Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank your big time dude! That's what I was searching forBig Grin
I have a doubt if i try update skin from git, the archive .zip reported errors on extract all files and can´t install.
Hello !

I tried to install the latest version from github but I can't install the zip file Sad

I get the following error:
add-on does not have the correct structure

I tried to uninstall the previous version of the skin and now I can't find it anywhere anymore in the repo's either !
Since I really LOVE this skin I would like to know HOW to install it, is there currently a way ?

thanks,

edd--
(2014-02-28, 23:36)mikkelnl Wrote: [ -> ]Same here, tried OE nightly a few days back: same issue with the reboot-loop when Arctic was enabled... Wink A fix would be awesome, cause I'd like to use Gotham Smile

Same problem here. Had to downgrade to Frodo, so get openelec to boot proberly again...

I could see the first white loading screen (Arctic loading screen), after about 15sec, it reboots to the xbmc loading screen (Black one). And then the process repeat itself forever..
(2014-03-02, 17:33)rskadk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-28, 23:36)mikkelnl Wrote: [ -> ]Same here, tried OE nightly a few days back: same issue with the reboot-loop when Arctic was enabled... Wink A fix would be awesome, cause I'd like to use Gotham Smile

Same problem here. Had to downgrade to Frodo, so get openelec to boot proberly again...

I could see the first white loading screen (Arctic loading screen), after about 15sec, it reboots to the xbmc loading screen (Black one). And then the process repeat itself forever..
Yep, sounds the same Wink

I'd like to run the nightly gotham build, but still use Arctic... Smile Maybe someone will fix it soon, I tried the logs but as said before; nothing usefull I think...
(2014-03-02, 12:43)edd-- Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

I tried to install the latest version from github but I can't install the zip file Sad

I tried to uninstall the previous version of the skin and now I can't find it anywhere anymore in the repo's either !
Since I really LOVE this skin I would like to know HOW to install it, is there currently a way ?

thanks,

edd--

Getting the same error here - thought it was just me!
(2014-03-02, 20:31)WhiteHartMart Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-02, 12:43)edd-- Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

thanks,

edd--

Getting the same error here - thought it was just me!

you can't use the install addon function from zip when installing from git. you need to extract it to your addons folder and restart xbmc.
Thank you - noob mistake Tongue
But the thing is the .zip doen´t extract.
(2014-03-03, 17:28)Riksa Wrote: [ -> ]But the thing is the .zip doen´t extract.

I'm not familiar with OE myself, so I can't validate. However, ensure XBMC is not running, download a fresh copy of skin.arctic.master.zip from git. Open the zip file and navigate into the skin.arctic.master folder and without extracting it, just copy all files and folders below skin.arctic.master folder. Next, if it does not already exist, create a folder @ ...XBMC\addons\skin.arctic and paste the copied folders and files to this directory. If you have a skin.arctic.master folder, go ahead and delete it, ensuring you only have the new ...XBMC\addons\skin.arctic folder structure. Start XBMC and enable Arctic in Settings->Appearance->Skin select Arctic.

HTH, but like I said, I don't use OE.
Ok but windows explorer cannot open this .zip, also tried 7-zip and peazip.
Maybe someone who are more confortable with pull from github, and tell us if it works just to be sure.
You're right. I just downloaded current file from git and tried to open it - "File is Invalid " is the error message returned from Windows File Explorer. I pull from many Github projects and haven't seen this before, obviously the current file is corrupt.

jurialmunkey will need to re-generate the zip file on Git.
You can also clone github repo to addon folder..
NOTICE

RE: reboot loop. Currently I'm really busy with uni so unfortunately I don't have the time to go hunting down the issue with the reboot loop, especially as it doesn't happen on my machine and I don't use openelec (I use linux but not openelec). If someone figures out what the issue is, please post the fix and I'll gladly make the changes on git.

RE: zip file on github. These are generated automatically by github, so I'm not really sure what is going here. I just made a minor modification to the changelog file to hopefully trigger the zip being regenerated. Also note that github zips are *NOT* xbmc addon zips and must be extracted to the addons folder of xbmc --- *NOT* by installing from zip inside xbmc.

RE: fonts. I currently recommended keeping a backup of the old fonts and the 1080i/Fonts.xml and replacing the new ones with these until I find the time to tweak the new fonts properly.

RE: Further development Also, as my time is limited, I've decided that this is a good point to stop further development on this version of Arctic. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning Arctic. This is just so I can focus my limited skinning time on finishing eminence AND beginning work on mk.iii of Arctic which will be rewritten entirely from the ground up. This is something that has needed doing for a long time as the code base is getting extremely out of hand and the more I add to this skin the bigger a hole I'm digging myself into. -- Arctic mk.ii has been a good test bed for what features I want to include and I feel like I now have a good solid vision for how I want mk.iii to be. It will be many months until release, but will be coded with the intent of being main repository ready (after some bug testing) upon release.

I will still drop in here to offer support and if any one has bug fixes etc. please either post them here or (even better) as a pull request on github and I will gladly include them.
(2014-03-03, 21:38)GoogleRocks! Wrote: [ -> ]You're right. I just downloaded current file from git and tried to open it - "File is Invalid " is the error message returned from Windows File Explorer. I pull from many Github projects and haven't seen this before, obviously the current file is corrupt.

jurialmunkey will need to re-generate the zip file on Git.

Try with arctic big from Paul salem, https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.arctic.big

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.arctic...master.zip

It has all the features that arctic has, and it includes a new fontset with big fonts for small tvs.