Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you please add an option to use local jpg's from artwork downloader for thumbnails and banners (poster.jpg and banner.jpg) because it seems that it is not possible to both have banners and thumbnails working correctly.
I think it depends on the tvdb scraper settings (prefer posters or banners) and that the skin is not looking for poster.jpg and banner.jpg in the TV Show root folder. Or am I wrong?

I really love the look of this mod and wondered if anyone has tested it on the Raspberry Pi? If so will it run? Smoothly and with bells and whistles, or dialled back?
UPDATE

v.0.4
  • Added ReAlaska fontsent.
  • Added optional support for backspace key going back to home menu.
  • Added an option to have small clock.
  • Added some German strings provided by newsilentsilver.

Please, let me know in case of any issues. I did not have time to test it for long.
I have updated both gitbub and google code links on the first post, as well as the direct download links.
Thanks for keeping the updates going Paul!
With this there is no reason to use reAlaska/reAlaska Dark mods, this is the ultimate reFocus mod so far, as it includes all the features.
Now we are all waiting for reFocus reLoaded Smile
Well done Paul Smile

There are a couple of small issues : mainly, the description texts are too big (much lighter on my mod), and a couple of other fonts are not exactly the same ...but with a little tweaking, everything should be fine Smile

I will provide a couple of comparison screenshots later, to help you spot the differences ...

thanks for the update!

here are the issues i've spotted:

- unwatched/watched/resumeable flags aren't working for me at all despite being enabled. i know others have this issue while some don't, but i'm not sure why. this isn't exclusive to this skin either, as the refocus git version gives me the same problems which is why i'm sticking to refocus 0.9.5.
- the realaska osd when i pause a video is hard to read. it's a light gray box with light text. the picture (folder.jpg?) to the left doesn't show up either. when i disable the realaska option there's no progressbar and the times in the top right are huge despite having the option for small clock enabled.
- the time/date on the homescreen needs a drop shadow or something. when the fanart is white, it disappears.

that's all i've seen right now. i can provide screenshots if necessary.

i like where this skin is going so thank you all for the work.
(2012-07-19, 12:26)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the update!

here are the issues i've spotted:

- unwatched/watched/resumeable flags aren't working for me at all despite being enabled. i know others have this issue while some don't, but i'm not sure why. this isn't exclusive to this skin either, as the refocus git version gives me the same problems which is why i'm sticking to refocus 0.9.5.
- the realaska osd when i pause a video is hard to read. it's a light gray box with light text. the picture (folder.jpg?) to the left doesn't show up either. when i disable the realaska option there's no progressbar and the times in the top right are huge despite having the option for small clock enabled.
- the time/date on the homescreen needs a drop shadow or something. when the fanart is white, it disappears.

that's all i've seen right now. i can provide screenshots if necessary.

i like where this skin is going so thank you all for the work.

Thanks for the feedback and reporting the bugs.

I have pushed some changes to the github repo with some fixes.
I will upload a new version to google code later today.

I have also added a shadow to the clock and date on the home screen, please check if you like the results.

As for the picture on the left, for movies rename your folder.jpg to poster.jpg . It should be displayed then using the reAlaska OSD.
For TV Shows, it uses clearart.png
(2012-07-19, 17:31)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]As for the picture on the left, for movies rename your folder.jpg to poster.jpg . It should be displayed then using the reAlaska OSD.

the changes look great, thank you! would it be possible to have an option to use folder.jpg over poster.jpg? my 1500+ movies (and tv shows) all use folder.jpg instead of poster.jpg and it would be quite laborious to change them all, not to mention take a tremendous amount of time to rescan the library to notice all the new thumbs.
(2012-07-19, 18:15)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-19, 17:31)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]As for the picture on the left, for movies rename your folder.jpg to poster.jpg . It should be displayed then using the reAlaska OSD.

the changes look great, thank you! would it be possible to have an option to use folder.jpg over poster.jpg? my 1500+ movies (and tv shows) all use folder.jpg instead of poster.jpg and it would be quite laborious to change them all, not to mention take a tremendous amount of time to rescan the library to notice all the new thumbs.

Thanks.

I will look into it, meanwhile you might consider trying the Artwork Downloader add-on. It will scan your library and automatically download a poster.jpg file to the folders where your media is located.
edit: nevermind, figured it out. though changing the font to realaska only seems to apply to the homescreen. all other fonts are the same as original for me and my screenshots don't look like yours.

could you also change this like someone mentioned on the last page? the cursor sound doesn't work for those of us running openelec.

Code:
from

<action>
<name>up</name>
<file>cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>
<name>down</name>
<file>cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>

to

<action>
<name>up</name>
<file>Cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>
<name>down</name>
<file>Cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>
I have uploaded a new version, 0.41

It includes all the fixes that were reported for 0.4, and that I have been pushing to the github repo during the day.
I have included the fix for the Cursor.wav for the openelec users as well.

You can download it from the first post as usual.
reAlaska fonts might not be perfectly implemented yet, so feel free to indicate the discrepancies from the original reAlaska mods.
you're the best!
Thanks for the updates. Everything is work fine except i have this line on the top of all screens. It even show when video is playing.

Thanks
(2012-07-20, 04:55)tarff Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the updates. Everything is work fine except i have this line on the top of all screens. It even show when video is playing.

Edit addon.xml (root of the skin) and change debugging="true" to debugging="false". Reload the skin : debug message should be gone Wink
Hey Paul,

I spotted the last misformatted ReAlaska fonts for you Wink

Replace the following font with those values in the realaska section of font.xml, and it should be good :

Code:
                <font>
            <name>listAlt</name>
            <filename>RegularCaps.ttf</filename>
            <size>18</size>
        </font>

<font>
            <name>titleLow</name>
            <filename>LightCaps.ttf</filename>
            <size>24</size>
        </font>

<font>
            <name>titleSpecial</name>
            <size>32</size>

</font>
            <font>
            <name>titleSpecial2</name>
            <size>32</size>
        </font>

---

One quick question : i have no more fanart on Music OSD, default is now Artist Slideshow : when i uninstall it, i just have a blank screen, instead of fanrt. Any thoughts ?