Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-20, 12:26)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to get media totals on the home screen so i know how much is in my library
Turn off the RSS feeds and they should appear.

(2012-11-16, 04:34)jmuck78 Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to fixing the posters, I also modified the setup a little bit so that the recent episodes show posters instead of episode thumbs. This is just my personal preference, so if you prefer to see episode thumbs, feel free to mod it back.

Could you post the exact change needed to get posters on recent TV episode widget?
(2012-11-20, 11:59)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]I also use a usb key, I am using Frodo's openelec nightly builds. I didnt notice any slowdowns with fanart. In fact with latest version from git I noticed it was even faster.
Are you using extra fanart option?
Try with the fanart again disabling the opacity options.

Yes i use extra fanart, and opacity too.
I will try to disable opacity this evening, but opacity is great to be able to read synopsys : white on bright fanart are not really readable Big Grin

EDIT :
I tried openelec beta, but after boot i had no sound, no device in settings/audio, aplay -L says no devices found....
No problem with XBMCBuntu. Boot, configure in settings/audio and sound is on.

Thanks for reporting this. This is most likely happening because of using extrafanart. Opacity options should have nothing to do with your performance issues.
I have already improved things on latest git on regards of speed. I will also improve more the use of extrafanart along the week.
Hi,

I have a few inconsistencies I wonder if its possible to clean up.

I'm using the "metal" theme and the normal menu looks like this:

However, when I select any menu item that has widgets enabled the screen gets darker like this:

I think it does this to spotlight the widgets but is there any way to disable this as I find it a bit jaring.

Also, when I enable fanart for the widgets I can't get it to look the same as fanart when viewing movies/tv as it does not blend with the theme:

vs

Any way I can make the homescreen fanart blend with the theme like the movie/tv section?

I have the following skin settings enabled:

Theme "metal"
Homescreen -> customize backgrounds
> Use original wallpaper: yes
> Enable global fanart background: yes
Homescreen -> widgets
> Light Opacity

Thanks!
(2012-11-20, 16:21)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting this. This is most likely happening because of using extrafanart. Opacity options should have nothing to do with your performance issues.
I have already improved things on latest git on regards of speed. I will also improve more the use of extrafanart along the week.

You're definitely right, opacity did not change anything, but disabling extra fan-art in media view make XBMC fluid like water Big Grin
I will wait for your improvements on this.

Many thanks !
(2012-11-20, 17:58)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]I think it does this to spotlight the widgets but is there any way to disable this as I find it a bit jaring.

Exactly. That's the purpose of the black overlay on the home menu widgets. With clear/white fanart it would be pretty hard to read the title/year/episode... otherwise.
In any case I will add a setting to have it removed, as when using a dark theme it is not really needed.

(2012-11-20, 17:58)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]Any way I can make the homescreen fanart blend with the theme like the movie/tv section?

Thanks for pointing this out. I think that indeed it would be more consistent that way.
I will implement the same blend on the home menu as in the media views to see how it looks.

(2012-11-20, 19:58)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]You're definitely right, opacity did not change anything, but disabling extra fan-art in media view make XBMC fluid like water Big Grin
I will wait for your improvements on this.

Many thanks !

Thanks for confirming.
In deck view for movies, banner images is used instead of poster images. Just a small heads up. (In lastest git version)

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="frames/frame_Portrait-mask.png" fallback="thumbs/movie_portrait.jpg">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</texture

I suppose it should be:

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="frames/frame_Portrait-mask.png" fallback="thumbs/movie_portrait.jpg">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture
Hey Paul, it seems that it is possible to host a repository from Google Code or Github!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories
Hi Paul,

Love the mod, just noticed something with the recommended widget. It appears to be showing the wrong season # and episode #. The episode name is correct along with the description. Don't know if this is skin related or xbmc related or if its something I did.

thanks again for a great mod.
Hey
thanks a lot, great MOD.
Two questions:
If you play a music track and hit TAB, you get the full screen view. If the title of the track is long, it's not shown completely and, in contrast to other skins, it also doesn't scroll. Any chance to get it scrolling?
And, in the same view, a progress bar would be nice. Any chance for that?
Thanks a million
Rolf
I'm using the latest version from the git, and I'm having a weird problem with menus. When scrolling through, the selection with change rapidly, making it bafflingly difficult to actually select the TV show/movie/etc that I want. I will get close, then press right on the remote and then suddenly I'm whizzing through the menu, unable to stop unless I press in the opposite direction.

EDIT: Ignore this, it isn't a reFocus bug - it seems to be an issue with Raspbmc
is it just me or no matter whether the weather home item is enabled or not it still shows, latest git version.
(2012-11-17, 18:27)Dennis1984 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still using 'normal' ReAlaska, but does anyone know how to show albums only once?

I don't want the the album list under artist to repeat.

I'm sorry to repeat my own question, but is there someone who knows the answer to this? I don't want the albums to appear multiple times in this view.
hello,
just one question, how can I make the animation in poster view more slow?
I feel it's too fast for me! ( yes I'm slow...)
thx!
cheers