Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Crustybeaver - You can already see the discart in the artwork section of the info dialog. You can see how the info dialog works in this video:

(2019-02-17, 13:33)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

*Any plans on adding alphabet search to A:Z 2?
*please remember to add auto menu close

Thanks Smile

Yes to both Smile
(2019-02-18, 12:36)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be an option to get to the extended info dialog from VideoInfoDialog? Maybe with an option to do this by default?

By now A:Z supports „only“ extended info from cast list and closes the VideoInfoDialog. So I could never come back to cast list from extended info.

Yes, there will be an option to automatically open extended info.

Also, the video info dialog can be navigated back to from extended info in this skin.
This skin can’t be released soon enough !!

Are you going to use the 3 home layouts from the original arctic or adding others 🤔

Thanks for all you do
(2019-02-18, 13:47)sasquatchjaques Wrote: [ -> ]This skin can’t be released soon enough !!

Are you going to use the 3 home layouts from the original arctic or adding others 🤔

Thanks for all you do

At the moment there is only one home layout, which is the simple horizontal home screen. Pressing up reveals the widget. Pressing down reveals the submenu hub. You can see these in the below screenshots. I'm probably also going to do a vertical home menu with a multi-widget layout. I don't want to do any more than two layouts because otherwise the code base starts getting too complex and hard to maintain.

Simple Home:

Pressing up reveals the widget:

Pressing down (or clicking the menu item if the option is set) reveals submenu hub:
I really like the vertical menu is it possible to add?Image
(2019-02-18, 14:59)Castilho Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the vertical menu is it possible to add?

I literally said in the post just above yours that the skin is most likely going to have a vertical home option.
That’s a good idea utilising hubs on down press rather then just a submenu - hubs were often under utilised but personal I’m a fan

The skin is looking Uber clean already I can’t wait to see the finished artcle
(2019-02-18, 11:23)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-18, 11:11)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Any plans detecting from a Infoscreen if Movie contains several disks? I have some music concerts that have multiple disks (and I have not merged those .MKV's). I have scraped those OK into current Kodi library (using A:Z skin).
 Why would you need to know the movies contains several disks, what do you gain from that? Surely you just need to know the length of the movie, the fact that its made up of several files is immaterial. 
 The usecase is actually Music concerts with multiple disks as tried to state Smile Nothing major, but still very useful info.

//timo
(2019-02-18, 15:40)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-18, 11:23)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-18, 11:11)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Any plans detecting from a Infoscreen if Movie contains several disks? I have some music concerts that have multiple disks (and I have not merged those .MKV's). I have scraped those OK into current Kodi library (using A:Z skin).
 Why would you need to know the movies contains several disks, what do you gain from that? Surely you just need to know the length of the movie, the fact that its made up of several files is immaterial.   
 The usecase is actually Music concerts with multiple disks as tried to state Smile Nothing major, but still very useful info. 
I get that you have releases with multiple discs, I just fail to see the importance of knowing its made up of multiple files in the skin, why is this "very useful info"? Seems a complete edge case and not worth the effort imo.
Had to make an account just to say how absolutely stunning these previews look. Cannot wait for a beta or for a GitHub release.

Been using AZ for a while now even on the Leia RC builds and this looks even better.
What is about touch support and 4:3 aspect for use on an iPad?

A:Z unfortunately does‘t support touch and 4:3.
(2019-02-18, 17:17)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]What is about touch support and 4:3 aspect for use on an iPad?

A:Z unfortunately does‘t support touch and 4:3.

Why oh why would you use it on iPad?
Cause I use Kodi on my iPad to play content everywhere in my house?

For now the only skin for multiple aspect is Estuary. But I would like to use A:Z on all of my Kodi instances.
(2019-02-18, 13:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-18, 12:36)loeffelpan Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be an option to get to the extended info dialog from VideoInfoDialog? Maybe with an option to do this by default?

By now A:Z supports „only“ extended info from cast list and closes the VideoInfoDialog. So I could never come back to cast list from extended info.

Yes, there will be an option to automatically open extended info.

Also, the video info dialog can be navigated back to from extended info in this skin.

Sounds nice, thanks.
Will there be all features of ExtendedInfo available (e. g. Trailers) like in native xml‘s?

In A:Z your „integrated“ xml‘s for ExtendedInfo doesn‘t provide all what is available in estuary with native ExtendedInfo dialogs.