Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-16, 22:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 22:07)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 08:50)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

Watched indicators only work on the home screen with content scanned to the library.

Thanks for the quick reply... can anyone help a n00b out? How would I do this? (I don’t think I’m allowed to mention which video add on I’m using?) I’m using Trakt Collections, and this worked well in Titan Bingy, but I much prefer the look and feel of AZ2. This would be a big help! Thank you!

Also, I’m digging into the settings, and I can’t seem to find out how to change layouts of internal pages (episode list for eg - I have a large poster on the left, and would really like a smaller poster, and details on that page) I’m sure I’ve seen screenshots of other layouts, but I can’t seem to find out how to update this.

Thanks for anyone who can answer these two questions!
In answer to 1 - use locally saved content that you actually own.

In answer to 2 - press left from the list view to open the top menu and then press OK on the first icon to cycle through available views.

1. Thanks... Smile That’s too bad that it won’t read the Trakt info, but I understand!

2. YOU ROCK! Geez, I don’t know why I couldn’t find this earlier! SO much better! YAY!

thanks again for all your hard work, it’s a really great skin!
(2019-10-16, 23:51)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 22:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 22:07)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply... can anyone help a n00b out? How would I do this? (I don’t think I’m allowed to mention which video add on I’m using?) I’m using Trakt Collections, and this worked well in Titan Bingy, but I much prefer the look and feel of AZ2. This would be a big help! Thank you!

Also, I’m digging into the settings, and I can’t seem to find out how to change layouts of internal pages (episode list for eg - I have a large poster on the left, and would really like a smaller poster, and details on that page) I’m sure I’ve seen screenshots of other layouts, but I can’t seem to find out how to update this.

Thanks for anyone who can answer these two questions!
In answer to 1 - use locally saved content that you actually own.

In answer to 2 - press left from the list view to open the top menu and then press OK on the first icon to cycle through available views.

1. Thanks... Smile That’s too bad that it won’t read the Trakt info, but I understand!

2. YOU ROCK! Geez, I don’t know why I couldn’t find this earlier! SO much better! YAY!

Depending on the add-on, many of them report watched status back to the Kodi library, which should be enough to get watched indicators working.

You can also use the official Trakt add-on to sync watched statuses directly from Trakt to your Kodi library.
(2019-10-14, 10:19)maeda Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, maybe i found a bug, if i try to add source in homemenu, 1.xsp is created but homemenu item displays the folder, not the content of a folder (as i linked in my previous post), or i'm dong something wrong, can anyone confirm?

Add smart playlist to home menu instead. Don't use sources. Smile Just create regular smart playlist with path/to/media/folder.

Sources has always given me trouble in home menus. Pretty sure they are not intended for that. Ofc. someone can correct me on that. But playlists have always worked better for me as menu items.
(2019-10-17, 06:57)curael Wrote: [ -> ]Add smart playlist to home menu instead. Don't use sources. Smile Just create regular smart playlist with path/to/media/folder.

Sources has always given me trouble in home menus. Pretty sure they are not intended for that. Ofc. someone can correct me on that. But playlists have always worked better for me as menu items. 
yeah i came to the same conclusion, playlists should live in /playlists folder, was just trying to be pedantic with a possible issue Smile
tnx for the answer thou
(2019-10-06, 11:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-26, 05:10)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

A little while back I asked you if it was possible to add a working "Browse" button to the info panel for content from addons. You were able to get it working as long as you were already in the addon. You mentioned looking into it for widgets on the home screen as well. Jw if theres been any progress?

It seems like auraMOD has been able to add the browse tv show option we talked about and a play option and trakt manager option to the info panel. SerpantDrago told me to look into the xml files to see how it's done but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if you can take a look? There's a post on git regarding it, I'll pm you

Sorry, just been busy with work doing 60 to 70hr weeks, so I've had barely anytime for skinning until today. I'll try to have a look into this issue soon. 
All good man! The new banner option looks great btw
(2019-10-17, 05:24)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 23:51)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 22:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]In answer to 1 - use locally saved content that you actually own.

Depending on the add-on, many of them report watched status back to the Kodi library, which should be enough to get watched indicators working.

You can also use the official Trakt add-on to sync watched statuses directly from Trakt to your Kodi library.

Thanks for your help - it DOES work on the internal pages, but not the home page. I am using TRAKT Collection (same widget) on the home page, as on internal pages, so I just can’t figure out why the HOME page does a library lookup, but the internal listings show the marks correctly. I’m missing something, but I can’t figure out what that is?
(2019-10-07, 20:17)midblue Wrote: [ -> ]For TV show library views like InfoWall, would it be possible to add the date of the next upcoming episode?  Or show "ended" or "continuing" if there is no date set. 

There seems to be space along the bottom with the studio/language.  Check out this reFocus view to see what I mean: https://kodi.wiki/images/6/61/ReFocus_thumbnails.png  Apologies if this has been asked before.  Thanks!

@jurialmunkey What do you think of this request?
Quote:@jurialmunkey What do you think of this request?

That info is provided by SHS and pretty inconsistent when I've played with it
(2019-10-18, 00:38)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-17, 05:24)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 23:51)netchick Wrote: [ -> ]1. Thanks... Smile That’s too bad that it won’t read the Trakt info, but I understand!

Thanks for your help - it DOES work on the internal pages, but not the home page. I am using TRAKT Collection (same widget) on the home page, as on internal pages, so I just can’t figure out why the HOME page does a library lookup, but the internal listings show the marks correctly. I’m missing something, but I can’t figure out what that is?

The skin uses the exact same variable for watched indicators on the homescreen as it does in the videos section (ie when navigating an addon). It doesn't do anything different at all.

Either the addon doesn't set the correct watched flag or there is some kodi core bug - my guess is that addons just set play count to 1 rather than explicitly setting the watched flag, and so in the main videos viewtypes kodi core translates this automatically to a watched flag but in widget containers it doesn't and the flag needs to be set explicitly instead (but as the addon has only set play count then it isn't shown). Either way, it isn't a skin issue - it's either a kodi bug or an addon issue.
I don't get "Watched" indicators on Home, but I get "Unwatched" counts for shows. Is that similar logic?
(2019-10-08, 23:28)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JM,

I really like your skinning skills and def AZ 2, keep up the good work!

Would you consider to have the bounce animation into AZ 2 as an option?

Additionally I see the option animated posters available however this does not work for me. Am I missing something? Universal moviescraper is available and API for Fanart is also completed together with credentials.

Thanks.

Hi JM,

Did you had time to consider above please?

Thanks!
(2019-10-18, 21:00)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-08, 23:28)Rijs43 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JM,

I really like your skinning skills and def AZ 2, keep up the good work!

Would you consider to have the bounce animation into AZ 2 as an option?

Additionally I see the option animated posters available however this does not work for me. Am I missing something? Universal moviescraper is available and API for Fanart is also completed together with credentials.

Thanks.

Hi JM,

Did you had time to consider above please?

Thanks!

Animated artwork should work just fine, as long as you have it, but you'd likely have to source it yourself. I'm pretty sure none of Kodi's included scrapers can scrape for it, nor does it appear that Artwork Beef can either.
(2019-10-18, 06:57)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get "Watched" indicators on Home, but I get "Unwatched" counts for shows. Is that similar logic?

Yep.

Here's the docs for setting watched flag - overlay needs to be set to 5 for watched:
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...erlay.html

It is set by passing it inside an infoLabels dictionary to setInfo() function of xbmcgui.ListItem() class:
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...2888fb5f14

e.g.
xbmcgui.ListItem(label='my item').setInfo('video', {'overlay': 5})

I did a test using my TMDb Helper addon as widgets and setting the overlay value for every listitem to 5 inside the addon. It worked perfectly.
So any add-on that doesn't have watched flags on home screen isn't setting the watched overlay flag correctly.

EDIT: I've added a playcount check to the skin: if this works to show watched indicators for add-ons on the home screen then it proves my hypothesis that those add-ons aren't setting the watched overlay correctly and are only setting playcount.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc....52-alpha5

A little while back I asked you if it was possible to add a working "Browse" button to the info panel for content from addons. You were able to get it working as long as you were already in the addon. You mentioned looking into it for widgets on the home screen as well. Jw if theres been any progress?

It seems like auraMOD has been able to add the browse tv show option we talked about and a play option and trakt manager option to the info panel. SerpantDrago told me to look into the xml files to see how it's done but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if you can take a look? There's a post on git regarding it, I'll pm you

@Seattle2Nashville - I think the Browse/Play issue should be fixed now. Can you test and confirm?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc....52-alpha6
(2019-10-19, 01:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

@Seattle2Nashville - I think the Browse/Play issue should be fixed now. Can you test and confirm?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc....52-alpha6

This does seem to be working, and even browses into the seasons of shows... but can't work "backwards" from an episode. Is it possible to get a "Browse Season" or "Browse Show" option whenever Information is viewed for an episode?