Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jurial, new OSD looks great! When listening to music, it disappears after ten seconds. Is there a way to keep it from doing this? (Yes, it looks that good!)
(2013-11-08, 05:50)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, new OSD looks great! When listening to music, it disappears after ten seconds. Is there a way to keep it from doing this? (Yes, it looks that good!)

press "i" (info button)
Should I be worried that the skin shows up broken in the repository? Does this mean it will stop updating?
(2013-11-08, 05:50)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-08, 05:50)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, new OSD looks great! When listening to music, it disappears after ten seconds. Is there a way to keep it from doing this? (Yes, it looks that good!)

press "i" (info button)

I did this, and it does stay up, but only for that song. When the next song starts, it goes away after ten seconds.
Add <songinfoduration> to your advancedsettings.xml

Quote:This controls how long the song information will remain onscreen when the song changes during visualisations. The valid range is "1" to "Indefinite (0)", in seconds. This does not include the duration of any transition effects.

<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration> should do the trik Wink

plus the info button 'i' will still work.
(2013-11-08, 07:14)Steveb Wrote: [ -> ]Add <songinfoduration> to your advancedsettings.xml

Quote:This controls how long the song information will remain onscreen when the song changes during visualisations. The valid range is "1" to "Indefinite (0)", in seconds. This does not include the duration of any transition effects.

<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration> should do the trik Wink

plus the info button 'i' will still work.

Legend. That worked, thanks mate.
love this skin !!!
I've 3 request (question) :
1 - I use artist info wall with fade cover. it seems to me the corner of artist image is not complelty white.
2 - is it possible to have local extrafanart in music visualization on background.
3 - a gotham version is it prepared?

thanks again for your work.
Ben
Excellent skin. I just came to find it thanks to Paul Salem's Big mod, and just wanted to thank you for all the hard work. It is truly awesome.
just want to add my love for this skin, ive been using it as default for a while now, and its great. But i wondered if I was missing something. When i change the theme in Appearance to Dark or Carbon Ocean etc, I cant see any difference, nothing seems to change. Is there something im missing or should i be doing something differently?
Hi,

First of all, this skin is amazing!!!

I would like to ask some questions though.

How can I adjust TV NEXT aired to show on the seasons overview of each show?
How can I use the TV NEXT aired in one of the home widgets like the one called spotlite etc.
How can I add a whole TV show as an favorite? Not an episode but the whole show so I can jump directly to the overview of that show.

Is it possible to jump to an alphabet letter while browsing trhough the media library?

And the last question, what is the correct approach to update the skin to a new version?

Hope I am posting these questions in the correct place.

Thank you in advance for the help and the great skin!
Not sure if this is a skin thing, or XBMC/PVR thing - but in the EPG is it possible to switch directly the channel without the info box popping up and having to press 'switch stream'. Ideally, I'd prefer it to switch on enter/return and info would give the popup with the option to record etc.
jurialmunkey, Awesome skin, congratulations. Nod
(2013-11-08, 18:27)Ferno Wrote: [ -> ]And the last question, what is the correct approach to update the skin to a new version?

If you install the skin repository linked in the first post, arctic should update automatically.
Anyone know if its possible to jump to a channel in the EPG Timeline instead of having to scroll?

Seems like you should be able to the number of that channel and the TimeLine EPG will jump directly to it.
(2013-11-08, 06:13)Tripp Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be worried that the skin shows up broken in the repository? Does this mean it will stop updating?
Strange, it shouldn't be marked as broken - I haven't changed any of the dependencies. I'll look into it.

(2013-11-08, 08:14)BenAtNVS Wrote: [ -> ]love this skin !!!
I've 3 request (question) :
1 - I use artist info wall with fade cover. it seems to me the corner of artist image is not complelty white.
2 - is it possible to have local extrafanart in music visualization on background.
3 - a gotham version is it prepared?
Thanks.

1. Good bug spotting. Fixed in latest git version.
2. If you go to Settings > Addons > Program Addons > Artist Slideshow. Click Configure then go to Slideshow and set the 'Local artist folder' to point to towards your music artwork dir. -- the extrafanart folder has to be inside the artist folder i.e. Artist/Extrafanart
3. Its on the cards but I wont start working on it until Gotham moves out of the Alpha stage as I don't really want to maintain two separate branches.

(2013-11-08, 10:35)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent skin. I just came to find it thanks to Paul Salem's Big mod, and just wanted to thank you for all the hard work. It is truly awesome.
Thanks Big Grin
I didn't even know about that mod - I'll have to check it out.

(2013-11-08, 18:07)d_hero Wrote: [ -> ]just want to add my love for this skin, ive been using it as default for a while now, and its great. But i wondered if I was missing something. When i change the theme in Appearance to Dark or Carbon Ocean etc, I cant see any difference, nothing seems to change. Is there something im missing or should i be doing something differently?
You have to change it to what you want then wait a couple of seconds for it to enable (don't press back or go to another menu).

(2013-11-08, 18:27)Ferno Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, this skin is amazing!!!

(1) How can I adjust TV NEXT aired to show on the seasons overview of each show?
(2) How can I use the TV NEXT aired in one of the home widgets like the one called spotlite etc.
(3) How can I add a whole TV show as an favorite? Not an episode but the whole show so I can jump directly to the overview of that show.
(4) Is it possible to jump to an alphabet letter while browsing trhough the media library?
Smile

1. The tv next aired info already shows in the top right of the screen for all levels of the tv library. I'm not sure what you mean by 'seasons overview'? Are you talking about when you press "i" on a season in the library?
2. You can't currently, but this is a good idea which I will look into implementing.
3. Find the tv show in your library and open the context menu ("c" on the keyboard) and select 'add to favourites'
4. If you use a remote it should be setup by default so that you can use the numeric keypad on the remote to jump to that letter in the library. If it doesn't work you will have to search the forums for info about JumpSMS. I'm not sure if it is possible without a remote.

(2013-11-08, 19:10)Scottland Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is a skin thing, or XBMC/PVR thing - but in the EPG is it possible to switch directly the channel without the info box popping up and having to press 'switch stream'. Ideally, I'd prefer it to switch on enter/return and info would give the popup with the option to record etc.
Its an xbmc thing. Add this to your advancedsettings.xml (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml for more info)
Code:
<pvr>
    <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

(2013-11-08, 19:11)PatOso Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, Awesome skin, congratulations. Nod
Thanks once again Wink

(2013-11-08, 22:49)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if its possible to jump to a channel in the EPG Timeline instead of having to scroll?

Seems like you should be able to the number of that channel and the TimeLine EPG will jump directly to it.
Yeah I've thought this in the past too but haven't found anything about a way to do it - it really should work in the same way that jumpsms does for the library etc. -- Luckily I don't have that many channels (only Aus Freeview so about 20 channels). You can use the Channel Up/Down buttons in the epg timeline to jump down a page - i.e. jump by 6 channels at a time. Unfortunately that's the best I can suggest currently.