Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-02-08, 17:52)purpleman Wrote: [ -> ]I know this has been discussed before, but -
is there any way to get the home menu fanart slideshow functionality to work the same as previous versions?
I've tried setting a slideshow folder with artwork-organizer, but that solution is lame for several reasons:

1. I have to manually run the script every time I add new content to my library (which is very often and done automatically using CouchPotato and SickBeard)
2. artwork-organizer copies content to sub-folders, which means I can't have a mixed slideshow of TV-shows and movies in my library.
3. this calls for extra maintanence that needs to be done manually when I remove content from my library (which is also very often) - need to clean unused artworks from xbmc's database AND the slideshow folder.

Solutions, anyone?
Thanks.

This has been discussed before, a little reading of 5-6 pages before could give you the solution you're looking for. Don't know if it's the same solution you're publishing in the points above though. BTW, this is a reFocus BIG exclusive problem, original reFocus doesn't have this issue
(2013-02-08, 19:49)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-08, 17:52)purpleman Wrote: [ -> ]I know this has been discussed before, but -
is there any way to get the home menu fanart slideshow functionality to work the same as previous versions?
I've tried setting a slideshow folder with artwork-organizer, but that solution is lame for several reasons:

1. I have to manually run the script every time I add new content to my library (which is very often and done automatically using CouchPotato and SickBeard)
2. artwork-organizer copies content to sub-folders, which means I can't have a mixed slideshow of TV-shows and movies in my library.
3. this calls for extra maintanence that needs to be done manually when I remove content from my library (which is also very often) - need to clean unused artworks from xbmc's database AND the slideshow folder.

Solutions, anyone?
Thanks.

This has been discussed before, a little reading of 5-6 pages before could give you the solution you're looking for. Don't know if it's the same solution you're publishing in the points above though. BTW, this is a reFocus BIG exclusive problem, original reFocus doesn't have this issue

The solution I mentioned IS the solution from 5-6 pages ago. It's lacking. I know reFocus doesn't have that problem.
I am having issues with aspect ratio for this skin (and for others). If i'm running 800x600 display (my projector's native resolution), fonts and icons are distorted (too thin), and album covers are cropped. Is there a way to adjust this (and other themes) to display correctly in different aspect ratios?
video playing in background doesnt work right anymore with this skin. If you are watching live tv and open tv guide, the sound cuts out after about 5 seconds. This does not happen with the confluence skin and did work with the refocus skin previously.
Hey Paul,

thanks for putting in the option to allow the rating to be seen as a % rather than just the stars. I was wondering if it would be possible to put an option to replace the rotten tomatoes icons with just a single star (one similar to the previous star icons) and then have the rating beside it as a % or number. People keep coming round and asking me why I have the rotten tomato ratings and not imdb ones (even tho it is the imdb one, just displayed next to the tomato!)

Thanks

Harry
(2013-01-05, 14:45)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Paul, found two issues today:

- Shortcut to skin settings needs to be remover from the main settings screen. Since Frodo the settings are under appearance / skin settings.
- You need to add a button to the shutdown menu to exit xbmc like the confluence skin does. This is a must for people using XBMCbuntu and want to exit xbmc and log into XBMCbuntu.

Update, one more:
- When using the status bar in stead of the RSS feed and go over to the weather section on the main screen, the weather info and status info texts overlap.

I have left the shortcut to the skin settings on the main settings screen as I think it is more convenient that way. I have added the option under appearance / skin settings anyways as well.

Exit option can be added as a submenu of the system item on the home screen.

I will take a look at the weather overlapping on the status info bar.

(2013-01-11, 17:57)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 20:15)matatr0n Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Paul!

is it possible to create a slim/light-version for raspberry pi or apple tv 2?

Totally agree. Or maybe point out what settings do we need to disable to use it without hiccups.
Although an amazing skin, it's a shame that what used to be a very light skin on Apple TV 2, now is heavy on resources and almost unusable on low end hardware (and not only ATV or RaspPi)

Cheers!

I will eventually work on a light version.

(2013-01-28, 05:28)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to implement a smart playlist as a main menu option. I have this on my children's tv and want only shows I deem ok to be able to be viewed. Figure the best way to do this is set a smart playlist limiting to a specific genre and in the metadata of the movies they can watch make that specific genre.

Not at this moment, but it will be included as a feature on the next version, that is, adding items to the main home screen menu. Right now, you can only add a smart playlist as a submenu option.

(2013-02-03, 10:23)fonzie Wrote: [ -> ]Just found this MOD and I have to say it is great!!! Definitely a contender for my default skin. I just have a few questions:

Is it possible to add a custom menu to the home screen? (example: Kid's Movies) created using a smart playlist perhaps. Right now as it stands, I can create a custom sub-menu under the Videos category, but that is not exactly what I want.

In addition, is it possible to add a widget to the custom "Kid's Movies" item on the home screen to include the latest Kid's Movies?

I don't plan on using the search feature that appears when you press left on the home screen. Is it possible to disable it? I keep accidentally opening it up and it gets a little frustrating at times.

Lastly, this isn't a big deal but it'd be nice to have as a choice. Can the widgets on the home screen be invisible and then appear when you press the right directional button?

anyways...just want to say that this MOD of reFocus is awesome. At the moment I've been having trouble finding any skins that really suit my needs and are aesthetically pleasing. This one pretty much fits the bill. Thanks for everyone's hard work in making this.

I will add an option to use the search feature as optional when pressing left on the home screen, same for the widgets only showing when pressing right.

(2013-02-04, 21:33)midblue Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all - I decided to go ahead and fix a few issues I was observing with this skin. Paul, could you take a look at these sometime and consider including them in the repo?
  1. First, a fix for the weather item on the home menu. Currently, when the weather item is highlighted, the current conditions displayed are displayed in the status bar, but they are overlaid on top of the library status count, making it unreadable. Also, there are a few spurious "\95" strings in the current conditions, I removed them. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/Mkh85eg0
  2. Currently, if the user highlights the "Settings" item on the home screen, it will change the item "weather" to display the current condition instead, e.g. "27° in wilmington". If anything else is selected such as videos, movies, tvshows, it just displays as "weather". This is inconsistent - I am taking a leap here, but I believe the intention is that the weather item should always display the current conditions, unless it is highlighted, then it should display as "weather". Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/LJvKSkNf
  3. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders (e.g. show_name/season 01/episode.mkv) then clearart will not display properly on the reFocus BIG or reAlaska OSD for a tvshow when paused. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/RrQuFEPR
  4. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders, and you use the "Gallery" viewtype for tv episodes, the background will only display the main fanart rather than cycling through the extrafanart, regardless if "use extrafanart on gallery views" setting is enabled. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/qFQESCL9

I have been using these changes for a few days now, no problems observed. Hope this helps somebody out!

Edit: Forgot to mention but the issues were observed with the latest from the repo on Frodo (Openelec 2.99.2)

Thanks for those fixes on 1 and 3. As for the rest,

2) The weather only shows the current condition on the main menu when widgets are not displayed, that is for not overlapping with the widgets items name and description. If you disable the widgets, the current weather conditions will be always displayed when selecting any main menu option, videos, tvshows, etc.

4) The extrafanart on the gallery view is displayed on the fanart frame only.

I have added the 0.87.1 version to the github repo. Feel free to post issues there as it will be easier to track them.
Also, possible merge requests will be appreciated. Thanks for the all feedback.
On Frodo I'm experiencing a problem where the movie thumbnail disappears on the movie that you just finished watching. Backing out to the main menu and returning to the movies view will reload it.

Anyone else notice the same thing?
I have a couple of new TV shows (Walking Dead as an example) and everything is showing up in XBMC besides for the banner. I use a banner library view so it's a bit of a problem.

When I switch back to Confluence it does show the banners. Then I switch to ReFocus BIG again and the banners don't show up.

What I'm doing to try and fix it:

In XBMC to go the TV Show Inforation
-push edit
-Change Thumbnail
-banner
-Then I pick one that I like

Then I go back to the previous screen and it still is showing the default "On Air" banner instead of the actual Walking Dead banner.

How can I fix this? It's only with TV shows that I have this problem.

And yeah, should clarify that it is scraping correctly because it is getting all of the information for the tv shows right. It just is literally the banner it's not getting.
(2013-02-05, 21:07)GazT81 Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic skin. I've been playing around with it to suit my own eyes such as changing the fonts and sizing but I want to know if it's possible to do something like this with the default OSD.

I notice it shows in I think the original ReAlaska OSD along with the plot sypnosis but I prefer the default one as it's more transparent.

I like it. I will implement this as an option on the next version.
The font also suits really well the OSD.

(2013-02-11, 14:11)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]On Frodo I'm experiencing a problem where the movie thumbnail disappears on the movie that you just finished watching. Backing out to the main menu and returning to the movies view will reload it.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce it.

(2013-02-12, 08:03)jeremytodd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a couple of new TV shows (Walking Dead as an example) and everything is showing up in XBMC besides for the banner. I use a banner library view so it's a bit of a problem.

When I switch back to Confluence it does show the banners. Then I switch to ReFocus BIG again and the banners don't show up.

What I'm doing to try and fix it:

In XBMC to go the TV Show Inforation
-push edit
-Change Thumbnail
-banner
-Then I pick one that I like

Then I go back to the previous screen and it still is showing the default "On Air" banner instead of the actual Walking Dead banner.

How can I fix this? It's only with TV shows that I have this problem.

And yeah, should clarify that it is scraping correctly because it is getting all of the information for the tv shows right. It just is literally the banner it's not getting.

I have tried and I am able to change the banners doing the same. Does it happen with other skins aside from refocus big?
Refocus BIG is the only one I'm having problems with. Sad
Paul Salem, sorry to bother you, but if you have time could you take a look at these issues:

(1) in the Music section, album art is being cropped at top and bottom in slide and list views. Someone mentioned this earlier, and said it was restricted to 1080p mode, but the same thing happens in 720p.

(2) in movie slide view, the movie title and media info (year of release, genre etc) are too close together, and will sometimes overlap - the "tail" of letters like g,y,j,p,q extends down into the media info space. The same thing happens in album slide view - the album title will overlap the artist and year info beneath it - they're just a little bit too close together.

XBMC Frodo
reFocus BIG v.0.87.1
Windows 7
(2013-02-11, 13:03)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-04, 21:33)midblue Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all - I decided to go ahead and fix a few issues I was observing with this skin. Paul, could you take a look at these sometime and consider including them in the repo?
  1. First, a fix for the weather item on the home menu. Currently, when the weather item is highlighted, the current conditions displayed are displayed in the status bar, but they are overlaid on top of the library status count, making it unreadable. Also, there are a few spurious "\95" strings in the current conditions, I removed them. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/Mkh85eg0
  2. Currently, if the user highlights the "Settings" item on the home screen, it will change the item "weather" to display the current condition instead, e.g. "27° in wilmington". If anything else is selected such as videos, movies, tvshows, it just displays as "weather". This is inconsistent - I am taking a leap here, but I believe the intention is that the weather item should always display the current conditions, unless it is highlighted, then it should display as "weather". Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/LJvKSkNf
  3. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders (e.g. show_name/season 01/episode.mkv) then clearart will not display properly on the reFocus BIG or reAlaska OSD for a tvshow when paused. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/RrQuFEPR
  4. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders, and you use the "Gallery" viewtype for tv episodes, the background will only display the main fanart rather than cycling through the extrafanart, regardless if "use extrafanart on gallery views" setting is enabled. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/qFQESCL9

I have been using these changes for a few days now, no problems observed. Hope this helps somebody out!

Edit: Forgot to mention but the issues were observed with the latest from the repo on Frodo (Openelec 2.99.2)

Thanks for those fixes on 1 and 3. As for the rest,

2) The weather only shows the current condition on the main menu when widgets are not displayed, that is for not overlapping with the widgets items name and description. If you disable the widgets, the current weather conditions will be always displayed when selecting any main menu option, videos, tvshows, etc.

4) The extrafanart on the gallery view is displayed on the fanart frame only.

Aha, that makes sense now for #2. Good call.

For #4, what do you mean by fanart frame? On my system the gallery viewtype shows a big fanart image as the background, with an overlay showing the episode thumb, title, plot, etc... so the change was to allow the background image to cycle through the tvshow extrafanart. It looks like that was the original intention... the skin was was using a multiimage control pointing to $INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart] which I changed to $INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart & $INFO[ListItem.Path]../extrafanart.
Hi,

I can't seem to switch off TV show logos. The setting to disable them does not stop them being displayed in the slide view.

Thanks
What is the best method to add 2 addons to the homescreen under 1 button.

I want to edit to homemenu.xml file for the next thing. I have the addon 1Channel and icefilms, i want them on the home screen under the item / label online movies.

Normally i use this for one item:

<item id="24">
<label>photos</label>
<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.image.picasa)</onclick>
</item>

But how to handle with 2 addons?
(2013-02-04, 21:33)midblue Wrote: [ -> ][*]Currently, if you use tvshow season folders (e.g. show_name/season 01/episode.mkv) then clearart will not display properly on the reFocus BIG or reAlaska OSD for a tvshow when paused. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/RrQuFEPR

Hi,

I've been experiencing this issue, but can't seem to get your solution working. Could you please post a DialogSeekBar.xml-file with these changes? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!