Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Recently, UpNext has started showing this redundant, ugly message at the end of episodes.  Not sure if it's an issue with addon or the skin, so I'll post it in both places.  

Anyone else having this bug?
(2020-01-22, 00:08).:B:. Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey I was looking through your code for AZ2, looking to add RottenTomatoes scores to legacy AZ1. I came across this code, but I am not finding any 'certified.png' in the sources. Is this an oversight?

While I'm at it, could you tell me how this works exactly since the comment says it removes the 'Fresh' texture, the code seems to show two images. Or is this an overlay where certified.png modifies the underlying rtfresh.png texture?

Thanks!

XML:

<control type="image" description="remove the rtfresh texture line for certified logo">
                    <width>32</width>
                    <height>32</height>
                    <texture colordiffuse="$PARAM[colordiffuse]">flags/$PARAM[directory]/ratings/rtfresh.png</texture>
                    <texture colordiffuse="$PARAM[colordiffuse]">flags/$PARAM[directory]/ratings/certified.png</texture>
                    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Rating))</visible>
                    <visible>Integer.IsGreater(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Rating),74)</visible>
                    <visible>$PARAM[rottentomatoes]</visible>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Ratings.RottenTomatoes)</visible>
                </control>
I commented out the certified texture because I don't use it. Instead I just show the normal fresh texture for both fresh and certified.

Main reason is that I can't actually check whether something is certified (certified is score above 75 plus has at least 80 certified critic reviews) - I can only check score so above 75 is not really certified as it may not meet the second criteria.

I mostly have that code there in the advent that it becomes possible to check certified using omdb in the future.
deleted
tldr; add something to the code so that going up in the widget-list by keeping <up> pushed in is seperated from going to the submenu.

I use a Horizontal Menu with multiple widgets. I also have a submenu which is activated by pushing up when the Menu Title is active.  On my remote, it's easier to keep <up> pressed in to get from some widget down below on the page to the Menu title above.  I know that <back> does the same but it's less convenient.

So the screen starts scrolling up fast.  But keeping <up> pressed in generates a lot of events in a fraction of a second.

So when the scrolling stops and the Menu title is reached the following happens :

AZ2 still senses a keypress <up> on the Menu title so it displays the Submenu
and then
AZ2 senses a keypress <up> on the Submenu so it displays the Menu
and on and on the top menu flashes between the two until I stop pressing <up>.

When my finger lets go, I never no if I will be in the Menu Title, or in the Submenu.

Can you @jurialmunkey add an event/interupt/idk in the code that ignores that maintained keypress a soon as the Menu Title is reached ?  And then pressing <up> again a second time would take me to the submenu if needed.

Thx
I love your skin
(2020-01-22, 16:03)StakarVN Wrote: [ -> ]When my finger lets go, I never no if I will be in the Menu Title, or in the Submenu.

... I never know...
Hi
Is it possible to get fanart for landscape widgets? In aura I had landscape art for my episode widgets and it showed fanart in them. Now i AZ2 it shows a thumbnail from the episode.
In Aura there was a box you could check that said "Prefer fanart for landscape widgets", but I don't see it AZ2.
It's about the only thing I'm missing from Aura.
(2020-01-22, 02:00)ntilikp Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Recently, UpNext has started showing this redundant, ugly message at the end of episodes.  Not sure if it's an issue with addon or the skin, so I'll post it in both places.  

Anyone else having this bug?
I have the same bug, but I doubt it's the skin, pretty sure it's the UpNext add-on that updated recently.
(2020-01-21, 18:47)fighuass Wrote: [ -> ]I see, how do I disable the scraping of ratings? (Sorry if this goes offtopic, you can PM me if you want to) 
I'm not exactly sure how you can do it with kodi automatic scraping option, for most of my stuff i'm using TMM and there you have control of what is scraped:

but you have to tell kodi `local nfo only`
Not sure if this has already been covered, but until recently I used Eminence 2, which had a very useful feature of movie, Episode and song counts in the header.

I've just changed to AZ2, and was wondering if this feature is in some way available.

Any help gratefully received.
(2020-01-22, 16:03)StakarVN Wrote: [ -> ]tldr; add something to the code so that going up in the widget-list by keeping <up> pushed in is seperated from going to the submenu.

I use a Horizontal Menu with multiple widgets. I also have a submenu which is activated by pushing up when the Menu Title is active.  On my remote, it's easier to keep <up> pressed in to get from some widget down below on the page to the Menu title above.  I know that <back> does the same but it's less convenient.

So the screen starts scrolling up fast.  But keeping <up> pressed in generates a lot of events in a fraction of a second.

So when the scrolling stops and the Menu title is reached the following happens :

AZ2 still senses a keypress <up> on the Menu title so it displays the Submenu
and then
AZ2 senses a keypress <up> on the Submenu so it displays the Menu
and on and on the top menu flashes between the two until I stop pressing <up>.

When my finger lets go, I never no if I will be in the Menu Title, or in the Submenu.

Can you @jurialmunkey add an event/interupt/idk in the code that ignores that maintained keypress a soon as the Menu Title is reached ?  And then pressing <up> again a second time would take me to the submenu if needed.

Thx
I love your skin
Not possible. Skins don't have that sort of control - can only define the action onup. Either up opens the submenu or it doesn't, those are the only options. There's no onshortup / onlongup exposed to the skin.
Okay @jurialmunkey Thx for explaining and taking the time Smile
(2020-01-24, 01:17)urekim99 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has already been covered, but until recently I used Eminence 2, which had a very useful feature of movie, Episode and song counts in the header.

I've just changed to AZ2, and was wondering if this feature is in some way available.

I second this!  Big Grin
(2020-01-24, 01:17)urekim99 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has already been covered, but until recently I used Eminence 2, which had a very useful feature of movie, Episode and song counts in the header.

Highlight/activate the scrollbars, should show by the clock if I remember right
When I have my followed twitch streams set as a home screen widget, the title shows as n/a bellow the screen grab. It shows fine above the screen grab. Is there a way to fix this? Here is a link to a photo showing what I'm talking about.
https://imgur.com/a/vSe4WAo
(2020-01-26, 05:37)homelessbrian Wrote: [ -> ]When I have my followed twitch streams set as a home screen widget, the title shows as n/a bellow the screen grab. It shows fine above the screen grab. Is there a way to fix this? Here is a link to a photo showing what I'm talking about.
https://imgur.com/a/vSe4WAo
You can see that the title is also inside the description field underneath. I think the Twitch add-on is returning things a lot different than what jurial has prepped AZ2 for. He might be able to fix it in some way but ultimately I think it's just the Twitch add-on handling titles or fields differently so they end up in other places than expected to AZ2.