Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cant' wait! Smile
Update
  • Support for Random Movie script.
  • Option to use Favourites instead of Smart Playlists.
  • Minor bug fixes.

I saw some feedback on the forum regarding the use of favourites instead of smart playlists, and I thought that as favourites allow more flexibility (you can add a movie, album,add-on, program, playlist, smart playlist, etc.) I should add an option to use them on the sub menus instead of smart playlists.

As for the Random Movie script support, you need to install first the script from el_Paraguayo.
You can find it on the following thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108940

Download the script corresponding to your version, Dharma or Eden, and place the script.randommovie folder on your add-on folder.

I did not have time to fully test all the changes, so please report any feedback or bug as usual.

Favourites instead of Smart Playlists.

Random Movie script

Fantastic update!
Will test and report back any findings Smile
(2012-06-29, 07:27)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All. Thanks Paul and Sabish on your continued effort to keep this skin alive. I have always loved this skin, but a few mods/issues always kept me from using it 100%. Please allow me to offer a few small suggestions for the new and improved reFocus reLoaded (good name btw)...

Please add an option to include Galefury's side by side banner view (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102127). Also, if possible to change the selected show from the white border to the "pop out" look of the thumbnails viewtype. I always have difficulty seeing which show is selected... especially against the beautiful white realaska theme.

I currently have my TV library scraped using the default options which are now banners instead of posters (unless you select "prefer posters" from the scrape menu of course). This causes the problem of reFocus using the default thumbnail for all views whether they are designed for banners or posters. For example, if I'm in the banner view and bring up the information screen, it will show a banner squished into the size of a poster. I'm not sure how difficult this is to implement, but can an option be set to "use poster.jpg in poster views" and "use banner.jpg" in banner views" that will pull the files from the show folders?

Paul, I know that you posted the "back-to-home_fix" and I do prefer this option as I think most do, but with this mod you lose the filtering options (Genres, Year, Actors etc...). Is there a way to keep backspace going directly to home menu, but also add the filtering options? I'm not exactly sure what options there are except for hitting left on the tv show screen and having the menu in there (but during kiosk mode this would be inaccessible) or possibly setting up another button to go there? Any ideas?

Thanks again..
kk

Hi Paul, have you had a chance to look over these issues? Thank you very much for the "back-to-home" option. Much appreciated. Any chance at having the banners/posters implemented and galefury's side by side banner view?

Thanks,
kk
(2012-07-24, 19:31)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]@Pat
Sadly not possible, these are xbmc build in functions by calling the context menu.

no, it is possible to add buttons to the context menu list by adding button controls to grouplist with id 996 in dialogcontextmenu.xml.

In Nox we added a "Search on youtube" button for example which shows up for artists, albums and some more.

works like this:

Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="996">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>462</width>
            <height max="1080">auto</height>
            <itemgap>0</itemgap>
            <control type="button" id="2007">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <height>58</height>
                <width>462</width>
                <textcolor>context</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>FFdfdfdf</focusedcolor>
                <texturenofocus>dialogs/context_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus>dialogs/shutdown_focus.png</texturefocus>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorDiffuseVar]</colordiffuse>
                <align>center</align>
                <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                <textoffsety>12</textoffsety>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[31096]</label>
                <visible>Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(songs) | Container.Content(actors) | Container.Content(directors)</visible>
                <onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[ListItem.Label],return)</onclick>
            </control>
        </control>
@phil65
Wow ... Thanx phil, didn't knew that ... so you're saying you can add any kind of buttons in dialogcontextmenu.xml ?

Going to delete/edit my post ...

@Pat
apologies for posting such a crap Smile
(2012-07-25, 09:17)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65
Wow ... Thanx phil, didn't knew that ... so you're saying you can add any kind of buttons in dialogcontextmenu.xml ?

Going to delete/edit my post ...

@Pat
apologies for posting such a crap Smile

in principle yes, but doesn´t work out 100% in movies section since the buttons will also be displayed when the "Play from beginning" / "Play from 04:55 dialog" appears. would be nicer to hide it for that specific case, perhaps Integergreaterthan(container().numitems,3) or some stringcompare stuff could solve that, didn´t try.
@Phil That's an incredible find, thanks very much for posting this Smile

@butch Big Grin I'm sure you're forgiven, it's still seems that its not an easy option to implament, and Its not very often you are wrong to be fair Wink

Soo..
@paul
What's the likely hood of this code beng used to add the "play random movie" and "play random genre" from the movie context menu.

That would be a fantastic place for it to be overall Big Grin
@paul
Small bug when using the random button in movie information.

When selecting the random button, you are prompted with the "watched/unmatched" status, then you are asked for genre... All this works,fine until the movie starts.

Once the movie starts I get a corrupt movie info screen (very transparent) which sits on top of the movie playing.
Once I back out of this and then press "info" to display the current movie me movie posters are way out of wack, and in some cases not even close to the location they should be...

I've added a few screen shot (2mins just moving to a pc) for you to see what I mean Smile

edit:
Do you intend to support advanced launcher?
thx for this skin!
really nice!
cheers
could you make the date white? at the home menu it often clashes or disappears completely if the fanart is blueish.
(2012-07-25, 12:11)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Do you intend to support advanced launcher?
thx for this skin!
really nice!
cheers

Advanced launcher works for me with this skin.
Yes indeed...
I meant with the different views and everything!
Cheer
(2012-07-25, 05:57)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul, have you had a chance to look over these issues? Thank you very much for the "back-to-home" option. Much appreciated. Any chance at having the banners/posters implemented and galefury's side by side banner view?

Thanks,
kk

Sorry, I was focused on other fixes and features. I will eventually add the galefury's side by side banner view.
As for the issues you're having with banners and posters, I would suggest that you set your scrapper to use posters by default, and then rename your banners to banner.jpg setting the option in the skin to use locally stored banners.

(2012-07-25, 11:19)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]@paul
Small bug when using the random button in movie information.

When selecting the random button, you are prompted with the "watched/unmatched" status, then you are asked for genre... All this works,fine until the movie starts.

Once the movie starts I get a corrupt movie info screen (very transparent) which sits on top of the movie playing.
Once I back out of this and then press "info" to display the current movie me movie posters are way out of wack, and in some cases not even close to the location they should be...

I have just fixed it on git. Thanks for reporting Pat.
I have also implemented the option to play random movie and genre from movie context menu.

(2012-07-25, 12:11)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Do you intend to support advanced launcher?
thx for this skin!
really nice!
cheers

Sure, I will look into it.

(2012-07-25, 12:19)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]could you make the date white? at the home menu it often clashes or disappears completely if the fanart is blueish.

Definitely, I have just added an option to set the date to white on the home menu.

I am about to upload a new version with all these changes, and a few minor bugs that I have found out in the process.
Thanks Paul. This great skin keeps getting better and better Smile . Just tried the random movie thing and I looove it.