Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-20, 05:04)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
DOWNLOAD 1.8.1

1. New skin icon.
2. Begun updating the code to reflect soon-to-be deprecated string bools.
3. A bunch of small fixes to the code.
4. Some new flags.

Here's a quick & dirty update. I've edited some flags throughout the skin, and also made some fixes to the code.

I've also began converting the strings that will become deprecated when Leia arrives, with the strings that were introduced in Krypton. It's an extremely tedious task, but I find it's better to do it now than rush it later on. So please test the skin out, to make sure my replacing hundreds of fragments didn't funk anything up. It shouldn't have, but who knows.. After this batch there are literally hundreds more to change...

Also, I wanted to implement user ratings for music views, for those of you that import your ratings from your collections. Would that be something that interests anyone? You can find examples of all the flags I've found here. If someone knows of something better, give a shout...

Thanks you for keeping this alive!!
Could you also show us some screenshots of your changes?
Keep up the good work

The code updates should be finished in this batch. Please test to see if there are any hick-ups. I've added some new infobools for the add-ons info screen.

I've also attached a short overview of things changed so far, for easier reference.
(2016-09-14, 10:33)shorty1483 Wrote: [ -> ]I made some modifications for myself. Perhaps anyone can use it too. Thanks to Giulouz and jurialmunkey for this great skin.

Move Clearlogo above Tile on Homescreen

Removed frame around media flags to get a cleaner look + adding IMDb Top 250 Position in Library and Hub

Removed for me unnecessary buttons + adding an Extendedinfo button in VideoInfo

Changed IMDb Rating with count to IMDb+Tomatometer+Metascore in VideoInfo

Just paste the zipped files in the appropriate directory in skin folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai4ct6wPYF8EifF1md10lN0DB2aEvA

The files have been deleted. Could someone send me?

Thanks friends.
Perhaps Alanon can intergrate shorty1483's edits in his own version?
(2017-01-23, 00:14)Sjors125 Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Alanon can intergrate shorty1483's edits in his own version?
+1 , but not fan of moving clearlogo above tile in homescreen though

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!
hi , can you add RLT view and fonts?
Hi. In version 1.8.2 the meteo widget is not displaying the weather fanart on the home page
Version 1.8 was working OK

Version 1.8.2

Version 1.8

What's new:

1. Added a new Netflix view for video items (Arctic)!
2. Ported some spinner textures.
3. Added user rating flags for music and video!
4. Overhauled the info screens.
5. Ported new dialog design from Eminence 2.5.
6. Ported the Settings from Eminence 2.5.
7. More mouse optimizations for the setting menus.
8. Added an option to use music artwork backgrounds.
9. Ported the window shadows from Eminence 2.5.
10. Fixed a weather widget bug.

In the vein of bugfixes, I tried to stabilise the mouse controls in the settings menu. I am a mouse user, and it always annoyed me that I had to use the keyboard exclusively if I wanted to browse the settings peacefully. Things are a little better now, though scrolling is still wild and will eventually unfocus your menu, button navigation is much better.

I've also added a bunch of stuff from Eminence 2.5 that I really liked. I've added options for shadows around the light frames, added the settings menu titles, a new dialog design, and the new settings screen as well. Overall, the settings should look and feel as the latest Eminence as much as possible, given the differences between them.

From the latest Arctic Danvers I adapted the Netflix view, you can see the way it looks. It should work for all video items. It's pretty similar to the original, although I've disabled the fake logos... IMHO, this addition makes the Eminence mod the most feature-rich skin of the entire family. It has the most original views, and nearly all of the special ones from the other skins/mods.

I've also added the user ratings onto the skin. As you can see, you can now display personal ratings for all your media. The video files use a five-star based flag in the bottom, and the music uses a nice 10-star system. I wanted to make it nicer and uniform, but I couldn't find any better way since space is limited in the skin. 10 stars were implemented for music since there is more room for the flag. I've also added the rating in the Music OSD and the list view itself.

Also, I've found a small bug that prevented Panel list for tracks from working. This has been fixed. There's also an option to have your selected music visualisation artwork as you background during playback.

You can rate your media by going into the info screen and pressing the new rate button. Alternatively, you can sync your Trakt ratings for videos, or import tagged ratings for music, it has the same effect. Beware that if you're importing music ratings, there might be problems converting from a five star system.

Also, I've fixed the box office bug, and also fixed the youtube buttons. The button now uses Skin Helper to search for relevant stuff, and pops up a selection window.
@papayo29: The weather bug should be fixed, it was a small code error from all the replacements. Sorry about that. You can check it, just reassign the widget and have skinshortcuts rebuild the menu.

@Veronica/Sjors125: You can probably tell from the images, but many of these changes have already been integrated in some way. The additional ratings have been in the infoscreen almost since the beginning. On some other things I've opted for a different design. In my setup, the white frame beginning with # is the IMDb Top250, so there's no need for two separate icons consuming space. Space is becoming very precious, especially with adding the mpaa flags and user ratings to the bottom bar.

The other buttons in the Info screen all have a place in there, and they are all useful in their own way, so I'm not for removing anything. I've just coded in the extended info button and it works nicely, so if someone would send me that nice icon, the mod will be complete. Smile

As for the logos, I don't really like the idea of moving them. The widgets are more of an overview, not a replacement for the library and all the eye-candy it offers. Also, it would screw-up the lines of the Eminence home screen design. I suppose I could add in an option if you guys really want, but I've been thinking lately that the sheer number of options that we already have is starting to look daunting to anyone just coming to the skin...
(2017-01-25, 15:30)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]@papayo29: The weather bug should be fixed, it was a small code error from all the replacements. Sorry about that. You can check it, just reassign the widget and have skinshortcuts rebuild the menu.

@Veronica/Sjors125: You can probably tell from the images, but many of these changes have already been integrated in some way. The additional ratings have been in the infoscreen almost since the beginning. On some other things I've opted for a different design. In my setup, the white frame beginning with # is the IMDb Top250, so there's no need for two separate icons consuming space. Space is becoming very precious, especially with adding the mpaa flags and user ratings to the bottom bar.

The other buttons in the Info screen all have a place in there, and they are all useful in their own way, so I'm not for removing anything. I've just coded in the extended info button and it works nicely, so if someone would send me that nice icon, the mod will be complete. Smile

As for the logos, I don't really like the idea of moving them. The widgets are more of an overview, not a replacement for the library and all the eye-candy it offers. Also, it would screw-up the lines of the Eminence home screen design. I suppose I could add in an option if you guys really want, but I've been thinking lately that the sheer number of options that we already have is starting to look daunting to anyone just coming to the skin...

I can confirm that the meteo widget bug is gone in version 1.9
Everything is perfect now
Thank you
Very nice, thanks for the updates. If you get a chance it would be awesome if you could add RetroPlayer support to the skin!! http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164725

1. Flags and other modifications for Hubs.
2. Updated skin support for Extended Info dialogs.
3. Small code fixes.

Added the EI button into the Info Dialog. I've also updated the skin's ExtendedInfo theme. The navigation is really peculiar if you're using the mouse, I've not been able to improve it. Only if you use the keyboard arrows or a remote can you look up the actors from the cast info. Otherwise, clicking on the cast button and going through the list will only display the back-up search. These navigational hick-ups apply to the ExtendedInfo skin theme. Thankfully, you can always tell the script to force its native theme, in that case pressing the new button will always lead you to the standard EI interface.

Also, the Directors menu doesn't seem to work in the regular Info Dialog for whatever reason. I've not been able to fix that either. It simply won't focus the window.

@jdig4240: In principle I've nothing against adding this, though I'll wager it will take me some time to figure out how. The more info/examples I have, the better it will go. Games support (using the RetroPlayer?) will be coming sometime in Leia, so that will mean some official documentation on how to implement it in skins. I've taken a look at the thread, and from what I've gathered there seems to be some kind of setting in Estuary that enables this. I've explored the skin's latest git, and I have some idea. If I knew which files exactly are supposed to be added, etc, I might have something more to go on, but for now we need to wait for a more developed Leia to start implementing the game systems.
Amazing, dear Alanon!!!

P.S: The label that indicates the position of the movie in imdb has disappeared.
(2017-01-27, 02:18)naco.proex Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing, dear Alanon!!!

P.S: The label that indicates the position of the movie in imdb has disappeared.

Which rating do you mean? The top250?