Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-08-04, 13:59)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul!
I found a little bug (version 0.7.1, but I guess it's also in 0.7.2): using gallery viewtype and switching to fullscreen fanart mode using down arrow maintains the watched/non-watched indicator visible. If you switch using the side menu, instead, everything works fine.

P.S.
I'm going to PM you my current modifications for rottentomatoes ratings in a few minutes, if you want a head start in implementing them.

Hey zeppy,

sorry I am not able to reproduce the watched/non-watched gallery behaviour.
Could you please post a screenshot?

(2012-08-04, 14:03)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I really like this most recent update.
Any chance at looking at the chapter name issue I mentioned? I have a lot of MKVs that not only have chapters, but actual names for them as well.
EDIT: Actually, I notice there's no chapter information anymore.

I removed it when adding the xperience1080 OSD.
It is back now on git, now as an optional item selected on the setting screen as usual.
I added the chapter names as well, though none of my videos have chapter names, so I cannot fully test it.

(2012-08-04, 17:04)kyotocafe Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Paul! This update is awesome!
I am so much loving the new xperience osd.

Thanks !

(2012-08-04, 17:13)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]Found a (I guess) long standing bug: avc1 codec is not recognized. I copied h.264 flag and renamed it avc1 to make it work, but clearly the texture packs should be recompiled, otherwise realaska light doesn't use the proper dark icon.

It should be fixed now on git. realaska light and dark textures have been recompiled after related change.

(2012-08-04, 18:38)wolfbiker Wrote: [ -> ]i'd still like to see dvd/bluray/hdtv source flags instead of codec flags, or at least having the option to choose. not sure how much work that would entail though.

(2012-08-04, 18:51)cedricchase Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing mod! Any chance for a "use poster.jpg" toggle for TV Show views?

I am looking on these two items.

(2012-08-04, 21:38)Silvaire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-04, 19:08)Silvaire Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thank you for the reply. So I am using the ReAlaska fontset--it works great for the home menu and settings (it actually capitalizes everything), but in the description of episodes/movies, it still has the lowercase thing going on. The ReAlaska mod has an option that correctly removes the suppression of the lowercase for that, so maybe you can either modify your ReAlaska fontset to do that also, or add another one -- I don't know if there are people out there that like the Alaska theme, but with the all-undercase-thing that Focus does. Maybe. Smile

OK, so I figured out that the 'default' fontset DOES have normal metadata descriptions, but the headers are all lowercase on the main menu or on top left of all the pages. So if you could add a fontset that just has normal capitalization for headers AND metadata, that is what is missing.

Could you please provide a screenshot of reAlaska with the desired font behaviour compared to a BIG screenshot?
I will try to implement it then.

(2012-08-04, 23:36)SarahB Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, when using the Alaska OSD, if i'm paused i seem to have lost the part where it shows what time the currently playing video finishes. I've got everything else showing as it used to, but not that. I can't see any settings i changed or what would turn that back on if i accidently (somehow) turned it off.

Very true. Clock was removed from the fullscreenvideo screen as a side effect of adding the xperience1080 adapted OSD.
It is back now on git.

(2012-08-06, 16:46)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bug in yesterdays 0.72 version. When pressing the button for the OSD, cant push up for more options (like the subtitle addon).

Works in other skins so no OE problem.

It is also fixed now on git.

(2012-08-06, 20:24)BuhSnarf Wrote: [ -> ]I am just wondering whether with "Deck" mode we can change the second description which currently shows the genre to show the next air date or status like in two banner mode.

I've modded my own local copy but it'd be nice to have it as default.

See below.

I will change this too.

I have already pushed several modifications to the xperience1080 adapted OSD.
I have also added more options related to chapters, opacity and unwatched option.
This version also includes several other bug fixes.

I will upload a new version shortly.

UPDATE 0.73
  • Changes to xperience1080 OSD.
  • Option to apply extra opacity only to media views.
  • Added chapter number and name to Video OSD.
  • Alternative unwatched icon will disable current resumable/non watched small square icons for coherence.

(2012-08-07, 01:31)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
I found a little bug (version 0.7.1, but I guess it's also in 0.7.2): using gallery viewtype and switching to fullscreen fanart mode using down arrow maintains the watched/non-watched indicator visible. If you switch using the side menu, instead, everything works fine.

P.S.
I'm going to PM you my current modifications for rottentomatoes ratings in a few minutes, if you want a head start in implementing them.

Hey zeppy,

It's not easily recognizable with a dark theme, so I used realaska light.
You should be able to notice it during the animation (once again, only if you use arrow down key).

A couple more little problems:
- using deck view and dark themes the plot of the highlighted movie is almost unreadable, since it's white text over light background
- in gallery view (strip mode) the "shade" part above and below the artwork looks like it's cut (again, it's more easily visible with light themes), as if the image was taller than the container's height
(2012-08-07, 19:00)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]

P.S.

Hey zeppy,

You should be able to notice it during the animation (once again, only if you use arrow down key).

- using deck view and dark themes the plot of the highlighted movie is almost unreadable, since it's white text over light background
- in gallery view (strip mode) the "shade" part above and below the artwork looks like it's cut (again, it's more easily visible with light themes), as if the image was taller than the container's height

I can verify this bug exists, it's been present in focus for a longtime but was never fixed, I'm sure it was mentioned a long time ago inmthe main thread, but as refocus went quiet a fix for this never appeared.

It's visible when using the standard refocus theme too Smile
I am getting a "script failed: randomitems.py" error on the 0.7.3 version whenever I open the settings screen, or - it seems - any other different section. checked with other skins and i do not get this error - and the only change i have made recently is updating to the new version of reFocus BIG.

edit: not sure if the above issue is specific to refocus BIG or just refocus mods, or what.

edit2: also - suddenly, some tv channel logos (FOX for example) are no longer showing up, whereas some are working properly. again, i have made no changes to my installation other than updating to the new refocus BIG version.

this is unacceptable. if you keep screwing this skin up, i'm just going to have to take my business elsewhere! ..obviously just kidding, thank you so much for all of your hard work and responsiveness. it blows my mind; you are awesome!
Hi,

Many thanks for the work developing this skin.

Can I make a couple of suggestions to the DialogButtonMenu.xml file. I run XBMC Openelec so someof the options have no use (e.g. quit, minimize). These can be excluded by adding a viability option of !System.IsStandalone.

I've also added a cancel shutdown timer option, set to show only if shutdown timer has been activated and an option for bringing up the file manager

<!--Quit-->
<control type="button" id="502">
<width>350</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[13009]</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(shutdownmenu)</onclick>
<onclick>XBMC.Quit()</onclick>
<include>dialog_Button-list</include>
<visible>!System.IsStandalone</visible>
</control>
<!--minimize-->
<control type="button" id="508">
<width>350</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[13014]</label>
<onclick>XBMC.Minimize()</onclick>
</control>
<!--cancel shutdown timer-->
<control type="button" id="509">
<width>350</width>
<label>Cancel Shutdown Timer</label>
<onclick>XBMC.CancelAlarm(shutdowntimer)</onclick>
<visible>System.HasAlarm(shutdowntimer)</visible>
</control>
<!--Filemanager-->
<control type="button" id="510">
<width>350</width>
<label>File Manager</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(FileManager)</onclick>
</control>

Thanks

Graham
(2012-08-07, 19:00)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]

P.S.

Hey zeppy,

I have fixed the watched/non-watched on gallery behaviour.
I have also fixed the plot on deck view. All changes have been pushed to git already.
As for the "the "shade" part above and below the artwork looks like it's cut" could you please provide a screenshot as well, I am not able to reproduce this.

(2012-08-07, 19:31)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]I can verify this bug exists, it's been present in focus for a longtime but was never fixed, I'm sure it was mentioned a long time ago inmthe main thread, but as refocus went quiet a fix for this never appeared.

It's visible when using the standard refocus theme too Smile

Hey Pat, I hope you're doing fine Smile

(2012-08-08, 01:21)cedricchase Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting a "script failed: randomitems.py" error on the 0.7.3 version whenever I open the settings screen, or - it seems - any other different section. checked with other skins and i do not get this error - and the only change i have made recently is updating to the new version of reFocus BIG.

edit: not sure if the above issue is specific to refocus BIG or just refocus mods, or what.

edit2: also - suddenly, some tv channel logos (FOX for example) are no longer showing up, whereas some are working properly. again, i have made no changes to my installation other than updating to the new refocus BIG version.

this is unacceptable. if you keep screwing this skin up, i'm just going to have to take my business elsewhere! ..obviously just kidding, thank you so much for all of your hard work and responsiveness. it blows my mind; you are awesome!

The random script is giving some errors to me too, but as far as I have debugged it, it does not seem to be related to the mod.

It looks like the script failed as it did not find any music video on my library.

Quote: File "/home/salem/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 433, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/salem/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 79, in __init__
self._fetch_musicvideo_info()
File "/home/salem/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 190, in _fetch_musicvideo_info
if json_response != None and json_response.has_key('result') and (json_response['result'].has_key('musicvideos')):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'

I fixed it by installing version 3.1.2

Also, adding a music video also stopped the error.

Please, check on the script thread for more info.

As for the logos you should see more logos with the next version.

(2012-08-08, 01:28)coleborn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Many thanks for the work developing this skin.

Can I make a couple of suggestions to the DialogButtonMenu.xml file. I run XBMC Openelec so someof the options have no use (e.g. quit, minimize). These can be excluded by adding a viability option of !System.IsStandalone.

I've also added a cancel shutdown timer option, set to show only if shutdown timer has been activated and an option for bringing up the file manager

<!--Quit-->
<control type="button" id="502">
<width>350</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[13009]</label>
<onclick>XBMC.Quit()</onclick>
</control>
<!--minimize-->
<control type="button" id="508">
<width>350</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[13014]</label>
<onclick>XBMC.Minimize()</onclick>
</control>
<!--cancel shutdown timer-->
<control type="button" id="509">
<width>350</width>
<label>Cancel Shutdown Timer</label>
<onclick>XBMC.CancelAlarm(shutdowntimer)</onclick>
<visible>System.HasAlarm(shutdowntimer)</visible>
</control>
<!--Filemanager-->
<control type="button" id="510">
<width>350</width>
<label>File Manager</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(FileManager)</onclick>
</control>

Thanks

Graham

Thanks Graham.
I have already added these changes on git. They will be included on next version.
FYI : i also updated the french strings to reflect all the recent changes made by paul, so if your language is french, grab the latest git version and everything should be translated Smile
Hey all,

Small bug for me using .073

When viewing my music library in "list view" and selecting a track from an album to listen to... The clock in the upper right hand side of the screen (the countdown clock) is frozen? The clock only changes/counts down if I move/navigate the menus etc?

This bug is not visible when the music library is replaced for movie library etc, therefore I'm assuming this bug is somehow related to dirtyregions (I use 3) ... I also use a noflip of 0.

Ps
I have started getting an almost unmanageable amount of random script errors too... It's almost making simple navigation of my xbmc box impossible. Very few seconds my screen freezes, goes dark (rinse and repeat).

What exactly is this script used for, what are its dependencies etc ... Can I just remove it/delete it without issue?

I desperately want to get this set up on my system... can anyone hit me with a link on instructions? Need the black wet up....
(2012-08-08, 13:22)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I have fixed the watched/non-watched on gallery behaviour.
I have also fixed the plot on deck view. All changes have been pushed to git already.
As for the "the "shade" part above and below the artwork looks like it's cut" could you please provide a screenshot as well, I am not able to reproduce this.

Not easily visible in this sized down screenshot, but you should be able to see it if you zoom in.

PS,I am also getting a random items.py script error with this skin, not on any other. Ideas there?
I was getting those errors when I tried Frodo nightlies, but on Eden no problems so far...
(2012-08-08, 19:33)Abrasher Wrote: [ -> ]I desperately want to get this set up on my system... can anyone hit me with a link on instructions? Need the black wet up....

Check the first post in this thread, click on the ZIP and install.
Ha...I have OF COURSE done that... I have gone through settings, I see no where to activate color schemes.