Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-30, 18:37)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 09:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 03:53)ichikasuto Wrote: [ -> ]Once I got OMDb setup, I’ve noticed the speed it updates a movie rating is kind of slow (around 10 seconds). Is this likely a limitation with the API or is there something I could adjust in Kodi to reduce the delay?
You need an api key for all three services - omdb fanarttv and thrmoviedb. Skin helper imposes a lookup delay if you don't have all keys.

I use only skin helper widgets for In progress tv shows and unwatched movies and I notice a delay of about 10 seconds while loading the widgets and also while loading e. g. „Similar movies“ in extended info dialog.

Same issue?

No.

But why are you using skin helper for those widgets at all? The library path for inprogress will be much quicker. There are also a number of smart playlists included in default widgets section that will be much faster. Or alternatively, just make your own smart playlist and use that - way faster than using a plugin like skinhelper.
(2019-04-30, 09:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 03:18)magic_merkin Wrote: [ -> ]Small Request:
When pressing "Enter" when playing video, it brings up Player controls (OSD): it just states "now playing", can we get it to scroll or simply show the episode numbers/title information of the item like when paused?

Anyone else seen this behaviour? I also have a bit of an issue with episode details not showing in the video info screen when selected from a submen widget. I need to try and see if i can find a common situation. Some shows eps have the season/episode numberi some dont. will get screenshots when i can.
Press up from osd controls will show info 
Got it, ta.

Also i checked. There's definitely no episode number details in video info screen when selecting an episode from next episode widget from TV submenu. Is this deliberate? If you go into the tv shows season and go into an episode there is episode number info present there.
(2019-05-01, 01:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 18:37)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 09:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You need an api key for all three services - omdb fanarttv and thrmoviedb. Skin helper imposes a lookup delay if you don't have all keys.

I use only skin helper widgets for In progress tv shows and unwatched movies and I notice a delay of about 10 seconds while loading the widgets and also while loading e. g. „Similar movies“ in extended info dialog.

Same issue?

No.

But why are you using skin helper for those widgets at all? The library path for inprogress will be much quicker. There are also a number of smart playlists included in default widgets section that will be much faster. Or alternatively, just make your own smart playlist and use that - way faster than using a plugin like skinhelper.

Thanks.
I will try smart playlist.

When uninstalling skin helper widgets, I am prompted to install it when open video info dialog.
And as i said there are loading delays also. Which function needs skin helper widgets? And do you have any idea to the delays?
(2019-04-29, 19:47)Sinisan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-14, 16:49)Sinisan Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 
Do you need french translation ? Please tell me.

Perhaps I didn't see your answer ; otherwise, I would appreciate any answer, even if you don't need help. 
@jurialmunkey yes or no ?
Wonderful Skin I have to say. Really love the default widgets. I've used Aura before which also is a great Skin bit I like this even a bit more. You make the best shins undoubtedly.

I do have a question (or remark?) I would like to ask. I'm using RPi's which are kind of slower, best seen when accessing detailed information in movies or series for example. I've seen that it tries to query "extras" every time I access such a page. I can also see that in the logs. Takes Libreelec a good few settings to notice there is no such folder and undisplay that section. Since I'm not using the specialfeatures plugin at all, is it possible to disable that check hard when we have that seeing off/plugin not installed?
Your skin is by far the most clean & beautiful out there. Thank you for your hard work.

One thing I am missing in Movies view mode "Info wall" is the IMDB numerical and/or star rating. In most of the other view types it is included. Would you be so kind to add it to "Info wall" as well?

Also it would be nice to have the possibility to disable the age rating for all view types in skin settings. (Like "Rated 12", "Rated 16" etc.)
(2019-05-01, 09:25)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful Skin I have to say. Really love the default widgets. I've used Aura before which also is a great Skin bit I like this even a bit more. You make the best shins undoubtedly.

I do have a question (or remark?) I would like to ask. I'm using RPi's which are kind of slower, best seen when accessing detailed information in movies or series for example. I've seen that it tries to query "extras" every time I access such a page. I can also see that in the logs. Takes Libreelec a good few settings to notice there is no such folder and undisplay that section. Since I'm not using the specialfeatures plugin at all, is it possible to disable that check hard when we have that seeing off/plugin not installed?

You have possibility to disable all sections in video info dialog in the addon settings. I unchecked „special features“ for me as well.
This skin keeps getting better and better mate. One question though. The old Arctic has an option for music to "Always display info and osd controls on music visualisation", any chance that feature is coming back?
Hi @jurialmunkey

The skins getting better by the day! Was wondering if you had the time to look at the logos not appearing over animated art problem that I highlighted about 3 weeks ago... (I know you have been super busy so don’t worry if it’s still on your todo list Smile )?

Also was wondering if you would consider another view which would be an artic version of this from eminence? pic attached hopefully.

Thanks
Is there any way to disable/remove the 'Continuing on...' or 'Ended on...' text in the Lovefilm series view? It's black, therefore doesn't fit in with the fanart and it's frequently incorrect (which is my experience and besides the point 'cause I know it isn't yours). I'd love to get rid of it.
(2019-05-01, 13:07)Cartman255 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey

The skins getting better by the day! Was wondering if you had the time to look at the logos not appearing over animated art problem that I highlighted about 3 weeks ago... (I know you have been super busy so don’t worry if it’s still on your todo list Smile )?

Also was wondering if you would consider another view which would be an artic version of this from eminence? pic attached hopefully.

Thanks

Everybody's digging up these dope views from your other skins @jurialmunkey Big Grin I'd love to see some AZ2 love given to some of those old views, as well.
(2019-05-01, 10:59)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 09:25)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful Skin I have to say. Really love the default widgets. I've used Aura before which also is a great Skin bit I like this even a bit more. You make the best shins undoubtedly.

You have possibility to disable all sections in video info dialog in the addon settings. I unchecked „special features“ for me as well. 

Well, that was easy, thank you very much. I must have missed that option, works perfectly Smile
(2019-05-01, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 13:07)Cartman255 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey

Thanks

Everybody's digging up these dope views from your other skins @jurialmunkey Big Grin I'd love to see some AZ2 love given to some of those old views, as well.  

That's because all his skins are made of magic. Smile
Hi @jurialmunkey

Great work on v2 of this skin - a welcome modernisation of an already excellent skin !

I've got a bit of a request for PVR functionality.  Could you please maybe have an option setting to use the 'old' style popup channel blade (as per image below) ?

The main this I feel the current one is missing are :
  • Ability to move through channel groups via left and right on the remote
  • Compactness - only current show title & progress
  • Channel icons
I'd be much obliged if you could add this, as I for one use this more than the guide itself for channel hopping.

Cheers!
Upgraded from a Nexus Player to a Shield and thought I'd install the alpha version; OMG so sexy and smooth! Great work!

Haven't come across any issues, just a question; is there a way to enable "pan and zoom" on the home screen when using my own background images? Pretty sure you could on older versions. Makes the home screen that little more interesting.