Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found another small bug: in ViewList.xml, the new code for the single row list view uses <posy>50</posy> for vertically positioning the watched indicator. This, though, shifts the indicator one row too low. The correct value should be 12.
Hi. Awesome skin. Only thing missing is Rom Collection Browser refocus skin Tongue
Hi I am not sure what has changed in recent updates but for some reason, with my most recent reformating and install of Refocus Big, the watched indicators no longer work. I have alternative watched indicators and media overlays enabled, and for some reason, when browsing videos the indicators do not show up. Oddly enough, in list view the watched indicator will appear only for what ever item is in focus but nothing else, that only happens in list view though not in any other. Thank you for any help you may offer!

Edit: It is probably worth mentioning I am on Eden RC2 because of a glitch where a disconnected 360 controller crashes XBMC Eden that is not present in RC2. I would use Frodo but right now advanced launcher does not work correctly with Frodo, no emulators have sound as long as XBMC Frodo is running. The watched Indicators worked correctly though with Eden RC2 before I did a reinstall of my operating system and the like, so it should not be my version of XBMC causing the problem.

Edit2: For anyone else that stumbles into this problem, I found a simple in program fix. Under View settings, uncheck use alternate watch icons and select all of the options to use icons for tv shows, files, etc.... then you can enable use alternative watched icons and they will appear.
I switched to this skin from realaskadark, very impressed, using the fabric theme which adds a bit of texture to backgrounds vs realaskadark.

Some observations:
1. Fabric and metal theme names are swapped
2. On atv2 there is still a noticeable delay when selecting movies screen from home menu (vs. realaskadark)
3. Weather widget has vertical opacity (i.e. fades right to left) whereas other menus fade from centre. I personally prefer vertical
4. Menus without widgets do not have opacity overlays, which looks a bit weird as you step through menus
5. Would be cool if you could choose which menus used widgets, I have no use for recently viewed widgets but the weather widget is cool
6. The quartz skin allowed you to set addons as favourites and then include them on the 'shelf', which is the equivalent of your widgets I think. It would be great if could do the same on this skin too, i.e. I've set iplayer as a favourite and it appears under videos menu but would be cool if displayed in video widget
7. The zip file is huge compared to other realaskadark, I guess this is the extra themes, etc

Cheers
Does this skin have a repoHuh
NO
Is there a logoff function on this skin? I have two profiles setup and dont see an option to switch profiles anywhere on this skin?
hi, I've been a big fan of refocus for a very long time and tested refocus big yesterday. first impression was it's taken a very good skin and made it better Smile i do have a few issues though, someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

OS is Win 7 using Frodo5 build (also tested Frodo6) with refocus 8.3.1

issues

1. when nipping from menu to menu i sometimes get a black screen with a delay for about 3-5 seconds..... unsure why this is, as i've never experienced it before
2. when in the tv shows screen and on the gallery view when you navigate from cover to cover it doesn't seem to transition right like it does in refocus

thanks for any help in advance...
Thanks for all the feedback.

I am currently quite busy with work, and still abroad so I will not have time to push any update or to fix the reported bugs for the time being.
I have just accepted a merge request from hegem0n so the git repo should have some updates.

I just took a quick look and I can see the watched overlays fine from here on all views.
The black screen for several seconds that some people noticed has to do with the search fading animation on the home menu.
I will look into it and add the other reported fixes whenever I have some time.

As for the feedback regarding the widgets sections, I might add some of the suggestions, I just need the time to do it Smile

Thanks again.
Paul
No worries Paul. You have already made a lot in improving reFocus. I love BIG more with every update.
I'd like to request a cover view on the home screen on the right side that shows the cover and thus the title of the current visible movie background while using the diashow of movie backgrounds setting.
(2012-10-05, 11:12)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the feedback.

I am currently quite busy with work, and still abroad so I will not have time to push any update or to fix the reported bugs for the time being.
I have just accepted a merge request from hegem0n so the git repo should have some updates.

I just took a quick look and I can see the watched overlays fine from here on all views.
The black screen for several seconds that some people noticed has to do with the search fading animation on the home menu.
I will look into it and add the other reported fixes whenever I have some time.

As for the feedback regarding the widgets sections, I might add some of the suggestions, I just need the time to do it Smile

Thanks again.
Paul

Hey Paul, I dont have any problem with black screens or anything. The home animations are superb. Excellent job. This is the best skin i have tried, at least the one I like the most Smile . Its even faster than the original on my machine.
I also like the idea of the cover image on the home screen while playing video in background.

Thanks for the great skin, I love it! Though I'm having a couple of issues, I hope there's some way around them..

1) The weather text on the home screen. I use the 'Oz Weather' addon and it works well, however the menu text is too long, it shows "32c in west end, qld, 4101" which goes on top of the home screen widgets and looks ugly :/ Is there any way to change this text to perhaps just the temperature?

2) The OSD / Paused Screen seems to be larger than the display so most of it is cut off. I did have to adjust the system / video calibration to account for overscan so this may be the issue, but everything else is displayed correctly. It seems to be the same no matter which OSD option I choose (Tried reAlaska and xperience1080) - Edit: I'm not sure what I changed but this now works Smile

3) Android Remote - On other skins pressing the center 'select' button would bring up the OSD, in this skin it brings up the (pretty much useless) option to change size of the video (normal, zoom, stetch, etc) any way to change this?

Thanks! I love you all. Cool
First: Huge thanks for the skin! Big Grin

Could you please create two flag icons "Blu-Ray" (for stubs) and "3D" that would fit next to the audio/video flags, e.g. in the slideshow movie view? In case somebody cares, I've added placeholders next to the current flags in IncludesFlags.xml to search the filename for ".3d" and ".disc" and show the appropriate flags:

Code:
<control type="image">
                <width>73</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                <texture>flags/3d.png</texture>
                <visible>SubString(ListItem.FileName,.3d)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <texture>flags/studios/Blu-Ray.png</texture>
                <visible>SubString(ListItem.FileName,.disc)</visible>
            </control>

I can't come up with icons that fit the other flags, mainly because I don't know the font of the "5.1" flag, for example. Confused
(2012-10-08, 20:30)anteevy Wrote: [ -> ]First: Huge thanks for the skin! Big Grin

Could you please create two flag icons "Blu-Ray" (for stubs) and "3D" that would fit next to the audio/video flags, e.g. in the slideshow movie view? In case somebody cares, I've added placeholders next to the current flags in IncludesFlags.xml to search the filename for ".3d" and ".disc" and show the appropriate flags:

Code:
<control type="image">
                <width>73</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <texture>flags/3d.png</texture>
                <visible>SubString(ListItem.FileName,.3d)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <texture>flags/studios/Blu-Ray.png</texture>
                <visible>SubString(ListItem.FileName,.disc)</visible>
            </control>

I can't come up with icons that fit the other flags, mainly because I don't know the font of the "5.1" flag, for example. Confused

I think 'source' flags would be a really good improvement, as a replacement to the video codec flag. I'm more interested in and understand better the icon for BluRay, DVD, HDTV etc. and, more importantly imo, I think the 'lay' user does too. If we could get some matching 'source' flags that would be great.