Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-03, 18:44)Fredouye Wrote: [ -> ]Hello jurialmunkey

AZ2 looks amazing, I can't wait to try it Smile

Could it be possible to display runtime in HHMM format, when using the list view ?

Regarding AZ2, do you need help for the French translation, for new items ?

Ive actually already changed the duration - the mins format was just a leftover from AZ1. It is now in the format "2hr 15min"

Yes, once the labels are finalised, help with translations would be fantastic Smile
Thank you for keeping A:Z light weight!

Can't wait for a beta or final release! Currently using Eminence; it's functional, but just not a pretty as A:Z.
Oh my God. The vertical menu and blur look amazing. Definitely going to be using those. Keep up the excellent work. Cannot wait to use this skin.
!
(2019-03-03, 23:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-03, 18:44)Fredouye Wrote: [ -> ]Hello jurialmunkey

AZ2 looks amazing, I can't wait to try it Smile

Could it be possible to display runtime in HHMM format, when using the list view ?

Regarding AZ2, do you need help for the French translation, for new items ?

Ive actually already changed the duration - the mins format was just a leftover from AZ1. It is now in the format "2hr 15min"

Yes, once the labels are finalised, help with translations would be fantastic Smile

Jurial, I can translate into Spanish whenever the labels are ready, and I can certainly do thorough testing. I have a very large movie, TV shows, music videos and music collection; I use both video and audio add-ons and also PVR.

Thanks for your work on this, it's shaping up to be a magnificent skin!

Regards,

Bart
I love this skin so much. I can't wait to see how it progresses. 

The only one thing that doesn't quite look right to me is your choice of font for the synopsis/plot sections. Your skins were the first ones to make me realize that Roboto makes for an incredible skin font; would you consider keeping the font family for the entire skin Roboto/Roboto Condensed? 

Thank you again for such excellent work! Smile
Can't wait to try this one, always used the first one on all our streaming devices. So clean and with a great design, this one is even better.

Hope to see a beta pop-up soon haha. Great work. 👍
Can't wait to try it, currently using Eminence on Leia but using arctic for almost two years... so now i'm a bit lost without it hahaha, hope to see it soon Smile
(2019-03-05, 14:40)LFLR Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to try it, currently using Eminence on Leia but using arctic for almost two years... so now i'm a bit lost without it hahaha, hope to see it soon Smile

A:Z is available for Leia. I'm using it.
Love it so much to see a new version of my favourite skin since day 1. The reduced style, now the blurred backgrounds, it's getting even more beautiful than before.

Just sent my appreciations from grey and windy Germany ... thanks for your work!
(2019-03-05, 06:29)AuroraFlux Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin so much. I can't wait to see how it progresses. 

The only one thing that doesn't quite look right to me is your choice of font for the synopsis/plot sections. Your skins were the first ones to make me realize that Roboto makes for an incredible skin font; would you consider keeping the font family for the entire skin Roboto/Roboto Condensed? 

I agree; I think the entire aesthetic of this skin is almost perfect...  But the font on the plot synopsis sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately Sad  Using just one font (maybe two) for the whole skin would work much better and create better consistency.

Also, I love the icon for 5.1 sound.  Do you have plans to cover all surround layouts?  I ask because I notice in A:Z that if my NFO contains a flag for 6.1 channels (<channels>7</channels>) then either Kodi or the skin (not sure which) doesn't recognise this format.

I have also noticed that the same thing happens for uncommon aspect ratios such as 2.2:1.
(2019-03-06, 00:34)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-05, 06:29)AuroraFlux Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin so much. I can't wait to see how it progresses. 

I agree; I think the entire aesthetic of this skin is almost perfect...  But the font on the plot synopsis sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately Sad  Using just one font (maybe two) for the whole skin would work much better and create better consistency.

Also, I love the icon for 5.1 sound.  Do you have plans to cover all surround layouts?  I ask because I notice in A:Z that if my NFO contains a flag for 6.1 channels (<channels>7</channels>) then either Kodi or the skin (not sure which) doesn't recognise this format.

I have also noticed that the same thing happens for uncommon aspect ratios such as 2.2:1.

I am only using two fonts - RobotoCondensed and the plot font. The plot font is actually one of my favourite things about the skin - it's a pretty common design approach to use a different font for body text to improve readability and add variety/contrast. Anyway, it is fairly trivial for someone to change the font if they wish - I'll be including a linespacing modification of Roboto which can be switched with the plot font without messing up alignments.

Yep, I have icons for all surround layouts.
Here's some screenshots from different videos in my library:

Mono:

Stereo:

5.1 Surround:

6.1 Surround:

I don't have any 2.1, 3.1, 4.1 or 7.1 videos, but I do have icons that should work for these setups. The icons all follow the same scheme of a hollow center circle representing the subwoofer and then solid circles around the ring in the standard speaker configurations.
1.0 has C
2.0 has L R
2.1 has L R + Sub
3.1 has L C R + Sub
4.1 has FL FR BL BR + Sub
5.1 has FL FC FR BL BR + Sub
6.1 has FL FC FR BL BC BR + Sub
7.1 has FL FC FR ML MR BL BR + Sub
(2019-03-06, 00:10)thomasfl Wrote: [ -> ]Love it so much to see a new version of my favourite skin since day 1. The reduced style, now the blurred backgrounds, it's getting even more beautiful than before.

Just sent my appreciations from grey and windy Germany ... thanks for your work!

Thanks Big Grin
(2019-03-04, 12:09)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, I can translate into Spanish whenever the labels are ready, and I can certainly do thorough testing. I have a very large movie, TV shows, music videos and music collection; I use both video and audio add-ons and also PVR.

Thanks for your work on this, it's shaping up to be a magnificent skin!

Regards,

Bart

Yes, this would be fantastic. Smile
@jurialmunkey 
If you need someone for Polish, I am happy to help.
I can do the Dutch translations if you would like them included.