Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-18, 20:17)rskadk Wrote: [ -> ]1) How to get that screen enabled by default when starting audio through airplay? (So i dont have to click "back")

2) The fanart displayed when playing music, is 2-5 different pictures no mather what music i play. The covers is okay. How can i get it to display fanart that match the currently playing music?
1. Its an xbmc thing, not really possible.
2. I think there is something wrong with the latest version of Artist Slideshow addon - I've noticed this too in the last few days.

Are you sure? When using the standard confluence skin, and starting to play a song through airplay. Then artist name and song is displayed in the right botton corner (Like yours is displayed in the left upper corner). After about 3-5min the visualization starts automatically.... (Covers the entire screen)
(2014-02-23, 16:11)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through 80 pages. I don't see any options for exit, shut down, hibernate, etc. do I have to add it? If so, how?

Press "S" on the keyboard to invoke the GUI Shutdown menu from anywhere in the interface. Alternatively on the Home screen, navigate to and click on the Power Button icon located at the right hand side of the Menu Bar to invoke the skin's Shutdown Menu.
@rskadk - I thought you meant immediately after you click play. Its an xbmc screensaver setting - appearance - screensaver - use vis if playing audio and set yr screensaver time
(2014-02-23, 20:00)GoogleRocks! Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-23, 16:11)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through 80 pages. I don't see any options for exit, shut down, hibernate, etc. do I have to add it? If so, how?

Press "S" on the keyboard to invoke the GUI Shutdown menu from anywhere in the interface. Alternatively on the Home screen, navigate to and click on the Power Button icon located at the right hand side of the Menu Bar to invoke the skin's Shutdown Menu.

The far right if the menu bar is a gear icon that only displays settings. It would be nice to have regular remote access to shut down rather than use a keyboard.
Enable it in customise home items in skin settings - home
Ah, wonderful found it thanks! Would be a minor improvement if that was enabled by default.
This is one of the most elegant skins I have used. I have previously used Aeon Nox and found that skin great also.

The only feature I would like to try and get working in Arctic is the jump forward +30, -30 / +60 -60 using the arrow keys on my Logitech Mini diNovo keyboard.
It was previously working in Aeon Nox.

Any help would be great.

Fantastic skin!

Cheers.
NOTICE

Due to some font licensing issues with the font I used from alaska which I was entirely unaware of, I've been forced to switch fonts. Roboto is very close stylistically so I've switched to that. With some modifying of the scale, aspect and baseline in fontforge I've been able to get a fairly similar feel out of the font. However, there are now some textboxes etc. where text is slightly cut off that need fixing. I've expunged the old font from git history etc. so I strongly recommend backing up the skin if you wish to update from git. I'm really sorry about this everyone - I had no idea when I started this skin that there were any license issues with the font from alaska that I was using. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pleased that my modifications to Roboto have been able to maintain the feel of the original font whilst insuring that there are no licensing issues.
Wow. Just wow. This skin is so unbelievably elegant and polished. So many views and so many options. None of the list views really do it for me though(They look kinda empty without fanart). Something like the File View(Huge poster, big textbox, ect) from Metropolis would be nice or maybe a tripanel.
Hi,

I recently downloaded this skin and have been impressed. Overall, it's the most polished skin I have seen to date; very clean, attractive and easy to use. With that said, I have some constructive criticism:
  1. Lack of Favorites category on Home screen:
    Favorites is currently buried under a sub-menu under the category of Addons. You can add a single favorite, but there is no option to add a menu category containing all Favorites. Basically, it would be nice to have the Favorites widget item moved to the Home screen.

2. More widget items needed:
    Could we have the option to manually add the following items to any widget: Exit, Reboot and Shutdown? This is especially handy for those using remotes that don't contain a command to access the Shutdown menu.

3. Weather added to Home screen for Panel view:
    The current weather and location is located in the bottom-left corner of the Home screen in Simple view but not in Panel view. This space is still available when Panel view is selected. Would it be possible to add the current weather and location to bottom-left or top-right of Panel view?

4. Replacing film Genre info with Director:
    Most views, including the OSD, include the movie's running time along with the film Genre. For most people, the genre of the film is likely less important than other information such as the who directed the movie. Is is possible to add the option to remove the Genre and replace it with the film's Director? There is already an option to select the Video and Audio information displayed in these situations.

5. Text on OSD could be larger:
    From 10 feet away on a 60' screen the time at the top and bottom of the OSD is very small and difficult to read. It would help to increase the font size slightly. Also, there is no indication of the time remaining, just the total running time and the time elapsed is shown.

6. Metadata Actors addon is buggy:
    This addon is not broken but has many quirks including text that is overlapped and back and forward commands that take the user to the wrong screen.

7. Weather section could use some color or different fonts:
    The Weather section is the most information dense and the monochrome fonts and small font size makes this section difficult to read. It could use some further adjustment.

Other than that, I am quite happy with what I see and hope that this skin makes it's way into regular rotation soon.

Thanks.
jurialmunkey:

My apologies if this has already been said elsewhere... I didn't review all 80 pages of the thread but I'll try later on.

I love your skin. Well done!

Issues I have regard XBMC Backup addon: 1) I can't seem to do a proper backup and restore of the skin. When I restore to an Android stick, it seems to forget settings or just boot to confluence. If I restore to Linux based XBMC, the icons for custom home items (press up in TV, movies, etc), all the icons are gone and it's just + with name below. 2) After restore to Linux XBMC, I can't connect to internet. If I click to connect to ethernet, nothing happens. And 3) mouse works in Android but not Linux or Windows, FYI.

If there's any assistance that could be provided, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
(2014-02-25, 07:48)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I recently downloaded this skin and have been impressed. Overall, it's the most polished skin I have seen to date; very clean, attractive and easy to use. With that said, I have some constructive criticism:
  1. Lack of Favorites category on Home screen:
    Favorites is currently buried under a sub-menu under the category of Addons. You can add a single favorite, but there is no option to add a menu category containing all Favorites. Basically, it would be nice to have the Favorites widget item moved to the Home screen.

2. More widget items needed:
    Could we have the option to manually add the following items to any widget: Exit, Reboot and Shutdown? This is especially handy for those using remotes that don't contain a command to access the Shutdown menu.

3. Weather added to Home screen for Panel view:
    The current weather and location is located in the bottom-left corner of the Home screen in Simple view but not in Panel view. This space is still available when Panel view is selected. Would it be possible to add the current weather and location to bottom-left or top-right of Panel view?

4. Replacing film Genre info with Director:
    Most views, including the OSD, include the movie's running time along with the film Genre. For most people, the genre of the film is likely less important than other information such as the who directed the movie. Is is possible to add the option to remove the Genre and replace it with the film's Director? There is already an option to select the Video and Audio information displayed in these situations.

5. Text on OSD could be larger:
    From 10 feet away on a 60' screen the time at the top and bottom of the OSD is very small and difficult to read. It would help to increase the font size slightly. Also, there is no indication of the time remaining, just the total running time and the time elapsed is shown.

6. Metadata Actors addon is buggy:
    This addon is not broken but has many quirks including text that is overlapped and back and forward commands that take the user to the wrong screen.

7. Weather section could use some color or different fonts:
    The Weather section is the most information dense and the monochrome fonts and small font size makes this section difficult to read. It could use some further adjustment.

Other than that, I am quite happy with what I see and hope that this skin makes it's way into regular rotation soon.

Thanks.

1. Its in the power menu -- you have to enable it with manage custom home items. Also you can add any action to the main menu by using "custom" from the selection panel of items to choose from. For instance, a favourites menu item can be added by setting the path as ActivateWindow(favourites)

Here's a list of built in actions you can use: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions
And window names for ActivateWindow: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

2. See answer for number 1 -- either enable the power menu or add them as custom items by setting the path to, for example, Shutdown

3. Already planned

4. Not adding any more options, there are already too many as it is.

5. At the top of the screen the clock with the arrow shows the finish time.

6. Metadata actors works fine for me. Are you using the Black's modified version that is linked to in the first post - the skin specifically requires that version for it to work properly.
Unless I have missed something, I can't find Artic in the dev skin repo. Is GitHub the only way to update these days?
Hi Jurial,

I want to make suggestion how you could display the duration of a movie in Info Wall view.
There is this view called Cover Info in the music library. The artists name is displayed with an overlay on the artist thumb. Would that be possible in the Info Wall view? To have an overlay at the bottom of the fanart to display the duration?
That would make the skin perfectBig Grin

Nice new font btw.

Keep it up!
(2014-02-26, 14:47)dalben Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I have missed something, I can't find Artic in the dev skin repo. Is GitHub the only way to update these days?

it's been removed while jurial works out the font issues.