Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-08, 09:44)scottyten Wrote: [ -> ]Still having the dependencies not met error, have tried heaps of combinations and currently using alpha 7's with a zip downloaded from git and still have no luck. How do I fix this?

Refocus original works fine.

You're missing the required add-ons versions.
As the frodo's repo is not yet ready, the addons are not imported automatically. You will need to install them manually first.
I'd unzip the file on your addons xbmc folder.
Either that, or editing the addon.xml file on the root folder of the skin zip file,
by removing all the import addon lines at the beginning.
In any case, you might find unexpected behavior as you are missing some of the required dependencies.

(2012-11-08, 06:25)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-08, 05:51)Crimzin Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm, ok i've never had this problem before ever when using this skin. Updated to the latest (as far as i can tell) git version for Eden and.....i have no 'Skin' options in Settings..at all. Everything else is there except i can't taylor the skin at all. What blindingly obvious thing have i missed? :o/

The latest version for Eden is v083.1. Anything on the main branch on git is for Frodo. In Frodo, the skins are customized through the appearance setting, so there's a good chance that if you're running the latest git on Eden, you won't be able to find the settings because it can't find them. Either update to Frodo Alpha7 and use latest git, or drop down to 083.1 on Eden. I have tried running various Frodo versions over the past few months and none of my "go to" skins are running well, including reFocus BIG, and I'm running a monster HTPC (i5 3450s). The only skin that seems to run flawlessly for me in Frodo seems to be confluence.

btw....
Is there a way to have smart video playlists show on the main menu and not just under the "video" menu? I'm looking for something like this under the main menu ..... I'm using v083.1 on Eden.

Movies
TV Shows <------- this would not contain ANY cartoons. So would be based on "not" a folder location.
Cartoons <------- this would be based on a folder location

Thanks for everyone who helps improve this skin. It really is the absolute best on xbmc.

Latest git version of big works quite fine here, except for live tv, which seems to be broken.

If you want to have playlists on the main menu you will to add them manually on the xml files. That would be a really nice feature though.

(2012-11-08, 09:44)scottyten Wrote: [ -> ]Still having the dependencies not met error, have tried heaps of combinations and currently using alpha 7's with a zip downloaded from git and still have no luck. How do I fix this?

This is what i did before installing lastest commit of refocus big in master branch on openelec frodo alpha 7:
- Install manually latest addon version for:
- service.skin.widgets v0.0.13
- script.artwork.downloader v12.0.3
- script.artworkorganizer v1.0.2

- artworkorganizer is a xbmc script program that copies movie poster and fanart images from xbmc frodo database to
a common directory. XBMC eden did this natively, frodo doesn't anymore. Without that i could not get fanart images
displayed on home page with refocus big.
- install refocus big
- configure refocus big skin preferences to point to the custom fanart slideshow directory filled by artworkorganizer

Hope this helps anyone else

Has someone manage NOT to display weather menu on home page with latest version of refocus big master branch on frodo alpha 7 ?

I disabled the weather menu in refocus skin preferences as i did for music/addon/pictures (keeping only movies/tv show/system/favorites).The other menus are not visible anymore on home page, but not for the weather one.

Actually it appears when Movies or TV Shows menus are currently highlighted, and disappears when System or Favorites menus are highlighted.

Very weird.
Hi,

Love this Skin, runs really well on my raspberry pi (xbian 1.0 alpha 1 build) thank you devs!

Perhaps someone can help me with a little detail that would make my experience that little bit better?

I have edited my homemenu.xml to add a couple of menu options to my home screen to run a couple of my favoured programs.

This works great aside from one thing, I have tried to work out how to add a background image for these options, but just cant for the life of me work out what lines I need to add to what file to make that happen.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.
hi i am new to trying the skin and i like it but wondering how i enable fanart backgrounds for tv shows as i want to use some poster with a fanart background instead of the blue background
(2012-11-10, 17:31)san70 Wrote: [ -> ]Has someone manage NOT to display weather menu on home page with latest version of refocus big master branch on frodo alpha 7 ?

I disabled the weather menu in refocus skin preferences as i did for music/addon/pictures (keeping only movies/tv show/system/favorites).The other menus are not visible anymore on home page, but not for the weather one.

Actually it appears when Movies or TV Shows menus are currently highlighted, and disappears when System or Favorites menus are highlighted.

Very weird.

It has been fixed on latest git. Thanks for reporting.

(2012-11-10, 23:05)ffxr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Love this Skin, runs really well on my raspberry pi (xbian 1.0 alpha 1 build) thank you devs!

Perhaps someone can help me with a little detail that would make my experience that little bit better?

I have edited my homemenu.xml to add a couple of menu options to my home screen to run a couple of my favoured programs.

This works great aside from one thing, I have tried to work out how to add a background image for these options, but just cant for the life of me work out what lines I need to add to what file to make that happen.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.

Thanks. I am glad it runs good on the raspberry pi.
To display the background image(s) for your customized menu options, you will need to add a new image or multiimage control on the home.xml file.
Like this:

<control type="image">
<include>screen_Dimensions</include>
<texture background="true">special://skin/backgrounds/yourbackground.jpg</texture>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<fadetime>850</fadetime>
<include>fadeinout</include>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">!Skin.HasSetting(slideshow.fanart) + !Skin.HasSetting(wallpaper.original) + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(home.backgroundvideo)] + [Container(9000).HasFocus(your new menu control id in homemenu.xml)</visible>
</control>

<control type="multiimage" id="1">
<include>screen_Dimensions</include>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/yourbackgroundpath/</imagepath>
<timeperimage>slideshow_Timer</timeperimage>
<fadetime>200</fadetime>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<loop>yes</loop>
<include>fadeinout</include>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">!Skin.HasSetting(slideshow.fanart) + !Skin.HasSetting(wallpaper.original) + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(home.backgroundvideo)] + [Container(9000).HasFocus(your new menu control id in homemenu.xml)</visible>
</control>

Just remember to modify your background image/path location accordingly.

(2012-11-11, 12:35)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]hi i am new to trying the skin and i like it but wondering how i enable fanart backgrounds for tv shows as i want to use some poster with a fanart background instead of the blue background

You need to select the following option:

Settings > Skin > Customize Backgrounds > Enable Global Fanart Background
Hi, I just wanted to say I really like this skin and think I'll be bringing it in for heavy rotation (I like to change between skins quite regularly to keep things exciting!)

I'm currently on Eden and I'm not yet ready for Frodo I don't think until thing's are a bit more stable so I think I'll be sticking to v.083.1 for now.

With that in mind, I just had a couple of questions on things I'd like to change or just might not understand as they are.

1. I tend not to like the RSS ticker on the home page so was keen to use the status bar instead, but this seems to have overlay issues for me when the Weather or Playing menus are selected - from what I can tell, it looks like the status about how many movies and tv shows etc I have is showing up when it shouldn't be. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this, or alternatively what I must edit to just have nothing at the bottom of the screen?

2. On the Seasons level of the TV shows view, I really like the slide viewtype. The only thing I'm not sure about is why there's the five stars at the bottom of the screen as they always seem to be empty, even though my shows all have ratings that work in any other view type.

I'll add some screenshots soon to make it clearer what I mean, but any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Edit: pictures added
Hello, i guess i do something wrong in my attempt to use reFocusBig for Frodo : i download zip file from Git (not one from downloads, 2 month ago, i guess this is not the good one :o), and install it from zip file within XBMC.

But, i can't go to settings/skin. I click on the remote but no, the windows don't show. Never. all others are ok, Skin is usable (not configurable, but usable :o) just this one Big Grin

I take a look in log, i just saw something :

00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:21 T:3038222848 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window skinsettings
00:17:21 T:3038222848 ERROR: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: skinsettings
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:23 T:3038222848 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window skinsettings
00:17:23 T:3038222848 ERROR: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: skinsettings

Another thing, not really connected to reFocus i guess. What's this ??
Line 274: 00:18:11 T:3038222848 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/xbmc/.xbmc/media/Fonts/
Line 274: 00:18:11 T:3038222848 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/xbmc/.xbmc/media/Fonts/
Line 275: 00:18:11 T:3038222848 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/
Line 275: 00:18:11 T:3038222848 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/
(Those are all error from log)

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your time reading my so bad english :p
Hi,

Is it possible to apply thums view in file mode? I guess i have to edit some xml. Can someone point me which one?
(2012-11-12, 02:07)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i guess i do something wrong in my attempt to use reFocusBig for Frodo : i download zip file from Git (not one from downloads, 2 month ago, i guess this is not the good one :o), and install it from zip file within XBMC.

But, i can't go to settings/skin. I click on the remote but no, the windows don't show. Never. all others are ok, Skin is usable (not configurable, but usable :o) just this one Big Grin

00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:21 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:21 T:3038222848 ERROR: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: skinsettings
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:23 T:3038222848 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(skinsettings)
00:17:23 T:3038222848 ERROR: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: skinsettings

Again, me Big Grin
Maybe i'm wrong, but on github :
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(skinsettings)</onclick>
When name of the file is
Code:
SkinSettings.xml

On Linux, as XBMCBuntu, skinsettings is not equal to SkinSettings
I will give it a try this night.
Love this skin. I have a couple of issues with the new widgets:

1) When I configure the option to use both recommended and recent on the home menu, I see posters and info for TV shows, but no posters, info, or background for movies - nothing to indicate the list is even populated. When I configure to use recommended only, I see posters and info for TV Shows, and movie information for movies, but no posters or background images - and in this case, I can see a list of recommended movies. I am using Frodo Alpha 7 with the November 11 git version of reFocus Big.

http://pastebin.com/rx5cZeFF

2) I would like the option of turning off the recent and recommended widgets while leaving the weather widget active. Is it possible to implement this?
Good, I thought it was just me! No posters for "latest movies" widget with latest git and latest frodo. I've rolled back to 0.83.7 which works.
Can anyone let me know how to remove the 'All Seasons' category when browsing a tv series. I'd prefer it just had Season One..Season Two...etc.

I know it must be possible because my previous installation (before a reformat) didn't have All Seasons.

Thanks Smile
(2012-11-13, 12:03)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-12, 02:07)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i guess i do something wrong in my attempt to use reFocusBig for Frodo : i download zip file from Git (not one from downloads, 2 month ago, i guess this is not the good one :o), and install it from zip file within XBMC.

Again, me Big Grin
Maybe i'm wrong, but on github :
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(skinsettings)</onclick>
When name of the file is
Code:
SkinSettings.xml

On Linux, as XBMCBuntu, skinsettings is not equal to SkinSettings
I will give it a try this night.

I'm wrong, this is not the reason for this error :/

I don't understand :
XBMC from V7.iso from wsnipex,
skin widgets 0.0.13,
Artwork downloader 12.0.3

skin.widget error at starting,
Artwork Downloader error if i try to retrieve artwork (solo or bulk); this error let the Artwork downloader opened, so XBMC not useable : reboot needed.
settings/skin not opening.

Someone could direct me where i can download the good version of reFocus.Big for Frodo ? (i have download this one https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocu...master.zip

Thank you.

EDIT :
Write all parameters of a problem, and the solution may appear.
The bad version was xbmc. I updated from wsnipex ppa to 2012.11.04) and no more errors from settings/skin, artwork downloader nor skin.widget Big Grin
(2012-11-14, 01:58)Crimzin Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone let me know how to remove the 'All Seasons' category when browsing a tv series. I'd prefer it just had Season One..Season Two...etc.

I know it must be possible because my previous installation (before a reformat) didn't have All Seasons.

Thanks Smile

You need to create an advancedsettings.xml file in the location (for Windows): C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

You can just create a text file, then rename the extension to xml. In it, just put the following code:

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks Quizkid. Worked a treat. Much appreciated Smile