Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I understand correctly the tract to kodi sync will sync whatever play count is highest either direction. So to stop it syncing watched status from trakt after marking as unwatched on Kodi, you must also open trakt webpage and mark as unwatched there at same time before sync runs again.

At least thats how I resolve such issue after my 2 year old marks things as watched that I have not yet Wink
It just seems odd that a dedicated Trakt addon can't do it when other Addons I use can; only I'd rather just do it from the Kodi Library.
I guess I'll just have to do it in the other addon which is a pain.
I'm still using 2.3.1, so I don't know if this has been addressed in 2.3.2

I watching a series that I have in DVD order (Transporter - The Series), I have made sure the <uniqueid> tag is in place with the correct TVDb episode id, in my NFOs. The episodes appear to scrobble correctly (that is to say the correct episode, using the episode id). However, when it comes to rating the episode, after I've watched it, it appears to use the season and episode number, rather than the episode id, thus rating the wrong (and potentially unwatched) episode.
(2014-11-01, 00:49)Theli93 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still using 2.3.1, so I don't know if this has been addressed in 2.3.2

I watching a series that I have in DVD order (Transporter - The Series), I have made sure the <uniqueid> tag is in place with the correct TVDb episode id, in my NFOs. The episodes appear to scrobble correctly (that is to say the correct episode, using the episode id). However, when it comes to rating the episode, after I've watched it, it appears to use the season and episode number, rather than the episode id, thus rating the wrong (and potentially unwatched) episode.

Just a thought as I saw the option to 'Update the Id during scrobbling' in the Scrobbling settings so maybe try that or de-select if already using it. Worth a shot if you haven't already.
beljim7419

It is currently active for both movies and tv shows. I'll try disabling it and testing later this evening.
It's off by default so hopefully it may fix your issue Smile
(2014-11-01, 01:05)beljim7419 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a thought as I saw the option to 'Update the Id during scrobbling' in the Scrobbling settings so maybe try that or de-select if already using it. Worth a shot if you haven't already.

Thank you beljim7419.
I deactivated the settings "Durring scrobbling, update ID for library movie if ID is missing" and "Durring scrobbling, update ID for library tv show if ID is missing". That appears to have resolved the issue. I watched Transporter - The Series, "Boom" ; which is DVD order 2x04. It did in fact scrobble and rate the same episode now, (Aired order) 2x02, which is the correct episode.

Two things:
  1. this would be a good cautionary note for others using DVD, Absolute or some other non-standard(custom) order.
  2. I would gather from this that, it is in fact looking up and using the ID based upon season and episode, regardless of whether the "ID is missing" or not. Something that should be investigated for correction.

Thank you again for your assistance.
thx for this addon!
I'm still having problems getting watched statuses from Trakt to Kodi. I have the same problem in 2.3.1 and 2.3.2.

Andrew
(2014-10-24, 17:29)scaredfool Wrote: [ -> ]Is anybody having success running this plugin on android? I've tried on both my Nexus 5 and FireTV with no luck at all. I've enterred my login information correctly but when I run the addon, nothing happens and there are no notifications. I'm using the version from Github on Gotham 13.2

Here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=326607

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this plugin is crucial to me and I'm trying to move over to an android box as soon as I can.

I was browsing the forum and didn't see a response to your question. I realize it's a late reply and hope you have already resolved your issue but just in case:

It's working on my Ouya (android) and I don't recall ever seeing anything about this before. With that said, I haven't ever done any real searching since it works for me so...

Again, hope it's already resolved.
I really much would like to see the possibility to add more folders that Trakt should ignore when scrobbling. Have only three fields now and want to add more. :-)
(2014-10-19, 14:12)thetaylor Wrote: [ -> ]For an official plugin all I get are issues! With a fresh install of XBMC it fails to synchronize the watched status for the whole collection. It stops at tv series starting B or C.

Does anyone else have these issues? I'm about to jump back to mediaportal its becoming that frustrating.

I'm having the exact same issue. Fresh install of XBMC. Trakt updates the watched status for TV shows up to D. The rest it just skips.
(2014-11-12, 11:00)niedermayer27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-19, 14:12)thetaylor Wrote: [ -> ]For an official plugin all I get are issues! With a fresh install of XBMC it fails to synchronize the watched status for the whole collection. It stops at tv series starting B or C.

Does anyone else have these issues? I'm about to jump back to mediaportal its becoming that frustrating.

I'm having the exact same issue. Fresh install of XBMC. Trakt updates the watched status for TV shows up to D. The rest it just skips.

Terrific. Out of interest my movies seemed to have sync'd across ok. Are yours the same?
I just installed the Trakt.tv addon into Gotham 13.2 on Windows.

It appears to do absolutely nothing. I added my UN/Password but it doesn't scrobble anything. There also doesn't appear to be any rating feature.

*Edit: After a restart of XBMC, the addon started to scrobble.
Am I missing something about sync? How do I set sync to ONLY sync Kodi->trakt? I've a show marked as watched at trakt. I'm re-watching it atm (ie marked as unwatched in Kodi). It seems no matter how I set sync settings the addon will mark episodes as watched in Kodi.