttons, since the text is wider, and the graphics that were added into the mod actually infringe on that space.
@Alanon yeah that's the screen that appears when i press "i". I'll try to get i the way i want. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
(2017-02-08, 13:20)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-08, 00:25)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]-----wil this installation interfere with the original 2.0 install or will it be selectable alongside it? (Cos I've been there before with Aeon Nox and it can be a headache!)
Thx!

Nope, it installs in a separate folder, and all settings are separate, so you can have both. Before installing, I'd advise you to install marcelvedt's beta repo, so the skin dependencies will be able to install themselves, or otherwise manually download all the latest skin helper modules from his repo. This mod includes a lot of extra stuff and uses the latest skinhelper code to deliver. Wink

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. Having trouble though..
Can u confirm for me exactly which BETA zip marcelvedt I'm supposed to be using?
I didn't see link for it in the OP so I googled it. It took me to a GitHub page with that name as the user, so I thought I was on the right track. Backed out a couple of levels to find what I 'assume' to be the right repo zip.

"Repository.Marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip"

I installed that, lots of messages at the bottom saying 'so and so' AddOn installed. Did not witness any errors.

Then I grabbed the krypton zip for this skin from the OP, installed from ZIP file.
Received an error that I didn't have time to screen grab, but something with this at the end:

'5.11.0 not satisfied'

Any ideas what went wrong for me? Maybe one of the dependent addons in the OP didn't install properly?
Well, it sounds as if all the correct steps were followed.

As for the error, it would indicate you're on an older version of Kodi? Krypton is the version that my mod works with, and its gui version is 5.12, so that's also a requirement of sorts.

1. Small fixes.
2. Fixed playlist dialog.
3. Added some new animations.
4. Mouse supported submenu.

Fixed the previously mentioned bugs. Also added some new Estuary-like animations to spruce the skin up a bit, and to get a smoother feel and variety to the overall interface.

The submenu is now supposed to appear on mouse movement in the upper region of the Home screen. The keyboard behaviour should remain the same regarding the submenu.

Please test to see if I've botched anything. Also, report if the animations need to be reverted, they look really nice, but I don't know the potential performance impact they might have.
(2017-02-10, 00:33)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it sounds as if all the correct steps were followed.

As for the error, it would indicate you're on an older version of Kodi? Krypton is the version that my mod works with, and its gui version is 5.12, so that's also a requirement of sorts.

Thanks for the reply. Saw ur post this morning but just tending to it this evening.
I should say... My version is actually OSMC, I don't know if that would make a difference...

From system info screen...
* OSMC running kodi 17.1-RC1

I should be fine right? How can I tell which GUI version is running in this build? Or is it implicit in the overall kodi revision number? (17.1-RC1)
(2017-02-10, 00:33)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it sounds as if all the correct steps were followed.

Thanks for the reply. Saw ur post this morning but just tending to it this evening.
I should say... My version is actually OSMC, I don't know if that would make a difference...

I should be fine right? How can I tell which GUI version is running in this build? Or is it implicit in the overall kodi revision number? (17.1-RC1)
(2017-02-10, 22:26)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. Saw ur post this morning but just tending to it this evening.

You're on the right track, the gui gets a version bump on every new version of Kodi, so you're covered. By definition, that can't be the problem. I've never used Kodi on a distro before, but from what I've read, folks have had these sorts of problems with gui errors before, just not with an easy solution. The issue for them had been something with updating the dependency repos, which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply here. Off the top of my head, what you can do is double-check that the dependencies are indeed getting installed properly, and in their proper versions (maybe try to pull them manually from the repo?). The second thing to try to do is to unzip the skin itself into Kodi, restart, and then enable it from the addon browser, and see if it will go.

Oh, and this might be a silly thing, but I've only just noticed that in your previous post you said you downloaded the skin from the OP. If by that you mean the first post in the thread, then that might be the whole issue right there. I myself don't have any control over the thread, I just wanted to mod the skin for my use, and things sort of took off. The first post is pretty much totally outdated. It contains only the mods done by Guilouz, which are discontinued, as the thread title states. It's a very rough version for Krypton, with a lot of problems. My versions are strewn across the thread over the last couple of pages (the most recent one is just above your post). As I said, this might be a superfluous comment, but it's worth mentioning, since it usually the little things that get you. Big Grin