Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ahh, so we are talking only about pvr,dsp,screensaver, visualization and audio en- &decoders... vnsi is than okay. for the audio stuff i will see escpecially for lame/mp3.
Fritsch nice to see u back! I only use fritsch builds on my beebox since i got it. Can someone check i TvHeadend channel groups are available? And in latest build Version 3.0 from pvr.hts: error loading dll.
(2016-01-21, 21:14)aesthetiker Wrote: [ -> ]Fritsch nice to see u back! I only use fritsch builds on my beebox since i got it. Can someone check i TvHeadend channel groups are available? And in latest build Version 3.0 from pvr.hts: error loading dll.

API bump - hts needs to be fixed -> report on github.
fritsch, i am not sure if that is a problem only on my site but 2 days before i was able to build your krypton repo without any issue but from today ftgl throws me an error on conftest. i had this error already with your jarvis branch and i was not able to get the source of my problem. you switched to oe7 and krypton branch. problem gone until today. i had never this issue with official OE repo. but if i force to build ftgl i have the same error. i could reduced the problem . it seems that the --host param seems not resolved. it is set somewhere in the scripts. my build system is fedora 32 bit based. so actually i am cross compiling. in ftgl cmake patches i could insert --host=i686 for configure and ftgl was building successful. compiled libraries seems to be 64 bit.
last but not least. debug log ;-) :

http://pastebin.com/uBDdEwUF

but maybe i am also lost in space and have a different problem...

edit: here with --host: http://pastebin.com/f9n028tj

edit2: kodi-platform seems to be have also a problem. it tries to copy compiled binaries to usr/lib64... but it cant because it is a link to usr/lib. i think populating dirs will fail.
(2016-01-22, 00:35)the-dreamer Wrote: [ -> ]fritsch, i am not sure if that is a problem only on my site but 2 days before i was able to build your krypton repo without any issue but from today ftgl throws me an error on conftest. i had this error already with your jarvis branch and i was not able to get the source of my problem. you switched to oe7 and krypton branch. problem gone until today. i had never this issue with official OE repo. but if i force to build ftgl i have the same error. i could reduced the problem . it seems that the --host param seems not resolved. it is set somewhere in the scripts. my build system is fedora 32 bit based. so actually i am cross compiling. in ftgl cmake patches i could insert --host=i686 for configure and ftgl was building successful. compiled libraries seems to be 64 bit.
last but not least. debug log ;-) :

http://pastebin.com/uBDdEwUF

but maybe i am also lost in space and have a different problem...

edit: here with --host: http://pastebin.com/f9n028tj

edit2: kodi-platform seems to be have also a problem. it tries to copy compiled binaries to usr/lib64... but it cant because it is a link to usr/lib. i think populating dirs will fail.

Sorry - no idea. My build environment changes are not existing :-) - so no idea why it happens with my fork.
after a git clean -x -d -f libcec will also failing :-(

Quote:BUILD libcec (target)
CMake Error at src/cec-client/CMakeLists.txt:21 (find_package):
By not providing "Findplatform.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "platform",
but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "platform" with any
of the following names:

platformConfig.cmake
platform-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "platform" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"platform_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"platform" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/opt/openelec/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-devel/libcec-3.0.1/.x86_64-openelec-linux-gnu/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

edit: for this i see a pr in OE repo # #4581
New build up with an immense step forward for passthrough users.

Fernet has implemented IEC pause bursts!
(2016-01-22, 11:18)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]New build up with an immense step forward for passthrough users.

Very Cool, but I have to wait till pvr.hts add-on will work again ... or my wife's gonna kill me Big Grin ...

Will try it very soon Smile
(2016-01-22, 12:40)Engelsen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-22, 11:18)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]New build up with an immense step forward for passthrough users.

Very Cool, but I have to wait till pvr.hts add-on will work again ... or my wife's gonna kill me Big Grin ...

Will try it very soon Smile

Yeah - tell that on the linked github report :-)
I don't have a clue what that means but I shall go back to pass through and try it out
Yeah - regression testing would be nice.
Nce! I will give the passthrough some thorugh testing on my NUC.

You do any 4k testing fritsch? Strange issue when running 4k GUI.
No - currently I do android and 4k GUI is not suggested :-)
Tried to do passthrough and Kodi just crashes while trying to start a movie.

crashlog:
http://sprunge.us/DGDi

Kids are watching a movie with passthrough turned off so I can try to turn debug on later today hopefully and get more logs.