Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-04, 03:07)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Pressing pause is not a good way to check info about the movie - that's what the "info" button is for.

Unfortunately, not every remote has a dedicated "info" button. Sad
Bind long press OK to info in fullscreenvideo.
(2019-05-04, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 23:34)Krismyklebust Wrote: [ -> ]Good job on the new skin, @jurialmunkey Smile

1. I've mapped C:\Dropbox\Favorites\ as a picture source and added it as a submenu widget.
Is there a way to hide the file extension in said widget (I've disabled "Show file extensions" in Media Settings > General)?

2. I like the star and IMDB rating in the movie information screen.
However, when viewing the information screen for a TV show, the IMDB rating behind the star rating is missing. Is this a bug?

I'll have a look at 1. Are you using the basic home screen? Any reason why you are adding as a widget rather than a background?

For (2) - What scraper are you using? On a fresh install of Leia, I found I had to change the default scraper settings for tvshows to get ratings for all shows scraped to the library. I use TVDB scraper with ratings set to scrape from imdb. 

1. I'm using the basic home screen, yes. Below is a photo to better illustrate what I'm trying to achieve. I'd like the file ending (.jpg / .png) in the widget to be hidden.
It would also be sweet if you could open the first photo and be able to navigate to the next photo with the arrow keys or hit space to start a slide show. The widget doesn't seem to allow for that. Smile

Here's the photo of the "Pictures" submenu with the widget:
https://i.imgur.com/Z2sFnvB.jpg
(2019-05-04, 11:04)Krismyklebust Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 23:34)Krismyklebust Wrote: [ -> ]Good job on the new skin, @jurialmunkey Smile

1. I've mapped C:\Dropbox\Favorites\ as a picture source and added it as a submenu widget.
Is there a way to hide the file extension in said widget (I've disabled "Show file extensions" in Media Settings > General)?

2. I like the star and IMDB rating in the movie information screen.
However, when viewing the information screen for a TV show, the IMDB rating behind the star rating is missing. Is this a bug?

I'll have a look at 1. Are you using the basic home screen? Any reason why you are adding as a widget rather than a background?

For (2) - What scraper are you using? On a fresh install of Leia, I found I had to change the default scraper settings for tvshows to get ratings for all shows scraped to the library. I use TVDB scraper with ratings set to scrape from imdb. 

1. I'm using the basic home screen, yes. Below is a photo to better illustrate what I'm trying to achieve. I'd like the file ending (.jpg / .png) in the widget to be hidden.
It would also be sweet if you could open the first photo and be able to navigate to the next photo with the arrow keys or hit space to start a slide show. The widget doesn't seem to allow for that. Smile

Here's the photo of the "Pictures" submenu with the widget:
https://i.imgur.com/Z2sFnvB.jpg

Oh okay, I see what you mean now! The screenshot makes things much clearer. Unfortunately, however, it doesn't seem that either of these are possible. The file ending seems to be a kodi bug with a dynamic list. And I've never had any luck getting Kodi to launch a slideshow of a folder from a widget. Kodi's pictures side of things is pretty neglected unfortunately. Sad
Thank you for the update and making the landscape option optional. In Season View 2 is there any way to display only one season when there's actually only one instead of looping it below (Season 1 is displayed twice that way, for example).
(2019-05-04, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]The "Now playing" text is not useless - it shows whether the video is playing, paused, rewinding, fastforwarding, seeking.
Swapping it's position with the title will not work because then there is no indication of player status when OSD is visible.
Obviously you're right. I didn't thought of forwarding, rewinding, seeking and so on.
(2019-05-04, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]If you want more info when pressing info, then don't disable poster/plot.
But the option is meant to disable plot and poster, not the name of what is played.
I will take a look in your XMLs and try to make an suggestion.
(2019-05-04, 00:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 09:17)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 01:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]No.

But why are you using skin helper for those widgets at all? The library path for inprogress will be much quicker. There are also a number of smart playlists included in default widgets section that will be much faster. Or alternatively, just make your own smart playlist and use that - way faster than using a plugin like skinhelper.

Thanks.
I will try smart playlist.

When uninstalling skin helper widgets, I am prompted to install it when open video info dialog.
And as i said there are loading delays also. Which function needs skin helper widgets? And do you have any idea to the delays? 

The "Similar" list in videoinfo uses skinhelper widgets. Disable it at:
Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Choose info-dialog lists > Similar

I might need to change the way the info lists are included though, as it sounds like it might trigger an install prompt even if the list is disabled and not visible. 
Yes, it is promting even with all lists unselected.
Is it normal, that "youtube" and "similar" are loading about 1-2 minutes (on my RPi 2)?
(2019-05-04, 01:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 19:41)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the logos in you skin.
Just activated them and noticed they are at the top of each library view and on the upper right corner of background widget on homescreen in basic layout.
Are logos somewhere else in the skin?

I noticed once a clearlogo on the episode preview in mediainfo view.

For enhancement:
Maybe you should limit the width and not only the height of logos, because some logos with wide aspects are maybe a „bit“ too large! Big Grin Eek

https://postimg.cc/qhcd3Xj6

That's a non-standard clearlogo size. Clearlogos should be 800x310px
I will add a width limit to the image though. 
Thanks. A width limit will solve this.
(2019-04-08, 01:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-06, 20:43)popcornemil Wrote: [ -> ]First off.

Jurial, you are a god.

I am pretty new to Kodi and used AZ a couple of weeks. And Rhen AZ2 Beta came.

Sorry if this is a noob question and not a skin question.

I have Madeleine some nodes and put them in a subwidget. Is it possible to have more than 25 items?

See attached image.

Best Regards

Yes, change the limit setting for the widget in the widget customisation dialog. 

Hi, Sorry for noob question. 

If I change to limit to x number and then reload the skin, it resets to the value of 25. What did I miss? 
Best Regards
(2019-05-04, 01:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 19:46)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]Don‘t know if thats a skin issue - but I never had that before switching to A:Z2.
My Kodi on RPi2 doesn’t un-dim the screensaver sometimes (mostly after long sleep time).

Some other thread are pointing on the used skin.
Anyone else with this issue?

Can you point me to the thread where this is being discussed?
I've experienced this issue too. 
Just found these two (quite old) and both without a solution.
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/dim-screensa...im/7126/17
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221171

For now this doesn't happen any more.
(2019-04-30, 23:35)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]What about an audio button in the OSD?
I would appreciate this similar to the subtitle button. By default to switch audio and by option to open dialog.
@jurialmunkey 
Did you miss this?
Would be nice to see in an further version.
(2019-04-24, 12:19)Starmanrf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-24, 01:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-23, 13:31)Starmanrf Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey and I thought aura was great...you've outdone yourself with AZ2 as my new go-to skin...kudos!! 

Is there a bit of code I can copy and paste somewhere to have clearlogos on the player seekbar like aura ( or is it possible to add it as a feature to AZ2 In a future release)?

Also, was playing around with some screen shots and got these concepts looking pretty good, so I wonder if i could make these feature requests with perhaps an option to enable/disable in settings for folks who don't want it:

Big Plot with clearlogo (If Available)...

I'm not a skinner so not even sure that its possible on these dialogs, but i hope it keeps with the elegance of the skin ....What do you think?

Clearlogo on seekbar is already on my todo list.

There was already a lengthy discussion in this thread about discart. The short of it is that it won't be shown on the info screen.

However it can be viewed in the artwork gallery by pressing down on info dialog till you get to the bottom and then scrolling right.

I don't like using clearlogo as headings because the dimensions are too inconsistent and it's almost impossible to get a good left/right top/bottom alignment. Only thing that works is when they are centred above body text (which doesn't suit here).  
Great news about the seekbar and apologies I must have glossed over the discart conversation, but hadn't realised it was available at the bottom of the info dialogue , so that's cool, thanks. I can get with logos as I contribute to fanart tv and scaling a logo to fit the same space is a challenge and doesn't always translate well to some skins. Keep up the great work and ill continue to use and test. 

I have encountered an odd behaviour on info dialogue for movies. The collection info (a great feature btw) works fine when viewing a movie that's part of a set ….

e.g. avengers collection from infinity war....

But once you move to anunrelated film that doesn't belong to a set, the dialog remains with no title

e.g.awakenings 

Cheers,
Ryan 

Same here, I don't know why but it seems that the set container does not get refreshed while browsing through titles. My (ugly) solution is manually change the visibility condition, using the ListItem.SetID instead of checking the Container(5001).NumItems...

Works for me because my movies only have SetID if they are part of an existent set.

I'm sure that there's a reason for this behavior and a much better way to solve it...

Hope this helps and many thanks for your fantastic work Smile
(2019-05-04, 02:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 01:45)puenktchen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 01:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable it from the top menu in the library.
Yes i know, that's why i'm asking.

The option is for rotating artwork in the background - the artwork gallery at the bottom of info shows regardless of how that option is set.

Do you have Artwork Helper and Artwork Beef installed? Background extrafanart should work with just skinhelper, but I find Artwork Helper with AB to be more reliable. It depends on how your extrafanart is setup though.
Artworkhelper did the trick!
where is located the png file watched / unwatched? please help
(2019-05-04, 04:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 03:07)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Pressing pause is not a good way to check info about the movie - that's what the "info" button is for.

Unfortunately, not every remote has a dedicated "info" button. Sad
Bind long press OK to info in fullscreenvideo.

Long press is not supported if the remote is used via CEC.
Hi, thanks for the great skin.

When in a menu i just have 1 widget i have bellow the sellect movie the description,etc, but if have 2 or more i no longer have description, just several lines with the posters.

Is there someway i can have that info on multi widget menus or is the some other way to get the description?

Thanks