Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-05, 09:33)Natronch Wrote: [ -> ]xbmclogs.com did not seem to work. Therefore here:

http://pastebin.com/Cfzpbuhf

This line from my point of view is strange:
PVRChannelGroupInternal - AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'Channel 0'

There is no such "Channel 0" in the mythtv database.
There are some recordings which do not have a channel anymore. Maybe it is related to this?

It could ! The error was triggered by xbmc_pvr itself and not the addon. But how it is possible to have recordings without chanid ? (0 or null). The fields chanid and starttime are required as key in the database. So you have a data corruption ! Should you clean your database by removing them or assign an existing channel id ?

(2014-08-05, 11:59)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Live TV has no audio on DVB-T2 channels using AAC/LATM audio encoding with "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS". This is UK Freeview HD standard.

Log file is http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=261339

Mike

Interesting... Until today i never catch a stream using this famous AAC/LATM, so never tested. Here i have only mpeg2-audio, AAC, AC3 or AC3-DTS. I will try to get a cutting of this stream to handle it.
Already tried that. Deleted all livetv recordings and moved the remaining recordings into a backup table. The problem still persists. Where else, yould this "Channel 0" come from. I already tried to debug into it. But do not have more information yet.
(2014-08-05, 11:59)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Live TV has no audio on DVB-T2 channels using AAC/LATM audio encoding with "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS". This is UK Freeview HD standard.

Mike

I pushed a commit to handle the codec aac_latm. Could you try it ?
I haven't kept up with testing this pvr addon, although I am subscribed to this thread and watching with interest.

I just wanted to say that AAC/LATM is also the standard here in New Zealand on Freeview, which is about the only place to get TV unless you have Sky. Many channels also come with a AC3 audio track, which is the one I normally use. However others just seem to have the AAC/LATM track. If you want a sample at all let me know.
(2014-08-06, 00:13)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't kept up with testing this pvr addon, although I am subscribed to this thread and watching with interest.

I just wanted to say that AAC/LATM is also the standard here in New Zealand on Freeview, which is about the only place to get TV unless . Many channels also come with a AC3 audio track, which is the one I normally use. However others just seem to have the AAC/LATM track. If you want a sample at all let me know.

Thanks nickr ! I just found one on the web and tried my patched demux with it. Now i can detect latm by parsing and then update stream type from 'aac' to 'aac_latm' and feedback to player. I think it is resolved with that, but can't check end-to-end playing a real live stream !

EDIT: When you have time you could try it to confirm it is okay now in New Zealand ? Hopefully
Will test it when I get a moment. Cheers for thie hard work.
(2014-08-05, 22:46)Natronch Wrote: [ -> ]Already tried that. Deleted all livetv recordings and moved the remaining recordings into a backup table. The problem still persists. Where else, yould this "Channel 0" come from. I already tried to debug into it. But do not have more information yet.

You could try to get the full list of your channels using:

Code:
http://localhost:6544/Channel/GetChannelInfoList?Details=false

Replacing 'locahost' by ip or your backend.

Then check the result for "<ChanId></ChanId>" or "<ChanId>0</ChanId>" or something invalid.

EDIT: If nothing weird found, i could add a check for channel with id 0 and then log a warning before trash it. That will help to debug.
(2014-08-01, 21:50)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Problem solved, channel changing and pixellation issues are gone.

I set "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS" in Advanced Options in mythtv pvr addon and restarted xbmc.

I suggest anyone else with pixellation issues tries this. It may well cure the problem.

Mike

That did it! Thanks Mike.

janbar, thanks for the background on this option. I'm using a Ceton Infinitv6 ETH to capture and encode.
(2014-08-03, 03:35)JasonPell Wrote: [ -> ]Mark as watched does not work on the latest plugin version compiled from git. Nor does it work on the latest ppa either.

What is this "mark as watched" you speak of? All kidding aside, I think I found the keyboard equivilent is the 'w' key which toggles watch/unwatched. Is there a place on the UI that I can navigate to to mark a recording as watched? I'd like to use the XBMCremote on an iPhone if possible.

Thanks.
go to the recording in the recordings list (just like you were going to watch it), hit the context menu and voila.
(2014-08-05, 23:59)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]

Mike

I pushed a commit to handle the codec aac_latm. Could you try it ?

Still no audio, xbmc debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=261992

Sample recorded file is here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkp66lgebvxt70...082201.mpg

Mike
(2014-08-06, 00:43)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-05, 22:46)Natronch Wrote: [ -> ]Already tried that. Deleted all livetv recordings and moved the remaining recordings into a backup table. The problem still persists. Where else, yould this "Channel 0" come from. I already tried to debug into it. But do not have more information yet.

Code:

Then check the result for "<ChanId></ChanId>" or "<ChanId>0</ChanId>" or something invalid.

EDIT: If nothing weird found, i could add a check for channel with id 0 and then log a warning before trash it. That will help to debug.

Ok, it does not seem to be on xbmc side. I did some more debugging:

Code:
GET /Channel/GetChannelInfoList?SourceID=%31&StartIndex=%30&Count=%31%30%30 HTTP/1.1

This request returns a bunch of channels with id 0, but these channels do not contain any information and are not stored in the mythtv database. No clue where the come from. Probably a bug in mythtv.
Here a sample of such a channel:

Code:
<ChannelInfo><ChanId>0</ChanId><ChanNum></ChanNum><CallSign></CallSign><IconURL></IconURL><ChannelName></ChannelName><MplexId>0</MplexId><TransportId>0</TransportId><ServiceId>0</ServiceId><NetworkId>0</NetworkId><ATSCMajorChan>0</ATSCMajorChan><ATSCMinorChan>0</ATSCMinorChan><Format></Format><Modulation></Modulation><Frequency>0</Frequency><FrequencyId></FrequencyId><FrequencyTable></FrequencyTable><FineTune>0</FineTune><SIStandard></SIStandard><ChanFilters></ChanFilters><SourceId>0</SourceId><InputId>0</InputId><CommFree>0</CommFree><UseEIT>false</UseEIT><Visible>true</Visible><XMLTVID></XMLTVID><DefaultAuth></DefaultAuth><Programs/></ChannelInfo>

I therefore suggest adding the following patch to filter out these channels.

Code:
diff --git a/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp b/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
index bf100fc..9f11df8 100644
--- a/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
+++ b/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
@@ -747,8 +747,12 @@ ChannelListPtr WSAPI::GetChannelList75(uint32_t sourceid, bool onlyVisible)
       ChannelPtr channel(new Channel());  // Using default constructor
       // Bind the new channel
       MythJSON::BindObject(chan, channel.get(), bindchan);
-      if (!onlyVisible || channel->visible)
-        ret->push_back(channel);
+      if (channel->chanId == 0) {
+        DBG(MYTH_DBG_WARN, "%s: Got channel with 0 id",__FUNCTION__);
+      } else {
+        if ((!onlyVisible || channel->visible))
+          ret->push_back(channel);
+      }
     }
     DBG(MYTH_DBG_DEBUG, "%s: received count(%d)\n", __FUNCTION__, count);
     req_index += count; // Set next requested index
@@ -825,7 +829,11 @@ ChannelListPtr WSAPI::GetChannelList82(uint32_t sourceid, bool onlyVisible)
       // Bind the new channel
-      ret->push_back(channel);
+      } else {
+        ret->push_back(channel);
+      }
     }
(2014-08-06, 13:50)Natronch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-06, 00:43)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Ok, it does not seem to be on xbmc side. I did some more debugging:

Code:
GET /Channel/GetChannelInfoList?SourceID=%31&StartIndex=%30&Count=%31%30%30 HTTP/1.1

This request returns a bunch of channels with id 0, but these channels do not contain any information and are not stored in the mythtv database. No clue where the come from. Probably a bug in mythtv.
Here a sample of such a channel:

Code:
<ChannelInfo><ChanId>0</ChanId><ChanNum></ChanNum><CallSign></CallSign><IconURL></IconURL><ChannelName></ChannelName><MplexId>0</MplexId><TransportId>0</TransportId><ServiceId>0</ServiceId><NetworkId>0</NetworkId><ATSCMajorChan>0</ATSCMajorChan><ATSCMinorChan>0</ATSCMinorChan><Format></Format><Modulation></Modulation><Frequency>0</Frequency><FrequencyId></FrequencyId><FrequencyTable></FrequencyTable><FineTune>0</FineTune><SIStandard></SIStandard><ChanFilters></ChanFilters><SourceId>0</SourceId><InputId>0</InputId><CommFree>0</CommFree><UseEIT>false</UseEIT><Visible>true</Visible><XMLTVID></XMLTVID><DefaultAuth></DefaultAuth><Programs/></ChannelInfo>

I therefore suggest adding the following patch to filter out these channels.

Code:
diff --git a/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp b/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
index bf100fc..9f11df8 100644
--- a/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
+++ b/lib/cppmyth/cppmyth/src/mythwsapi.cpp
@@ -747,8 +747,12 @@ ChannelListPtr WSAPI::GetChannelList75(uint32_t sourceid, bool onlyVisible)
       // Bind the new channel
-      if (!onlyVisible || channel->visible)
-        ret->push_back(channel);
+      } else {
+        if ((!onlyVisible || channel->visible))
+          ret->push_back(channel);
+      }
     }
@@ -825,7 +829,11 @@ ChannelListPtr WSAPI::GetChannelList82(uint32_t sourceid, bool onlyVisible)
       // Bind the new channel
-      ret->push_back(channel);
+      } else {
+        ret->push_back(channel);
+      }
     }

Thanks. Probably there is something weird in the database. Anyway i pushed the update with your filter.
I am the one to thank Smile

Other thinks which are not yet working for me:
- Channel logos (xbmc crashes if i enable them Smile)
- Radio channels (they are not listed)
- On at least one HD channel, your internal demuxer causes lags (there I will try to provide you some additional information)

Are some of these already know to you? Else, I will give try to finde the problem.
(2014-08-03, 13:32)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-03, 12:49)JasonPell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I used the mythbuntu 0.28 ppa and installed

0.28.0~master.20140803.b3e1e21-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1

Do you know is comskip works with this addon and 0.28?

comskip for "constant frame rate" stream (MPEG-TS) will be ready soon. For instance I am testing a solution without backend helper. I let you know.