Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-22, 14:13)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to resolve the cache issue today but now i have a new problem after the flush when you change channel it defaults back to sky one. I can fix this but only at the moment by making an individual exe for each channel ID.

i used a simple killtask /im skygo.exe /f

then the flush code then relaunch the exe
so i have 2 exes skygorun.exe and skygo.exe
the skygo flushes and kills any existing skygo program and then flushes again and launches the skgorun.exe which runs and takes me to sky one.

need a way to make it hold the channel number

Mike

Awesome work Mike.

So the channel argument applied to skygo.exe needs to be passed from the skygo.exe to skygorun.exe?

My basic understanding of this - the argument is applied to first exe then passed to second when launched.

If you use this to launch skygorun within the skygo.exe it should pass the argument applied to skygo.exe

system("skygorun.exe arg1");
Syborg, are you still getting the script error. I seem to be getting it more and more?

Oh, and 2 more small things too.
Recently, when clicking on a channel, the screen focuses back onto the channel listings, but i can hear skygo running in the background. I havent changed anything so no idea why thats happening.
Also, sky sports news still not working, screen just goes black for a second, then reappears again.
Have you had any of these probs Syborg?
is skygo still working for everyone Huh??
Yes why?
its ok stupid kids, told me it wasnt working i checked sky one and nicolodeon lol and they didnt work then thought to myself its a public screening and it was restricted. all other channels work ok..

cheers !

silly me :O)
(2013-03-24, 17:53)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Syborg, are you still getting the script error. I seem to be getting it more and more?

Oh, and 2 more small things too.
Recently, when clicking on a channel, the screen focuses back onto the channel listings, but i can hear skygo running in the background. I havent changed anything so no idea why thats happening.
Also, sky sports news still not working, screen just goes black for a second, then reappears again.
Have you had any of these probs Syborg?

Hey, no not had a script issue since the first day. Unless my gf is getting them and not telling me when Im not about?!
Have you looked at your IE settings to see if there anything in there you can change that could help? Maybe the security settings?

The focus issue is strange especially if you haven't changed anything. Might be to do with the deleting of the temp files.

Sky sports news work fine at my end. I can't replicate what's happening.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
Hi Syborg, Im unsure on what settings in IE regarding security. The script error is a jQuery is undefined

whatever that means lol Smile
(2013-03-24, 22:46)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Syborg, Im unsure on what settings in IE regarding security. The script error is a jQuery is undefined

whatever that means lol Smile

I'll have a look when I get home at the settings and see if there is anything that might help.

Well whatever the cache is is now on my main machine - so I have had to swap the cache issue settings. I have sometime today so will be able to do some testing and see what I come up with.
(2013-03-22, 16:48)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-22, 14:13)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to resolve the cache issue today but now i have a new problem after the flush when you change channel it defaults back to sky one. I can fix this but only at the moment by making an individual exe for each channel ID.

i used a simple killtask /im skygo.exe /f

then the flush code then relaunch the exe
so i have 2 exes skygorun.exe and skygo.exe
the skygo flushes and kills any existing skygo program and then flushes again and launches the skgorun.exe which runs and takes me to sky one.

need a way to make it hold the channel number

Mike

Awesome work Mike.

So the channel argument applied to skygo.exe needs to be passed from the skygo.exe to skygorun.exe?

My basic understanding of this - the argument is applied to first exe then passed to second when launched.

If you use this to launch skygorun within the skygo.exe it should pass the argument applied to skygo.exe

system("skygorun.exe arg1");

Hey Mike,

was this any use?
Hi , i am still playing with the exe il let you know later :O)
Quick update - with my testing this morning I was getting annoyed with the deleting temp file dialog popping up so with a little searching I found a little program that will do it silently.

This is better solve to the cache issue it seems to only delete the cache but actually leaves the cookies and temp files alone meaning that you should still have your logins etc. I am still this to confirm but it looks a better solution than the previous one.

You need to replace your skygocache.bat with a new one and put cleanIETempfiles.exe in you C:\

It is set to run minimized so it shouldnt appear when you change channels

I have updated the original guide but here are the files too.

(New) Skygocache.bat - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/skygocache.bat
CleanIETempFiles.exe - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/CleanIETempFiles.exe
Looking good Syborg. Still getting this script error though, took me 4 attempts to log in, after that, its logged in 5 times in a row so it seems to be a random thing.
I, i have managed to install the skygo plugin but can only use sky one, when i press enter on my remote there is only the option to use sky one, any help welcome, great plugin :>
(2013-03-25, 20:45)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]I, i have managed to install the skygo plugin but can only use sky one, when i press enter on my remote there is only the option to use sky one, any help welcome, great plugin :>

Hi , and thanks, if you go back to the beginning there are instructions on how to make it work within xbmc, or if you want to use it standalone then its keyboard only. Pressing the number 5 key brings up the menu.

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Credit To: PLeng Coding and Syborg EPG Intergration
(2013-03-25, 22:17)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 20:45)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]I, i have managed to install the skygo plugin but can only use sky one, when i press enter on my remote there is only the option to use sky one, any help welcome, great plugin :>

Hi , and thanks, if you go back to the beginning there are instructions on how to make it work within xbmc, or if you want to use it standalone then its keyboard only. Pressing the number 5 key brings up the menu.

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Got it working thanks, uninstalled everythin and started again, its the best plug in be far in my opinion, the only prob is when I close sky go within xbmc it goes back to my desktop and not xbmc? Still working on it Smile

(2013-03-25, 22:17)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Got it working thanks, uninstalled everythin and started again, its the best plug in be far in my opinion, the only prob is when I close sky go within xbmc it goes back to my desktop and not xbmc? Still working on it Smile