Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-31, 09:58)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 09:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 02:48)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like the plot text below should be left-aligned rather than centered to be consistent with other plot elements in the skin (I also think it would just look better when scrolling through the library).

To clarify, the 'div' should still be centered, I just think the actual text should be left aligned

No, I strongly oppose this. Its fine the way it is now.     

A perfectly valid opinion. There is some precedent for what I'm saying though, have a look at similar views in some of Jurialmunkey's other skins (the original Arctic Zephyr, Aura, or indeed anywhere else in AZ2). The length of the plot text of every film is going to be different, it can look messy or less readable when each line is of a different length, more so if the last line happens to just be a word or two. 
There should rather be an option for the user to set the alignment to their own preference; I also like the way it looks centred.
(2019-03-31, 01:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey:

Can you add some icons for top250 and rotten tomatoes spilt?

I'm working on this mod:
https://imgur.com/a/XPOIqUb
This looks good. I'll add some of this functionality.

There should be a "rotten" icon already for movies under 59% (tomato splat icon). The spilt popcorn icon is for user ratings which I don't think are possible using skinhelper/omdb. Do you have some other way of getting the rt user rating? 
All those things are fine, but I really wish there was a way to locally store all those information that skin helper service grabs because everytime I load Kodi, the service takes about 10 seconds to load the ratings for each media item
(2019-03-31, 09:58)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 09:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 02:48)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like the plot text below should be left-aligned rather than centered to be consistent with other plot elements in the skin (I also think it would just look better when scrolling through the library).

To clarify, the 'div' should still be centered, I just think the actual text should be left aligned

No, I strongly oppose this. Its fine the way it is now.     

A perfectly valid opinion. There is some precedent for what I'm saying though, have a look at similar views in some of Jurialmunkey's other skins (the original Arctic Zephyr, Aura, or indeed anywhere else in AZ2). The length of the plot text of every film is going to be different, it can look messy or less readable when each line is of a different length, more so if the last line happens to just be a word or two. 

Actually, the point is, if the plot left or right aligned it will take away from the look of this unique view created by jurial. The only other option is to keep the plot justified.
(2019-03-31, 01:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 00:40)mega-samu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 00:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Not yet. Coming *very* soon. 
Ok and thank you very much, for this great skin. 

Please see latest release v0.9.20 
 It works correctly, thank you very much. Sorry for photo quality

Since the last two updates the names of the series appear duplicated to me in some views (Poster, List, Media Info and Media Info 2). With the movies this does not happen.
Can I change it in any settings option?

ImageImageImage
@jurialmunkey 

Found a bug i think? in the view below you cant access the context menu for an episode

This skin is still getting better by the day Smile
Thanks
Hey @jurialmunkey 
Even in the pre-release state this skin is amazing. I have used Arctic Zephyr ever since and now switched over to AZ2. Thank you for all the work!!!

I came across three usability issues. The first two have also been existing in the "old" AZ and I am rather unsure if the is the skin or my setup:

1. much is discussed about the movies and tv show sections, but what about an "apps" section. I could not find a solution for an app collection which neatlessly align with the rest of the skin. As I don't want to see all content of Kodi's program section, I mark the apps I would like to have under "apps" as favourites and renamed favourites to apps in the menu with the corresponding widget. However, this is not a 100% solution, as some apps don't want to start from the widget (e.g. spotify) and when I use the menu it looks different to the other menus (white overlay box). Do you have a suggestion how to configure this in a way it 100% integrates into the skin?

2. Description texts start scolling very quickly after the respective info screen is visible. Maybe it is only me, but I mostly have to wait until the text starts from its beginning again to read it completely. Is it possible to increase the pause for the scolling in the beginning?

3. Somehow my tvshows widget does not jup into the corresponding tvshow but always in the tvshow section instead. Is that intended to do so by the skin or only my possible false configuration?

Hopefully, I could make myself clear!? I am not a develper just a simple user...

Thanks for your support!
Is there a way to get small banners for tv shows again? It seems that a lot of view options seem to be missing. Also, can the white border around covers be removed?
Thank you.
(2019-03-31, 01:46)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 01:36)Sjors125 Wrote: [ -> ]What are the aura views, I see in the settings. (un)ticking them does not seem to have effect, or am I missing something?

jurial, did you see my post about the alignment of movies that have no year mentioned?

views included in aura skin   
I do unsterstand that, but clicking through the views I did not see many differences, but perhaps I should take a better look...

Edit: 
Am I correct it only swaps the position of the plot and the posters in the poster showcase and landscape showcase views? Isn't it just easier to add those views to the view list, instead of making it another option in the skin settings?

Edit 2: the repo is still at 0.9.19, where github already has 0.9.20.
Hola, hay opción de poner una imagen en el fondo del skin?

Gracias
(2019-03-31, 12:02)pi_medios Wrote: [ -> ]Since the last two updates the names of the series appear duplicated to me in some views (Poster, List, Media Info and Media Info 2). With the movies this does not happen.
Can I change it in any settings option?

Fixed in v0.9.20~alpha3
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...alpha3.zip
(2019-03-31, 10:28)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 01:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-31, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey:

Can you add some icons for top250 and rotten tomatoes spilt?

I'm working on this mod:
https://imgur.com/a/XPOIqUb
This looks good. I'll add some of this functionality.

There should be a "rotten" icon already for movies under 59% (tomato splat icon). The spilt popcorn icon is for user ratings which I don't think are possible using skinhelper/omdb. Do you have some other way of getting the rt user rating? 
All those things are fine, but I really wish there was a way to locally store all those information that skin helper service grabs because everytime I load Kodi, the service takes about 10 seconds to load the ratings for each media item

Do you have all 3 API keys added? With all three API keys, lookup is almost immediate on my system.
(2019-03-31, 12:51)Cartman255 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

Found a bug i think? in the view below you cant access the context menu for an episode

This skin is still getting better by the day Smile
Thanks

Yeah, I noticed this. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately. Kodi controls what is shown in the context menu, and unfortunately for dynamic lists it seems pretty limited.
Would it be possible to add a icon for files that have SDTV in there file name?
(2019-03-31, 16:13)FloKra Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @jurialmunkey 
Even in the pre-release state this skin is amazing. I have used Arctic Zephyr ever since and now switched over to AZ2. Thank you for all the work!!!

I came across three usability issues. The first two have also been existing in the "old" AZ and I am rather unsure if the is the skin or my setup:

1. much is discussed about the movies and tv show sections, but what about an "apps" section. I could not find a solution for an app collection which neatlessly align with the rest of the skin. As I don't want to see all content of Kodi's program section, I mark the apps I would like to have under "apps" as favourites and renamed favourites to apps in the menu with the corresponding widget. However, this is not a 100% solution, as some apps don't want to start from the widget (e.g. spotify) and when I use the menu it looks different to the other menus (white overlay box). Do you have a suggestion how to configure this in a way it 100% integrates into the skin?

2. Description texts start scolling very quickly after the respective info screen is visible. Maybe it is only me, but I mostly have to wait until the text starts from its beginning again to read it completely. Is it possible to increase the pause for the scolling in the beginning?

3. Somehow my tvshows widget does not jup into the corresponding tvshow but always in the tvshow section instead. Is that intended to do so by the skin or only my possible false configuration?

Hopefully, I could make myself clear!? I am not a develper just a simple user...

Thanks for your support!

1. See this post by olympus about using Library Node Editor to create custom nodes containing select addons
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2836563

2. In info screen you can press up to see the plot fullscreen. This will give complete control over plot scroll speed.

3. I've not experienced this issue. What is the widget that you are using?