Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-27, 14:27)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 12:16)bavoV Wrote: [ -> ]I tryed to compile the add-on from source for arch arm V7 with cmake and make.
I compiled te jarvis build tree.
clone xbmc
clone pvr
cmake
make

All as instructed on your github.
That went all well.

But when I try to install the zip. It gives an error.

How did you try and install the zip file ?

If you tried using Kodi install from zip, there was (maybe still is) a problem that it did not always work.

Try this instead:

copy zip file to .kodi/addons/ folder
unzip the zip file (e.g. unzip -o <zip filename>)
restart Kodi

Mike

It worked! Only downside is that the github instructions are not completly correct. You have to adjust the directories in "CMAKE ..." to your situation.
I'm having problem with LiveTV. I don't know when it started but LiveTV is almost impossible to use as it is now. Sometimes I can only watch a few minutes before the buffer circle shows up, always shows 0 and I need to restart LiveTV to continue watching. Watching recordings is not a problem, works perfect.

Here is a log where it happens 3-4 times, during just a couple of minutes.

http://sprunge.us/iYUj

I've tried with both the internal demuxer turned on and off, no difference.
@raptorjr , the issue isn't the addon. The addon doesn't make a difference from recorded stream or live stream: that's the same call from the backend to upload the stream.
Kodi makes a difference and has a dedicated player for live stream. I know to have trouble with live playback using wifi network because the player want read ahead every time. Issue look like the same as yours. If you want something working, prefer use Kodi Krypton instead the alpha release. Last week some commits fix audio sync at channel open/change and that works well with wired network. I didn't try alpha release at the moment.
(2017-02-01, 17:53)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problem with LiveTV. I don't know when it started but LiveTV is almost impossible to use as it is now. Sometimes I can only watch a few minutes before the buffer circle shows up, always shows 0 and I need to restart LiveTV to continue watching. Watching recordings is not a problem, works perfect.

Here is a log where it happens 3-4 times, during just a couple of minutes.

http://sprunge.us/iYUj

I've tried with both the internal demuxer turned on and off, no difference.

I am running the same version as you (LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170131210404-#0131-g439b086 [Build #0131]) over wifi with no problems (MythTV Version : v29-pre-289-g783d36a-dirty, which is a little more up to date than yours, although I doubt updating will make any difference)

However, as Janbar indicates wifi can be problematic with Live TV as it relies on a continuous stream from the mythbackend.

If when going into Live TV does pausing for say 10 seconds help (this will allow the Kodi buffers to fill up) ?

Changing wifi channel on your Router may help if there are many wifi networks in your area, particularly if they are on the same channel.

Mike
I will have to try and find a workaround, but it is hard for the family to remember and pause every time they switch channel (if that should help, will try) Since recordings does work there should be enough speed in my Wifi. Would be nice if the LiveTV player was a little bit more forgiving, or maybe possible to change a setting and automatic let it buffer for a second or something when starting.

Not always possible to have wired connection to everything.
Pausing doesn't help.

Is there any work going on with this problem about the LiveTV player? A open ticket or something. Would be fun to follow the progress.

Besides LiveTV not being very useful now, it have never been very friendly to ff/rew or skip in paused LiveTV.
MythTV backend, v0.28 (I think), running on Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian (Jessie). Purchased MPEG-2 Codec is installed.

On Android, Kodi 17 Krypton will playback live TV flawlessly on phone / tablet, if I ask it to
a) disable subtitles
and
b) turn off deinterlacing.

Windows 10, Kodi 17 Krypton will playback live TV flawlessly for most channels. However, some channels will simply display a frame and not advance. No audio playback, either. What is different about these problematic channels is that I'm
a) not given an option to modify a Deinterlace method (greyed out),
and
b) there's a long, long list of Video scaling options (variants of Lanczos, Spline, etc.)

WORKAROUND... Windows 10, Kodi 17 Krypton, if I ask MythTV to record one of the problematic channels, then, navigate to Recordings & ask Kodi to
a) Allow passthrough audio,
and
b) (and, interestingly, I am allowed to) set Deinterlace to DXVA
and
c) Video scaling to Auto,
playback is great!

Any ideas?

Sure, I suppose that I can live with using recording as workaround. However, I would prefer to have Live TV work for all channels.

Thank you!

Burkert

PS - Oh, I haven't tried Kodi 17 on a Linux client, yet. Just been lazy is all. If I had to guess, will likely work just as perfectly as Android. But, I may be surprised, time will tell!
Janbar,
I started having an issue with commercial skips on my main Libreelec system, which is an Intel build, after upgrading to the Krypton beta's. The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet. I have several Raspberry devices on other TV's in the house running Krypton beta that don't have the problem. The system having the problem has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card. I though that may be the problem, but after removing that and switching to the onboard Intel GPU, the problem still exists. As a last resort, I backed up everything and did a clean install. It still hangs up at commercials. I turned on debug in both the pvr.mythtv addon and Kodi after the clean install. If you have a chance, can you please look at the log and see if you can figure out whats causing the error? The first commercial skip in the program begins at 18:39:37 in the log. Play back is fine until that time. The video remains a black screen until around 18:42:59 when I get some flashes of video on the screen and by 18:43:08 I have video and audio back in sync. I have no problems with recorded videos other than the commercial skip on that one system (which has been working fine for over a year). The log is located here - http://sprunge.us/ShCL .

Thanks
(2017-02-08, 02:48)Chessie Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar,
The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet.

I have the same problem with a couple of Raspberry Pi 2 running OSMC and Kodi Kryton.
(2017-02-09, 06:29)frank.grant Wrote: [ -> ]
The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet.

I have the same problem with a couple of Raspberry Pi 2 running OSMC and Kodi Kryton.

I have the same problem on Shield TV running Krypton w/ a MythTV 0.28.1 on Ubuntu connected via ethernet. I can provide a log as needed.
(2017-02-07, 23:16)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]@janbar Could you have a look at this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2519199

I pushed a workaround to disable dialog if playing: version 4.13.1. But I never seen the issue here. Your hardware is probably overloaded, and kodi schedules to set the recording in late. Here the watched status is set immediately after show is terminated.
I started having an issue with commercial skips on my main Libreelec system, which is an Intel build, after upgrading to the Krypton beta's. The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet. I have several Raspberry devices on other TV's in the house running Krypton beta that don't have the problem. The system having the problem has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card. I though that may be the problem, but after removing that and switching to the onboard Intel GPU, the problem still exists. As a last resort, I backed up everything and did a clean install. It still hangs up at commercials. I turned on debug in both the pvr.mythtv addon and Kodi after the clean install. If you have a chance, can you please look at the log and see if you can figure out whats causing the error? The first commercial skip in the program begins at 18:39:37 in the log. Play back is fine until that time. The video remains a black screen until around 18:42:59 when I get some flashes of video on the screen and by 18:43:08 I have video and audio back in sync. I have no problems with recorded videos other than the commercial skip on that one system (which has been working fine for over a year). The log is located here - http://sprunge.us/ShCL .

Thanks
That's an issue from the player.
(2017-02-10, 20:59)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 23:16)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]@janbar Could you have a look at this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2519199

I pushed a workaround to disable dialog if playing: version 4.13.1. But I never seen the issue here. Your hardware is probably overloaded, and kodi schedules to set the recording in late. Here the watched status is set immediately after show is terminated.

A Pi3 should be able to handle that? Not the fastest machine in the world, but how much power is needed for that? And my backend doesn't do much, about 5-10% load.

But even so, unrelated to when the watched status is set. This bug was also triggered if you manually set a recording to watched and then played it.

I will try the new version. Thank you.
@raptorjr Ah, okay. Now I anderstand the case. So the workaround should fix it for this context. And so your PI is not overloaded.

EDIT: @raptorjr , I re read the story of the issue, and really that's strange. The dialog should be forked only when kodi set the watched status. If your manually set "watched" status then the dialog should show immediately. Not when your start playing the recording or what other.