Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-22, 20:03)endtheme Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting cropped TV and Movie posters throughout the skin.

Notice in the above image how the bottom and top portions are cropped compared to the original poster https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/3175-ba...uage=en-US

The skin uses the tvdb standard ratio for posters which is 680:1000px. Any poster which is not in that ratio will be cropped because the skin scales artwork to a uniform size.
(2019-10-22, 19:02)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 15:39)hyper_puncher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-31, 04:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]0.9.46-a2 - UpNext SupportImage
Hi, thanks for this incredible skin! 
I can't find how to enable this feature.    

Install Up Next from the Kodi repository Big Grin    

Hahaha, thanks! Installed it but nothing shows up. I guess there is some trouble with my setup. I tried enabling developer mode and it just blinks couple times on start like on this screenshot and nothing happens after that.
(2019-10-21, 04:03)tinnyskillz Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey is their any way you can make it that on the home screen. There could be multiple widgets that shows the highlighted media`s plot. When there`s a single widget, the plot shows (it doesn`t if there`s more than 1 widget setup). It would be awsome to click down, and my other widgets are shown (one at a time like a single widget) with their plots as well.

Also, is there a way to move cleart logo`s to the middle, and increase it`s size like Titan Binge?
(2019-10-09, 18:16)mardup Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jurial

This is how looks the home page, with only one line of widgets, and in this case the "Recently Added Movies" widget.
1 row with posters and under, the plot of the movie selected

Do you think is possible to add an option to include the Fanart of the movie,  beside the plot, like the image below ?

THank you very much !

Where's the setting to show plot for a movie widget?

Thanks in advance.
(2019-10-23, 21:48)zenyatta80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 18:16)mardup Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jurial

This is how looks the home page, with only one line of widgets, and in this case the "Recently Added Movies" widget.
1 row with posters and under, the plot of the movie selected

Do you think is possible to add an option to include the Fanart of the movie,  beside the plot, like the image below ?

THank you very much !

Where's the setting to show plot for a movie widget?

Thanks in advance.

The plotbox shows up when there's only one widget defined for a section. The fanart thumb in the previous screenshot was a mockup, though.
(2019-10-22, 08:50)Gyulafi Wrote: [ -> ]please help from hungary.

I made a menu that points to a directory "animacio".
if I click on it, script.skinshortcuts window comes in 4x.
then the movies come in.
How can this window be skipped?
Why come in?
(Every skin is like that)
Animacio (menu) -> script.skinshortcuts window -> movies Sad

Thanks!

Pick:

https://ibb.co/Ln374Zw

https://ibb.co/s1CkkRQ

https://ibb.co/vm130x3

https://ibb.co/1qjNQ2f

You'll have to tell us what steps you have taken to add this menu. Step by step. You've clearly done something wrong. Also, since it's all skins doing it, this question probably doesn't belong in the AZ2 thread. If you can't figure it out, drop me a DM with details on how you created the home menu item, bud.
I've seen requests for the location of background transparency, but haven't seen an answer here, so I looked at other skins and believe it is in .kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2\colors\. Specifically I'm try to do 'Dark with dark dialogs.xml.' These are the values I believe I should be modding, but none of them make a difference. Any help?

<!-- Background -->
    <color name="HomePanel">e7181818</color>
    <color name="Background">ff181818</color>
    <color name="PosterBack">ff454545</color>
    <color name="AltPosterBack">1fdedede</color>
(2019-10-19, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-18, 06:57)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get "Watched" indicators on Home, but I get "Unwatched" counts for shows. Is that similar logic?

Yep.

Here's the docs for setting watched flag - overlay needs to be set to 5 for watched:
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...erlay.html

It is set by passing it inside an infoLabels dictionary to setInfo() function of xbmcgui.ListItem() class:
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...2888fb5f14

e.g.
xbmcgui.ListItem(label='my item').setInfo('video', {'overlay': 5})

I did a test using my TMDb Helper addon as widgets and setting the overlay value for every listitem to 5 inside the addon. It worked perfectly.
So any add-on that doesn't have watched flags on home screen isn't setting the watched overlay flag correctly.

EDIT: I've added a playcount check to the skin: if this works to show watched indicators for add-ons on the home screen then it proves my hypothesis that those add-ons aren't setting the watched overlay correctly and are only setting playcount.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc....52-alpha5

Hi @jurialmunkey - THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU FIXED IT! I’m getting watched checkboxes now on the home screen! So much better! Smile Thanks for the update! Woohoo!
@jurialmunkey This has become by far my favorite skin. I have it installed on both my Kodi devices. FYI it's lightweight enough to have decent performance on an old MX2 box running LibreElec.

I have two questions:
  1. I love the poster showcase view for movies. Would you consider adding the movie's year date somewhere on this view? Maybe the bottom left corner by the studio tags, and using a calendar icon?
  2. Would you consider an option for multi-widget mode that displays the plot box when more than one widget is added?
Firstly, congrats to @jurialmunkey for yet another amazing skim.

A few questions (apologises if they’ve been asked previously).

1. How do I hide the file path displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the Information screen?

2. I’ve set up smarts playlists as menu titles, Movies, Kids, Docos, etc. each of these has sub menus such as Show All, Recently Added. When I go to these they display where the last visit left off. Is there a way to make playlists or widgets start form the beginning of the list when called? So if I’m browsing recently added kids shows and I go back to the home screen and then enter recently added kids shoes again the list starts from the first entry?

Thanks
(2019-10-26, 22:18)endtheme Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey This has become by far my favorite skin. I have it installed on both my Kodi devices. FYI it's lightweight enough to have decent performance on an old MX2 box running LibreElec.

I have two questions:
  1. I love the poster showcase view for movies. Would you consider adding the movie's year date somewhere on this view? Maybe the bottom left corner by the studio tags, and using a calendar icon?
  2. Would you consider an option for multi-widget mode that displays the plot box when more than one widget is added?

Thanks. Glad you like it.

1. You can see the year in poster showcase if you enable the option:
Skin Settings > Library > Left align showcase viewtypes
This option changes the style a bit but does gives additional info. The standard showcase is intended to remain simple so I won't be adding any additional details to it.

2. Not possible without making the widget system significantly more complex than it already is. Plus it introduces a number of issues with ID value double ups which cause a lot of slow-downs and other issues. I would really need to rewrite the whole home-screen and widgets to achieve this properly - and that's not something I'm really keen on doing at this stage.
(2019-10-27, 03:33)Shellcaster Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, congrats to @jurialmunkey for yet another amazing skim.

A few questions (apologises if they’ve been asked previously).

1. How do I hide the file path displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the Information screen?

2. I’ve set up smarts playlists as menu titles, Movies, Kids, Docos, etc. each of these has sub menus such as Show All, Recently Added. When I go to these they display where the last visit left off. Is there a way to make playlists or widgets start form the beginning of the list when called? So if I’m browsing recently added kids shows and I go back to the home screen and then enter recently added kids shoes again the list starts from the first entry?

Thanks

1. Select any button other than "Manage". It only shows if Manage is selected.

2. Not possible in the skin side of things. Kodi core handles what item in the list is focused when opening the window.
(2019-10-27, 04:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. Select any button other than "Manage". It only shows if Manage is selected.

2. Not possible in the skin side of things. Kodi core handles what item in the list is focused when opening the window.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can’t believe I missed that it only shows when focused on manage.

One more thing I can’t seem to get to work is displaying ratings. I have API keys for OMDB and TMDB. I entered them in both the MBDB helper addon and the script module addon as per your first post. no matter what I do the only ratings I get are the default x out of 5 stars.

I’ve verified that the API keys are valid and working.

Any suggestions? Thanks

—————-

Disregard. It’s working now. I uninstalled and reinstalled the addons.
Hi ,
Thank you for great job. I am using this skin for long time. I solved below problem years ago but now I forgot to solve it again:
I have Libreelec kodi 18 with Arctic Zephyr 2. When I go to install from repository>...>addon information, then I can not see any bottom underneath. I can not see install, configure or...
Then I need to change skin to any other and install addone and change it back to AZ.
I am sure there was a solution here but I could not find it.
can any one help me with this issue?
(2019-11-01, 13:58)saman_karimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ,
Thank you for great job. I am using this skin for long time. I solved below problem years ago but now I forgot to solve it again:
I have Libreelec kodi 18 with Arctic Zephyr 2. When I go to install from repository>...>addon information, then I can not see any bottom underneath. I can not see install, configure or...
Then I need to change skin to any other and install addone and change it back to AZ.
I am sure there was a solution here but I could not find it.
can any one help me with this issue?
Turn off kiosk mode in skin settings.