Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorted out my issue with az2 not displaying all of my movie posters even tho estuary does.... as it turns out it appears that az2 uses thumbnails rather than posters whereas estuary uses posters... apparently quite a few of my files contained posters + fanart but no thumbnails, not a prob with estuary it seems, but a prob with az2, so i went through all of my movies in az2 that didn't display a movie poster and added the missing thumbnails, all is good now...
Just as an update for anyone that wants to use this in Matrix, I've updated the repository so that there is a separate Matrix branch. You'll need to install the repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip package from the repository source.

Anyone with the repository installed in Leia should be able to continue as usual.

Also, keep in mind that many of this skin's dependencies (namely the Skin Helper "suite") are outdated, and no longer install on Matrix, so any features they provide can no longer be guaranteed to work. The skin does install and generally function, however.
(2020-06-27, 17:09)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]Just as an update for anyone that wants to use this in Matrix, I've updated the repository so that there is a separate Matrix branch. You'll need to install the repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip package from the repository source.

Anyone with the repository installed in Leia should be able to continue as usual.

Also, keep in mind that many of this skin's dependencies (namely the Skin Helper "suite") are outdated, and no longer install on Matrix, so any features they provide can no longer be guaranteed to work. The skin does install and generally function, however.
Thanks drinfernoo. I set up a test instance of Matrix on my laptop to preview before moving to my Android TV. I was able to install AZ2 after first installing TMdbHelper 2.4.36. Your installer will probably make life easier when I finally go live with Matrix. Appreciate it!
Created a widget using Kodi favourites but get that annoying 'Files, video-addons, playlists' page when navigating back to main menu (need to press back twice). Is there any way of avoiding it?

Is anyone else no longer able to use the "Landscape" or "Square" widget aspects? Selecting those always ends up with the "Small" variant for me.
(2020-06-30, 22:39)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else no longer able to use the "Landscape" or "Square" widget aspects? Selecting those always ends up with the "Small" variant for me.

I don't normally use the Square or Landscape widgets (I use the small variants), but I just added a couple widgets as tests using Square and Landscape (the larger variants), and they worked fine.  They were both TV episode widgets, so maybe there's something particular with the widget you're using.  A screenshot of the problem might help.
(2020-06-27, 17:09)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]Just as an update for anyone that wants to use this in Matrix, I've updated the repository so that there is a separate Matrix branch. You'll need to install the repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip package from the repository source.

Thanks. Using latest Matrix nightly and installed your repository, but sadly the skin doesn't install at all. Getting this error:

ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.2]: The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied.
(2020-07-01, 06:24)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. Using latest Matrix nightly and installed your repository, but sadly the skin doesn't install at all. Getting this error:

ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.2]: The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.14.0 could not be satisfied.

Ah yes, since I made that comment, a PR was merged that makes Leia skins incompatible with Matrix. That'll be on @jurialmunkey to decide if he wants a Matrix version of AZ2.
(2020-07-01, 06:53)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-01, 06:24)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah yes, since I made that comment, a PR was merged that makes Leia skins incompatible with Matrix. That'll be on @jurialmunkey to decide if he wants a Matrix version of AZ2.
I did some testing a few weeks ago, and as long as you aren't using the Skin Helper Service (which looks like has been abandoned and won't be upgraded), AZ2 appears to work fine in Matrix.  I'm going to try bumping my AZ2 mod to xbmc.gui 5.15.0 and do some more tests tomorrow.  The challenge here is that if jurialmunkey just bumps the dependency without some method of detecting/removing and skin helper service widgets, there will be lots of people posting with problems if they upgrade from Leia to Matrix. Clean installs would be fine, as you wouldn't have access to install the broken widgets.  Maybe just a one time dialog box at upgrade that says you'll have to delete any Skin Helper widgets.
I have a very rough first run at a version of AZ2 for Matrix.  You'll have to put up with my mods if you want to test it, but it is working.  I'm know there are still some things I need to work on (there are a SLEW of invalid include errors, some are my fault, some are pre-existing), but the skin should function now.  If you want to test it, see the first post of my mod thread.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2950636

If you have issues, please post in the mod thread instead of here so we can keep things clean.  And just FYI, at this point I'm pretty sure skin.helper.service is dead, so I removed all references to it that I could find.
(2020-07-02, 05:59)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]I have a very rough first run at a version of AZ2 for Matrix.  You'll have to put up with my mods if you want to test it, but it is working.  I'm know there are still some things I need to work on (there are a SLEW of invalid include errors, some are my fault, some are pre-existing), but the skin should function now.  If you want to test it, see the first post of my mod thread.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2950636

If you have issues, please post in the mod thread instead of here so we can keep things clean.  And just FYI, at this point I'm pretty sure skin.helper.service is dead, so I removed all references to it that I could find.

That's great, thanks a lot! I will try it out later today.

edit: Installed it and set everything up. Didn't notice any issues so far. Thanks again @pkscout ! Will post in the mod thread if I encounter any issues.
@pkscout, I intend on making a simple PR to the AZ2 repo in order to give it a true Matrix branch, with minor modifications, if at all possible.

On the topic of Skin Helper, I do believe @mikeSiLVO has been maintaining a Python 3 version, but I'm not sure of its progress.
'Display Scrolling Text Effect' doesn't work immediately for Tunein radio stations, i.e. I must press back a few times. Any way around this?
I chose a backgroud for each menu, they are color images, the blur is excessive for me because I do not appreciate the colors of my background, how I can reduce the transparency so that my personalized backgrounds look more intense.
(2020-02-11, 00:41)ArcticBeast Wrote: [ -> ]How to backup AZ2?

I really customized it a lot, but my Kodi started to act weird, I will need to reset it completely but I am afraid to lose AZ2 settings, home menu items, submenu items etc.

I want everything deleted except AZ2. How to manually backup all essential AZ2 files?

And then of course I will bring back AZ2, install addon's and bring back all icons, backgrounds etc.
How did you manage?