Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, will try it later! Smile
Dear God, thank you for this skin. This thing is absolutely wonderful Big Grin

Edit: I'm trying the various features of your skin now and it's really amazing Wink

Sadly, there's one thing that bothers me: the search for subtitles menu. The menu in which you can select 'get subtitles' is always in front of the search subtitles menu. See:

Is there any way to hide this nag screen?

Thank you very much again for your great skin Wink

Marcoevich
I've never tried this feature, so I don't know for sure, but have you tried hitting 'm' to get rid of the menu?
@ Marcoevich: this doesn't happen in standart GIT version. Must be a bug specific to this mod.
(2012-09-14, 12:15)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]I've never tried this feature, so I don't know for sure, but have you tried hitting 'm' to get rid of the menu?

Yes thank you! Hitting the m worked for me Wink
UPDATE v.0.82

- Widgets on Home Screen
- Single Row List View.
- Wide Thumbnails View.
- New Default Backgrounds.
- Minimal OSD.
- Favourites Dialog with Cover and Mini Thumb.
- More opacity settings.
- Fanart view by Amelandbor.
- New Themes.
- Bug fixes.
- Possibly more I am forgetting now.

This is quite an update I guess. After working on reLoaded for some time I decided to adapt some of the new features, and changes to existing reFocus setup. And this is result. So without further ado these are some screenshots of the new features.

Widgets on Home Screen

New Wallpapers

Single Row List View

Wide Thumbnail View

Minimal OSD

New Favourites Dialog
I hope you like this new update.

The new backgrounds will be visible if no wallpaper is selected.
Additionally, you can revert to the original one, by selectiong the appropiate option the Customize Backgrounds Dialog.

The Minimal OSD is pretty handy for me as I watch plenty of tv shows and movies with subtitles. Many times, some subtitles are also shown on top, so I prefer to have the OSD as clear as possible.

The Single List Row was a request and the Wide Thumbails View is an adaptation of the existing view to make the thumbnails wider, useful for some video addons.

I added some new themes, thanks to Galefury, and previous existing ones should be now 1080 as requested.

I also added the Fanart view, though in the latest update of Amelandbor the tumb was not falling to the extrafanart folder, or to the fanart when landscape image was not found. Hopefully, he will take a look as I will not have the time these days. I will be abroad for several weeks so I don't think I will have time for adding anything new, but to fix bugs.

I also fixed some of the bugs that I have seen on the thread recently, such as the PVR OSD controls one. They should be working fine now.

Enjoy.
Paul
Awesome work!!

Tell me something, is there a way for the tv series and movies widgets to show less items with the purpose of keeping the skin lighter but keeping the widgets?
I love the new Widget! For some reason, when populating the watchedlist episodes it takes a good 30 seconds to load the items. Is it normal for it to take that long? Never an issue with xperience1080 which has a similar feature and I'm assuming uses the same script.

I have noticed that my textbox descriptions/plot in the galery view as well as in the osd are cut off at the 3rd line. While this isn't a huge deal, it isn't very pleasing aesthetically and I think it would be a good idea to maybe extend the height of those text boxes so they include the full 3rd line of text or just 2 lines. I attempted to do this myself but was not able to figure out how.

Also can't wait to see advanced launcher support!
(2012-09-15, 03:02)hughfr4nc15 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work!!

Tell me something, is there a way for the tv series and movies widgets to show less items with the purpose of keeping the skin lighter but keeping the widgets?

Sorry, there is currently no way to limit the number of items being shown in the widgets.
You would need to edit the code and make some modifications.

(2012-09-15, 07:48)wex101 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the new Widget! For some reason, when populating the watchedlist episodes it takes a good 30 seconds to load the items. Is it normal for it to take that long? Never an issue with xperience1080 which has a similar feature and I'm assuming uses the same script.

I have noticed that my textbox descriptions/plot in the galery view as well as in the osd are cut off at the 3rd line. While this isn't a huge deal, it isn't very pleasing aesthetically and I think it would be a good idea to maybe extend the height of those text boxes so they include the full 3rd line of text or just 2 lines. I attempted to do this myself but was not able to figure out how.

Also can't wait to see advanced launcher support!

How is the performance when going to the watchlish submenu under movies or tvshows?

As for the plot on the galery view or OSD, I can take a look for the next version, so that it displays only 2 lines. You will get three lines when using original or reAlasa fonts.

(2012-09-14, 11:42)Marcoevich Wrote: [ -> ]Dear God, thank you for this skin. This thing is absolutely wonderful Big Grin

Edit: I'm trying the various features of your skin now and it's really amazing Wink

Sadly, there's one thing that bothers me: the search for subtitles menu. The menu in which you can select 'get subtitles' is always in front of the search subtitles menu. See:

Is there any way to hide this nag screen?

Thank you very much again for your great skin Wink

Marcoevich

I am not getting this. It is working perfectly fine here.
I am loving the new version, it is working great. Thanks a lot for extending the support of reFocus!

Can anyone host this skin in a repo? It would help keeping up with updates and extending the skin to more users.
Hello Everyone!!!
I feel kind of stupid asking this... but I am newby on this skin (which i really love) and I don´t have a clue how to run my programs addons. On the Home menu I have Videos, Movies, Music, Pictures, Addons and Favorites. If I go to the Addons menu I can search for all my Addons intalled (included the programs ones) but i just can configure them, update them.... How can I run them?

I am sure it is really stupid thing I a missing here, but could somebody please just tell me how to do it?

By the way I am running ReFocus BIG.

Thanks a lot
(2012-09-15, 11:18)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]How is the performance when going to the watchlish submenu under movies or tvshows?

As for the plot on the galery view or OSD, I can take a look for the next version, so that it displays only 2 lines. You will get three lines when using original or reAlasa fonts.

I totally didn't think to change the fonts to the alaska ones, I will do that thank you!

Using the watchlist submenu item works at the same speed unfortunately. I went into the widget xml and limited the number that appears by just changing the number from 10 to 5 which speeds things up a little bit but it still takes a good 15 seconds to load all items. Ironically, this is not true for recently added items, they just appear instantly.

Just a quick edit: I'm noticing when using the realaska fonts not it shows 3 and part of a 4th line. Again its just a small appearance gripe as it just makes things look less clean. Using the original font fits perfect though!

(2012-09-15, 13:00)JABYG Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone!!!
I feel kind of stupid asking this... but I am newby on this skin (which i really love) and I don´t have a clue how to run my programs addons. On the Home menu I have Videos, Movies, Music, Pictures, Addons and Favorites. If I go to the Addons menu I can search for all my Addons intalled (included the programs ones) but i just can configure them, update them.... How can I run them?

I am sure it is really stupid thing I a missing here, but could somebody please just tell me how to do it?

By the way I am running ReFocus BIG.

Thanks a lot

You configure addons under settings addons
Great update with the widgets.

A few requests/suggestions

1) Can we have an option to disable the left/right bounce animation of the text and posters/thumbs?
2) Can we have an option to disable the search button/text on the homescreen?
3) Can we have an option to disable the fanart for the widget items?
4) Do we really need the text above the widgets? Might look better using that space for the item name and the space below for additional info, i.e. genre, runtime etc

Thanks!
Hi,

is it possible to use this wonderful skin under Raspberry pi?
I have downloaded your Skin but when I press "install zip" nothing happen.. :-(

Please can anybody help me?

KR
Italia