Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-02, 22:33)drc13 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one with the delay problem?

(2012-10-05, 11:12)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]The black screen for several seconds that some people noticed has to do with the search fading animation on the home menu.
I will look into it and add the other reported fixes whenever I have some time.

I had the same problem until I searched this thread and found that comment by Paul which prompted me to enable the 'remove animations on widgets' setting in the skin menu (you have to enable widgets to expose the setting).
(2012-11-02, 23:58)Ely51um Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-02, 22:33)drc13 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one with the delay problem?

(2012-10-05, 11:12)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]The black screen for several seconds that some people noticed has to do with the search fading animation on the home menu.
I will look into it and add the other reported fixes whenever I have some time.

I had the same problem until I searched this thread and found that comment by Paul which prompted me to enable the 'remove animations on widgets' setting in the skin menu (you have to enable widgets to expose the setting).

Just gave that a quick test and it seems to have fixed it up straight away. Thanks heaps mate now I can really enjoy this skin!

Edit: Ok nearly there. With the widgets enabled I now have "latest episodes" etc on my homescreen. I actually don't want these as some of the thumbnails are spoilers for shows I haven't watched yet. Is there a way to disable this function whilst leaving widgets enabled to prevent the delay? cheers
(2012-11-03, 00:12)drc13 Wrote: [ -> ]With the widgets enabled I now have "latest episodes" etc on my homescreen. I actually don't want these as some of the thumbnails are spoilers for shows I haven't watched yet. Is there a way to disable this function whilst leaving widgets enabled to prevent the delay? cheers

I personally use widgets, but after testing it seems that the remove animations option is still in effect even after disabling the use of widgets. So it appears that one can enable widgets, then 'remove animations on widgets', and then disable widgets again which should still leave the search animation disabled.

(2012-11-03, 05:53)Ely51um Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-03, 00:12)drc13 Wrote: [ -> ]With the widgets enabled I now have "latest episodes" etc on my homescreen. I actually don't want these as some of the thumbnails are spoilers for shows I haven't watched yet. Is there a way to disable this function whilst leaving widgets enabled to prevent the delay? cheers

I personally use widgets, but after testing it seems that the remove animations option is still in effect even after disabling the use of widgets. So it appears that one can enable widgets, then 'remove animations on widgets', and then disable widgets again which should still leave the search animation disabled.

Once again you've saved me! thanks again working a treat.
on the topic of that search button(?) at the top, can you disable/eliminate it somehow?
Hi, I have a problem with reFocus on ATV2. I don't know how to change movies' display mode. I want to use "slide" view (with posters). There's no way to change it using apple remote. I changed it on my mac without any problem, but on atv2 this menu simply doesn't appear. I have "gallery" view by default (with fanart). Please help

-------
edit

solved Big Grin

I've turned off virtual keyboard & kiosk view ....and then finally I could change the view Cool
It appears this mod is highly buggy. Which is a shame, because it offers some pretty handy features...

After using it for a while, the animations are all 'out of sync' with the original skin, half the toggles don't work....
The search text and arrow on home screen just blatantly shouldn't be there and serve no purpose.
There's been a loading screen added at start up which baffles me as to why one would intentionally make a skin take
longer to load, just to cater for features that dramatically take away from the simplicity and usability of the skin.

Refocus is quickly becoming out dated and starting to lack basic features for frodo... We really need jeroen to chime in and update his skin to feature everything from frodo.

In the latest nightly the osd for adding new content to library has disappeared...

As much as I hate it, I have to start using a different skin untill refocus is updated.

:-(

EDIT*
After saying that I just realised that jeroen has submitted changes for frodo to gutgub. Will have to check it out soon
(2012-11-03, 17:28)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]In the latest nightly the osd for adding new content to library has disappeared...

As much as I hate it, I have to start using a different skin untill refocus is updated.

The library updates dialog.seems to be broken on pretty much all skins other than Confluence as they've made some changes that skins need to catch up with. Hopefully now we're on feature freeze we'll see more skins being updated for Frodo...
I just finished the integration of the skin widgets on frodo's version, main branch of the github repo.

I also fixed the notifications. I will continue making changes but my time is still pretty limited.
(2012-11-04, 01:37)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I just finished the integration of the skin widgets on frodo's version, main branch of the github repo.

I also fixed the notifications. I will continue making changes but my time is still pretty limited.

Thanks Paul!. Latest changes work great in the nightlies.
(2012-11-03, 11:41)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]on the topic of that search button(?) at the top, can you disable/eliminate it somehow?

Yup. You can remove all extra animations on the home menu, including the search label, by selecting the Remove Animations option on the skin settings.
How about "latest movies" and "latest tv shows" widget? Are these working for anybody running Frodo? They are not updating properly for me.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's by design: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132867

Basically, date added is taken from the file's modification time instead of when you actually add a movie to your library. Can be changed in advancedsettings.xml with dateadded.
(2012-11-04, 04:10)kyotocafe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-03, 11:41)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]on the topic of that search button(?) at the top, can you disable/eliminate it somehow?

Yup. You can remove all extra animations on the home menu, including the search label, by selecting the Remove Animations option on the skin settings.

yeah, but the arrow is still there i believe.
Yes, that's correct. The arrow will be gone too as well as all the other extra animations and search word, etc, by selecting the following option:

I have been fixing too the watched indicators, they should be working fine now.

Besides, you can now choose big watched overlays, this is refocus "big" after all,

Big ones,

or the normal ones,

Sorry, I'm a noob. How do you go about getting the latest version?

Edit: Just saw this. Does that mean the only way to get new fixes, like the watch indicator, is to upgrade to Frodo?