Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update
  • Option to display white date on the home menu.
  • Added support to search on youtube on context menu. (Thanks Phil).
  • Added support to play random movie and random genre on movie context menu. (Thanks again Phil)
  • Random movie script support fixes.
  • Minor fixes on artist logos.

Quote:What version of the skin are you using? That should be already fixed.
I will upload a new version in the next hour, so you might want to wait until installing a new one.

Must have checked it in between versions. Is fixed indeed.
@paul

Hey,
Tested and I have been having strange results? Perhaps related to my build so I'm going to do a clean build and then retest for clarification.

I'm still getting the strange issue of thumbs popping out of place randomly, the random movie script is very very slow all of a sudden (as is navigating xbmc in genral) and my CPU is sitting at 50% with this version ... All very strange but more than likely related to something on my box.

Additionally,
The random movie script button in the movie information screen is a tad disjointed, when you navigate between these buttons, it doesn't always recognise the last button? Could they either be reduce in size to fit better, or maybe remove the random button from there now it's in the context menu?

I'll pop an screen shot up in a second for you to see what I mean Smile

Other than that,
This is an almost perfect release and it's looking fantastic Smile

Edit:
Rebuild has resolved most issues, but random poster movement is still apparent (screen shot to follow)

and the random button in movie info is still a tad ... Awkward in its navigation Smile
Fantastic!
glad to read that you will work on advance launcher
Thanks you!
Cheers
Great MOD, thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Maybe an idea for the reloaded version is a view with landscape.jpg and fanart visible. I modified the slide view to test this view.

Too bad I broke a lot of other stuff while doing that Tongue
(2012-07-25, 16:47)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-25, 05:57)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul, have you had a chance to look over these issues? Thank you very much for the "back-to-home" option. Much appreciated. Any chance at having the banners/posters implemented and galefury's side by side banner view?

Thanks,
kk

Sorry, I was focused on other fixes and features. I will eventually add the galefury's side by side banner view.
As for the issues you're having with banners and posters, I would suggest that you set your scrapper to use posters by default, and then rename your banners to banner.jpg setting the option in the skin to use locally stored banners.

Thanks Paul. Since I've started using this as my primary skin, a rescrape is in order (I'm re-scraping as I type this). When doing the side banner view, is it possible to keep the same 5 rows from the original view instead of galefury's 4? (basically as many rows as possible while keeping the slick/beautiful look of the skin).

Since this skin was abandoned I started looking elsewhere, but I always felt that nothing was as good as re-focus could be with the right people involved. Seeing this skin progressing is awesome.Thanks again.
BTW when I was editing the viewsslide.xml file I noticed that there are 2 network logo's in that view. The same logo is also called in MyVideoNav.xml.
Wow, just tried the last version. It's so fast and the new features are cool. Nice!
Thanks Paul. The Amelandbor slide view is also cool, I hope you will work on that on reloaded.
I just want to say this mod is awesome! I love the themes backgrounds, high quality and well selected, they just feel real Smile

BTW, what PVR backend are you using?

I don't know if it's just me, but alaska OSD is hardly readable, white background with light grey fonts, well anyway, I think reFocus OSD is much better.
(2012-07-28, 11:40)Hirs Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to say this mod is awesome! I love the themes backgrounds, high quality and well selected, they just feel real Smile

BTW, what PVR backend are you using?

I don't know if it's just me, but alaska OSD is hardly readable, white background with light grey fonts, well anyway, I think reFocus OSD is much better.

Thanks ! . I use ForTheRecord as PVR backend.

reAlaska OSD is meant to be used only with reAlaska and reAlaska dark themes.
Otherwise, as you have mentioned, it's hardly readable.
Hey Paul,
Any ideas why the posters seems to fall out of the screen randomly?

I listed a few screenshots in my edited last post on the previous page? It's resolvable by simply reloading the skin in appearance, but I can't pinpoint why it's actually happening in the first Instance?

Is seems to be completely random?

Other than that,
Alls good Smile
Is it possible to set smart playlists or favourites as top-level home menu items?
(2012-07-26, 00:57)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]Great MOD, thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Maybe an idea for the reloaded version is a view with landscape.jpg and fanart visible. I modified the slide view to test this view.

Thanks for the idea. I like the view. I will discuss with Sabish if he wants to have it implemented on reLoaded.

(2012-07-28, 13:35)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Paul,

I listed a few screenshots in my edited last post on the previous page? It's resolvable by simply reloading the skin in appearance, but I can't pinpoint why it's actually happening in the first Instance?

Other than that,
Alls good Smile

Hey Pat, I am glad you like the latest version. Are you still having slowdowns?
I was not able to reproduce that weird posters behaviour, but I have a guess, I think it is related to the reAlaska OSD. I will try to get it fixed.

(2012-07-29, 17:54)costi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to set smart playlists or favourites as top-level home menu items?

Currently it is not possible. I could add an option(s) to use smart playlists or favourite on the home menu, at the top level, but the choice would be pretty limited, as the space is only enough for a certain number of items, and the home menu as it is right now it is not designed to be scrollable. I will give it a thought.
While working on reLoaded, and trying to implement the original reFocus banner view, I ended up making two new views, double column banner and poster & banner views.

I have already pushed the changes to git.
I will upload new version later today or tomorrow, with these two views and more fixes that I have been working on these days.

(2012-07-30, 00:47)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-26, 00:57)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]Great MOD, thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Thanks for the idea. I like the view. I will discuss with Sabish if he wants to have it implemented on reLoaded.

I like the view too, but i think we should stick with with overlayed fanart whenever possible, to maintain design unity. But i guess we can make an exception Wink If we go with this particluar view, it would be also nice to have a horizontal logo view (i've always loved this view, very clean), as an alternative from the landscape.jpg shown in the screenshot. I will discuss this with Paul

(2012-07-28, 13:35)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Paul,

Other than that,
Alls good Smile
(2012-07-30, 00:47)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Pat, I am glad you like the latest version. Are you still having slowdowns?
I was not able to reproduce that weird posters behaviour, but I have a guess, I think it is related to the reAlaska OSD. I will try to get it fixed.

Yep, the reAlaska oSD isn't very well coded Angel, i think these kind of weird posters behaviour can be easily avoided by fixing some mistakes i made in the code. Paul and I will look into it, so it will be fixed at some point Smile