Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turns out its an IE thing?
It won't allow me to select multiple files but FF does?
Well eff you Microsoft!

I'll up them again if you want lol Smile

That's totally wound me up that though! No wonder I usually avoide IE like the plague.
Imgur is the best one i've tried, no login no account and multiple uploads no problems!
(2012-07-21, 22:41)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Imgur is the best one i've tried, no login no account and multiple uploads no problems!

Cheers butcha Smile
It really got me in a foul mood today Laugh I was actually "literally" foaming at the mouth!
Basically IE on windows 7 (all patched) doesn't allow me to select multiple files? After installing FF all was well... Went back and tried IE again... Unable to select multiple files?

No wonder MS are reporting losses! They need ME in there sorting this hideous crap out Rofl

Thanks again bro,
Pat~
(2012-07-21, 17:46)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out its an IE thing?
It won't allow me to select multiple files but FF does?
Well eff you Microsoft!

I'll up them again if you want lol Smile

That's totally wound me up that though! No wonder I usually avoide IE like the plague.

Thanks Pat,

no need to upload the screenshots again, the zip file will do.

I will work on it and hopefully I will sort it out.

I also use Imgur, it's really nice.

Cheers,
Paul

(2012-07-21, 14:54)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not sure if it has anything to do with the refocus skin or my computer or the fact that my thumbs are stored on a local server, but is the banner view super slow to load for anyone else? i have to let it sit to load the banners on the screen, and if i scroll down i have to do it again. then if i scroll back up to ones that were previously loaded, i have to wait for them to load again! the thumbnail view works fine and loads a full page of thumbs without issue, but the banners seem to be a problem.

If you use the banner.jpg for the banners views, it will take a bit to show the banners as the view is loading them from your media folders, instead from the cache. This is common to all skins as far as I know.
I am done with the "fixes" for the flags, logo, etc that Pat pointed out today.
I have just pushed the changes to git.
Tomorrow I will work with the reAlaska fonts once again to finish with all the items that Pat mentioned related to fonts.

(2012-07-21, 12:05)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the update guys,

Here are a Couple of small bugs/differences I've noticed between Sabishs' version and this version.

When using the realaska dark theme and enabling the Alaska osd, on pause the HD moniker turns from white to grey, This never used to happen? Pressing play (then displaying Info) displays this HD moniker correctly (white) again.

Additionally the blue hue seems stronger (more apparent) on the pause OSD than it does on play OSD in this mod?

When using full screen gallery mode, the "HD" moniker was visible in place of the resolution (as it looked neater) however this mod still displays the 720/480/1080p resolution etc which is not consistent with the rest of the theme.

That's all I've noticed so far, but other than its looking great, so glad you guys are collaborating on this mod, I can't wait for the official release Smile

If you need a bug tester just let me know Smile

Thanks again,
Pat~

Edit:
Another difference between sabish mod and this mod is that in tv series full screen gallery view, Sabish opted for a clean consistent look which involved removing the network logo to keep consistency with the tv and the movie section.

As not all tv series have a logo it (and movies dont) it ment the skin was a very light, clean elegant and consistent this mod howevr still has the big network logos all over the tv series full screen gallery view.

Thanks again guys,
Not being fussy I just think sabishs mod was so perfect in its execution that I hope it transitions over exactly "as-is"

Hope that helps,
Thanks again
Pat~

Edit 2:
I think I figured out why the pause screen seems to have a stronger hue than the info screen... If you press info, then press pause the pause screen displays ontop on the info screen at the same time. Causing the blue transparent hue to appear bluer and a noticeable text shadow as they both scroll at different times.

Also the font that displays season 1 episode 1 seems like the original refocus font not Salishs font.

I'm going to roll back to sabishs mod just now, but hopefully you guys will get time to repair these bugs.

Thanks again,
Pat~

Hi Pat,

I have uploaded a new version, with all the fixes for the items that you have pointed out, including fonts.

Please, try it and let me know if you find any other disconnect with Sabish mods.

Thanks,
Paul

This is so nice! Thanks a lot for your work Paul, you're the best! Big Grin

This should be on the Passion Addon Repository, it would be very helpful to have the skin up to date, and get all the new git changes. Besides, it would allow a wider audience to enjoy this fantastic mod.
(2012-07-22, 13:12)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-21, 12:05)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the update guys,

Here are a Couple of small bugs/differences I've noticed between Sabishs' version and this version.

When using the realaska dark theme and enabling the Alaska osd, on pause the HD moniker turns from white to grey, This never used to happen? Pressing play (then displaying Info) displays this HD moniker correctly (white) again.

Additionally the blue hue seems stronger (more apparent) on the pause OSD than it does on play OSD in this mod?

When using full screen gallery mode, the "HD" moniker was visible in place of the resolution (as it looked neater) however this mod still displays the 720/480/1080p resolution etc which is not consistent with the rest of the theme.

That's all I've noticed so far, but other than its looking great, so glad you guys are collaborating on this mod, I can't wait for the official release Smile

If you need a bug tester just let me know Smile

Thanks again,
Pat~

Edit:
Another difference between sabish mod and this mod is that in tv series full screen gallery view, Sabish opted for a clean consistent look which involved removing the network logo to keep consistency with the tv and the movie section.

As not all tv series have a logo it (and movies dont) it ment the skin was a very light, clean elegant and consistent this mod howevr still has the big network logos all over the tv series full screen gallery view.

Thanks again guys,
Not being fussy I just think sabishs mod was so perfect in its execution that I hope it transitions over exactly "as-is"

Hope that helps,
Thanks again
Pat~

Edit 2:
I think I figured out why the pause screen seems to have a stronger hue than the info screen... If you press info, then press pause the pause screen displays ontop on the info screen at the same time. Causing the blue transparent hue to appear bluer and a noticeable text shadow as they both scroll at different times.

Also the font that displays season 1 episode 1 seems like the original refocus font not Salishs font.

I'm going to roll back to sabishs mod just now, but hopefully you guys will get time to repair these bugs.

Thanks again,
Pat~

Hi Pat,

I have uploaded a new version, with all the fixes for the items that you have pointed out, including fonts.

Please, try it and let me know if you find any other disconnect with Sabish mods.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Paul Smile
On it and will report back on any findings.

Awesome work and genuinely can't wait to get my hands on reloaded Big Grin
Hey Paul,

All looks good, except there is a still a small bug with the info and pause screens?

For example,
If you press pause, the OSD displays "time/finish time" in the top right hand side f the screen and the information for the show description scroll as expected...

However, if you then press the info button, there is a flicker of dark blue hue, then the "time/finish time" clock disappears...

However,
If you press the info screen while a movie/tv show is playing... No "time/finish time" is present... Then even if you press pause (while the Info screen is still being displayed) no "time/finish time" is displayed?

So basically,
In short,
The "time/finish time" is missing from the info screen Smile
I'll keep tinkering and see what I can find, but it's looking nigh on perfect right now Smile

Edit:
The fonts in the "movie information" page are incorrect?
They are to large and don't appear to visually be the same font as Sabishs mod? Perhaps it's just a size change but there are some inconsistencies in that view.

If you need a screenshot let me know, but it's just the "movie information" screen where you would be able to select cinema/trailer/cast/ etc... The fonts are too big and look like the wrong style in comparison to the rest of the realaska mod.

Hope that helps Smile

Edit 2:
It also appears like a bold font is used in lists within apps?
For example, if I open the revision 3 app in your mod, then open it in Sabishs mod, yours has very large bright bold fonts when in list view?
Sabishs mod has non bold smaller neater fonts.
Hi Paul!

I just downloaded this skin: it's awesome!
I found a little bug though, but it's present also in realaska, so it may be legacy from the original focus: I selected the status bar that shows statistics in the home screen instead of an rss feed. When I highlight weather, though, the information shown about the last highlighted menu is not removed, so it ends up with the weather text overlapping wht is already present.
Another possible bug I found, even though I'm not sure if it's a bug or just me not fully understanding the system and/or missing some plugins (I started with XBMC last weekend), is in TV shows: I use the banner view, but when I press "I" to show series information, the poster is not one from the season posters, but it's a stretched version of the banner itself.
Other than that no problems at all, it's an awesome skin!

Now, I have a few idea for a couple of details, but I have no experience on skinning yet (I just started checking out the wiki), so if it's too much trouble or if you don't find them useful, don't consider them =)
- would it be possible to have more flags (are they called like this? I mean the file info icons, like audio/video encoding, resolution...) in all views, and not just in movie info?
- is it possible to show the available languages of the media, if present (I don't know if they are stored in the DB)
- what about showing also the file name when showing movie information, instead of just the path?
- is it possible to show the total number of episodes in a tv show/season, beyond the unwatched counter?
- I guess there others like me who use rotten tomatoes for movie scores: would it be possible to be able to choose between stars and rotten tomatoes icon (according to score) + score as number?

Once again, these are just suggestions, maybe it's just me who would like them, who knows! =)
@Pat

Thanks Pat. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am about to upload a new version which aside from new features it will include a fix for all the items you have just mentioned related to fonts.

@zeppy

Welcome on board. I will consider your suggestions.
As for the bug you have mentioned that is common to both reFocus main skin and mods.
I will look into it as well. Also, please check your scraper configuration, there should be an option to prefer posters when download thumbnails for the related tv show.
Update
  • Added support for Custom Backgrounds on Home Menu.
  • Added support for TV Tunes.
  • More reAlaska fonts integration fixes.

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the updates! Little bug: if I don't choose "enable original clock" the clock is not visible in menus.
Thanks Paul,
that's some speedy work right there Big Grin

I'll grab it and report back any findings ASAP!
Thanks again for this wonderful mod and all the incredible work you have put into creating this. It's a total game changer for me! So profession, sleek, fast elegant and down right user friendly.

The S.O loves it too.
She says it's the easiest and best looking skin shes seen on Media Centre so far.
So it totally gets the WAF!
Hey Paul,
Just found a small font difference in the movie Information screen tht needs editing:

Screen shots below:
BIG MOD

Sabish Mod

Basically, the font on your mod needs reducing by 1 or 2 points where it says genre etc.
Thanks again,
It's looking good though, I'm starting to struggle to find issues and pick faults ;D
(2012-07-23, 21:12)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul!

Thanks for the updates! Little bug: if I don't choose "enable original clock" the clock is not visible in menus.

Thanks. I have just fixed it on git.

I will upload a new version later on.

(2012-07-23, 22:02)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Paul,
that's some speedy work right there Big Grin

I'll grab it and report back any findings ASAP!
Thanks again for this wonderful mod and all the incredible work you have put into creating this. It's a total game changer for me! So profession, sleek, fast elegant and down right user friendly.

The S.O loves it too.
She says it's the easiest and best looking skin shes seen on Media Centre so far.
So it totally gets the WAF!

Thanks Pat. It's really nice that your wife likes it too Smile