Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just had a play with the disc art in the info screen, the disc would spin on the screen.

disc half on the screen spinning, rolls from the right first before it stops in that position

or maybe full disc, rolls from the right first before it stops in that position

just a thought
Cant wait for this to be released ! Arctic was the first skin i used after Aeon and never looked back and this looks like it will easily surpass the previous version as well as Aura / Fuse etc

Interested what the video and music osd will look like {prefer the bar and codec info etc to appear at bottom of screen Personal choice i know fuse was set for top} and cant wait to see what the music info screen and lyrics layout look like when it gets to that level of development !!!!

Thanks for all you do !
(2019-02-16, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Reworked info dialog slightly to accommodate codec flags:

Call me ignorant but isn't it redundant to put h264 & AC3 on the left while having AVC & DD flags on the right? Couldn't this be combined? Also 5.1, 2.0, 4.0 speaker configurations could be shown as classic rectangle sketch like on BluRay cases, no?
Since new formats are anyway object-based, there should be no problem, IMHO.
Other than that, gorgeous.
(2019-02-16, 17:28)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]disc half on the screen spinning, rolls from the right first before it stops in that position

just a thought
 Ugh. There are dozens of other skins that have gaudy spinning discs and hundreds of media flags if you want that. AZ was always simple and clean and from what I've seen so far AZ2 is true to that.
(2019-02-16, 22:19)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-16, 17:28)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]disc half on the screen spinning, rolls from the right first before it stops in that position

just a thought
 Ugh. There are dozens of other skins that have gaudy spinning discs and hundreds of media flags if you want that. AZ was always simple and clean and from what I've seen so far AZ2 is true to that. 
I totally agree. No Spinning discs, please. Keep it simple but informative  Smile
Yeah, no spinning discs or anything like that. @Weavus and @Blurayx neatly summed up the goal of AZ2 - Simple and clean, yet informative.

@iophobia - You're right, the double up of info is redundant. I was thinking similar thoughts almost immediately after I posted the screenshot.
I'm currently toying with the idea of putting some button controls in the bottom left spot:

(2019-02-16, 20:15)iophobia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-16, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Reworked info dialog slightly to accommodate codec flags:

Call me ignorant but isn't it redundant to put h264 & AC3 on the left while having AVC & DD flags on the right? Couldn't this be combined? Also 5.1, 2.0, 4.0 speaker configurations could be shown as classic rectangle sketch like on BluRay cases, no?
Since new formats are anyway object-based, there should be no problem, IMHO.
Other than that, gorgeous.    
I agree, info screen looks awesome (as well as A:Z 2 in general!), but info about quality/codecs seems all over the place.
Video quality info is at three different places: HD/SD below the title, codec, resolution and aspect ratio in bottom left and codec flags in bottom right.
Audio quality info is in bottom left and bottom right.

I really like the cleanness of A:Z and feel spreading out related information across the whole screen kind of breaks with the overall lean approach.
 Regardless, A:Z 2 is shaping up to be fantastic. Been using A:Z exclusively for years now!

[Edit] Dang it, posted a little too late  Laugh
(2019-02-17, 01:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, no spinning discs or anything like that. @Weavus and @Blurayx neatly summed up the goal of AZ2 - Simple and clean, yet informative.

@iophobia - You're right, the double up of info is redundant. I was thinking similar thoughts almost immediately after I posted the screenshot.
I'm currently toying with the idea of putting some button controls in the bottom left spot:

Thanks for reconsidering. Much cleaner. Although again now, the 5.1 stands out as the only non-flag on the right.
This looks wonderful jurialmunkey.
+1 when it comes to scrapping spinning discs and redundant media flags etc. Sometimes less is more.

I hope you'll allow ample room for the synopsis to be shown all at once without scrolling.
@iophobia - This was my iconic attempt:

"jurialmunkey"

what about this for the channels, as it keeps it tight as the channel numbers are inside the icon flag, the box in your image does not show clearly what it is and looks a little lost. I had to make the box a littlie bigger as making the same height as your other icons made it hard to make out, its not that much bigger but you get the how it looks.

see what you think as I could do the images for you if you wish

@jurialmonkey I really like it. But I'd understand if people complain that it's not really readable on smaller screens. Up to you ultimately.
@meridius - I tried a few variants with a square type of icon, but there's something about the square icon style that I find unappealing. I do think the channel icons I made could be bumped up a few sizes to improve readability a bit.

@iophobia - Yeah, I think I need to bump up the size a little to improve readability.
(2019-02-17, 11:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@iophobia - This was my iconic attempt:

ImageImage
 I think the size is OK, I used Aura with small and big screens and had no problem with the size of icons (I think the size is the same more or less) 
And I prefer this way of showing the icons, instead of the hided one like Aura. I see you hided the path of the movies, I think this way looks better, I hope you put that option on your skin.
Thanks for your work!
@LFLR - I was just talking about the increasing the size of the audio channels icon. I agree that the size of the other icons is fine. Definitely will be the default to have the path hidden and an option to enable showing it.

I think the slight increase in audio channels icon makes a pretty big difference: