Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just uninstalled extendedinfo addon.
Can you include visible condition
Code:
System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo)
for the extended info button in OSD?

When you do, maybe you should add the popup for an not installed addon to the „Use extendedinfo“ option in info-dialog menu, too.
Just to be consistent at this point.
(2019-08-08, 06:33)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-30, 09:45)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the Netflix add-on and I'm trying to setup the views; how do I look up the "view id"?

EDIT:
I need the ID for the following views:
  • TV Shows - Poster Wall
    • Seasons - Poster
      • Episodes - Media Info 2
  • Movies - Media Info 2

@jurialmunkey Is it possible to look up the view IDs?  

I see that you've moved away from EIS already... What benefits do we get from TheMovieDb Helper?
(2019-08-10, 21:10)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]I see that you've moved away from EIS already... What benefits do we get from TheMovieDb Helper?

That‘s to me?
Didn‘t try it, yet. But I would like to know if there is already a way to integrate this to A:Z2 (like EIS in info dialog)?
(2019-08-10, 21:10)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]I see that you've moved away from EIS already... What benefits do we get from TheMovieDb Helper?

This was directed @jurialmunkey, sorry Big Grin
(2019-08-06, 20:12)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]First I want report a bug:
With horizontal homescreenlayout and unfocused widgets, the seperator „|“ between rating and year is missing for movies as well as for tvshows.

Additional to this:
In some cases ALL separators are missing, even in library views (not only in widgets).
And IMDB Top250 rank is show even when not chosen in options.
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'd like some clarification please.

My movie scraper (The Movie DB) is set to retrieve TMDb ratings by default, and also include those from IMDB.  The IMDB rating always shows, but for reasons unknown to me, only some films show their TMDb rating.  Why is this?  Other skins show the TMDb rating without needing to connect to an external API.

The same also happens with the TVDb ratings; some show and some don't, for no logical reason that I can see.  Strange! Huh
(2019-08-10, 23:34)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this has been asked before but I'd like some clarification please.

My movie scraper (The Movie DB) is set to retrieve TMDb ratings by default, and also include those from IMDB.  The IMDB rating always shows, but for reasons unknown to me, only some films show their TMDb rating.  Why is this?  Other skins show the TMDb rating without needing to connect to an external API.

The same also happens with the TVDb ratings; some show and some don't, for no logical reason that I can see.  Strange! Huh
Star rating is scraped rating. Other ratings are online ratings.
(2019-08-11, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-10, 23:34)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this has been asked before but I'd like some clarification please.

OK thanks but what does that mean?  What is the difference between an online rating and a scraped rating?

There are two scraped ratings according to the settings in my TMDb scraper; IMDB and TMDb.  As far as I understand, if a rating is in the database the skin should be able to display it... so how come some of my movies / TV shows only show IMDB ratings, and others (seemingly random) show ratings from both IMDB and TMDb?

I am confused!  Oo

1. Extendedinfo is no longer developed. Many parts of it are broken and other parts are likely to break in the future.
  2. My TMDb addon provides far greater access to the API. With my add-on it is possible to do things such as: get movies/tv from a particular year, studio, genre, director, writer, producer, actor, keyword, collection; get movie/tv recommendations and similar lists; get lists for movies/tv/people that are popular, top-rated, upcoming, airing, and link them together in a browser experience.
  3. These lists will also provide ways to make complex stacking of widgets. e.g. with my plugin it is possible to have a widget (1) popular movies; then widget (2) similar movies to item focused in widget 1; then widget (3) movies from director of item focused in widget 2; then widget (4) movies from genre of widget 2 and year of widget 3; and so on and on.
  4. Allows for seamless integration with library movies. With extendedinfo, once you were inside the extendedinfo script all info came from the script even for local library items. With my TMDb helper, a plugin path is provided which can be used to access normal info labels (e.g. ListItem.Director or ListItem.Genre etc.) rather than relying on window properties, thus allowing me to use the kodi library info dialogs even for online materials. This makes it possible to easily switch between local and online content when browsing,
  5. Connects with OMDb (if API key entered) to provide even greater detail to movies
  6. Caches all requests with simplecache to ensure services are not overloaded
(2019-08-11, 01:08)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-11, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

OK thanks but what does that mean?  What is the difference between an online rating and a scraped rating?

There are two scraped ratings according to the settings in my TMDb scraper; IMDB and TMDb.  As far as I understand, if a rating is in the database the skin should be able to display it... so how come some of my movies / TV shows only show IMDB ratings, and others (seemingly random) show ratings from both IMDB and TMDb?

I am confused!  Oo

Outside of the info dialog, skins can only access the rating in $INFO[ListItem.Rating]. The other scraped ratings return the wrong/empty values so it becomes necessary to rely on helper add-ons to provide those additional ratings.

It is not possible to tell what rating type ListItem.Rating is, so a generic symbol (star) is used to represent it. Whatever you are seeing that isn't a star rating is from skinhelper or listitemhelper (with the exception of standard showcase view because I still haven't got around to updating it properly - so it uses imdb logo instead of a star).

What skins display multiple ratings in the library (not just the info dialog) without relying on some helper service?
(2019-08-10, 22:03)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-06, 20:12)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]First I want report a bug:
With horizontal homescreenlayout and unfocused widgets, the seperator „|“ between rating and year is missing for movies as well as for tvshows.

Additional to this:
In some cases ALL separators are missing, even in library views (not only in widgets).
And IMDB Top250 rank is show even when not chosen in options.

Both should be fixed in latest (I hope). Issue was with double up of IDs.
(2019-08-10, 15:30)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]I just uninstalled extendedinfo addon.
Can you include visible condition
Code:
System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo)
for the extended info button in OSD?

When you do, maybe you should add the popup for an not installed addon to the „Use extendedinfo“ option in info-dialog menu, too.
Just to be consistent at this point.

I'm slowly transitioning away from extendedinfo completely. Hoping to remove any use of it in my skin.
(2019-08-08, 09:35)DZ-Magpul Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-08, 05:32)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-08, 03:57)DZ-Magpul Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

In the Aura skin at the end of each row of widgets (to the right) there was a widget? That would take you directly to the section for each row of widget.

Hope that makes sense.

Wondering if the same will come to AZ2?

You're talking about the "See more..." item. It would be great to get that here!
Yes I believe that's what it's called, it was at the end of each widget to give quick access to that widget's section which I found very useful as I limited each row of widgets to only 10.

it was a great addition to Aura and I hope it finds its a way to AZ2!

Please add a feature request on the issues section of the github page
(2019-08-09, 10:00)Eddie Strike Wrote: [ -> ]Does this skin have "prefer fanart for landscape widgets" art somewhere?

Instead of using landscape art? Yes. Skin Settings > Library > Landscape Art

Instead of using episode thumbs? No.