Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-22, 20:37)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Probably your mythtv setup uses IPv6 addresses but you haven't IPv6 infrastructure => remove IPv6 addresses in your mythtv setup, replacing with "::1".
Any IPv6 addresses look like "FE80:..." are not usable outside the backend host.

EDIT: I will add a note in the new github io page to help user to configure its backend. You haven't this issue using mythfront because it runs in the same host of its backend.

In addition to the IPv6 change, I had to remove the checkmark next to Listen on Link-Local addresses.
Hi,

I have Kodi (Android, most current available) installed on a WeTek Play with the mythtv.pvr addon. Backend is MythTV 0.27 -> v0.27.4-41-gf1115fc. Everything seems to be working well, video is smooth, audio is there, etc. However, on 3 of my channels (LiveTV or Recordings), all of which happend to be 720p channels, the audio drifts out of sync with the video. It typically starts out in sync, then slowly gets further and further ahead of the video to the point where it is literally almost a minute or two ahead. I am new to using Kodi as a Myth frontend, so can anyone help me start troubleshooting this? I have tried different settings in the system settings with no luck.

Thanks!
Hi Jean-Luc,

I'm using openelec 4.2.1 with cmyth plugin v 1.9.16 as a frontend for my MythTV backend running on FreeBSD.

So far so good.

I'm thinking about upgrading to openelec 5 - which uses the newer version of MythTV plugin - 1.11.3

The problem is with character encoding (I live in Czech Republic) in the entire EPG. See attached screenshots. I also tested this behavior on Windows+xbmc/kodi combinations - it's the same.

Would you be so kind and give me some advice where to look to resolve this?

Many thanks

Regards

Michael

(2015-03-10, 15:06)pashdown Wrote: [ -> ]Is commercial-skipping/EDL working properly for anyone? On a show that otherwise plays back fine perfectly on mythtv-frontend, the dialog doesn't appear (when I have skipping set to "dialog") and the skip happens in the wrong place. Much later than it should.

I wonder this myself. I sure wish that the automatic commercial skipping could be disabled since commercial detection is less than accurate on most US programming, particularly toward the end of the show. With EDL enabled, Kodi skips right past the end of the show, dropping back to the show list. It's maddening. Further, if you do decide to skip back, sometimes it will skip back to the mark, other times it will use the 10 minute default jump. Yes, I read about that three second grace period to recover from an automatic skip; but what if I didn't click it in time? What if I change my mind and want to go forward to the mark? There seems to be no rhyme or reason. It would seem to me that if there are scene markers present, that only those should be used for jumps, like on DVDs.

It's sooooo close to being usable enough to replace Mythfrontend, except for this behavior. I've been trying XBMC/Kodi on and off for the last three years, and the DVR integration was always the deal breaker for my wife and family. But with the new Myth add-on and newer Kodi, it's so much better than it was, but still not quite there.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled by the Mythfrontend default behavior of commercial skipping, which seems the most sane and predictable (read: family-friendly). It does not auto-skip by default, it can be invoked by simply hitting a button (oddly down by default, but i change mine to up for skip forward and down for skip backward), skipping to the next commercial marker. If no more commercial markers exist, Myth refuses to skip, saying it will be skipping past the end (this is a good thing!). I never miss the ends of a show this way. I would love to see this behavior in Kodi.

Recommendations (options to allow Kodi behave more like Mythfrontend):
  1. Option to disable auto commskip
  2. Separate keymap options for "Next Chapter" and "Previous Chapter" (i.e. not combined with the Big Step Forward/Backward)
  3. Don't skip when there are no more marks
Hey all,

Really appreciate this project! Thank you to OP.

I recently switched from XBMC Gotham running on Windows 8.1 using included MythTV PVR plugin, first to Kodi helix 14.1 on Windows (using built in MythTV PVR plugin)

Immediately I started having random channel freezes during live tv watching (which scare the crap out of me, as I am on a plasma, and people in my household leave the TV on and don't look at it, sometimes for hours)

I had planned on switching to a linux base anyway, so as part of troubleshooting this, I went for a Ubuntu 14.04 install, and installed the latest Kodi and Mythtv plugin from the stable PPA.

Still having the same issue.

Surprisingly the freezes are VERY rare on HD channels (I can go weeks without seeing one), but happen regularly (every hour or so) on the only SD channel we watch (Globo Internacional on Verizon FiOS, a Brazilian channel I subscribe to for my Brazilian fiancee)

At first I suspected a signal problem, as the channel sometimes has poor quality, but using the official MythTV frontend makes the problem go away.

Backend is a MythBuntu install on an ESXi server, assigned 4x 2.25Ghz Xeon cores and 4GB of RAM. Tuner is an external Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth, via Ethernet and a Verizon cable card, which is fully validated.

LiveTV writes to a local backend SSD in order to avoid any performance issues.

I suspect the new MythTV PVR plugin is the issue, as with the same setup this never happened in Gotham or with the official MythTV client.

The freezes happen on both HTPC's in the house with very different hardware, which excludes a hardware problem. Both are - however - on Ubuntu 14.04.

One fronted is an AMD Kaveri A10-7850K with 8gigs of RAM using built in GPU
Other is AMD Zacate E-350 with 8GB of RAM using GeForce 630GT GPU

Anyone have any suggestions of what I might try?
My test computer runs Kodi nightly and I noticed recently after it up graded to 15.1 that the PVR manager broke.
Log file:http://pastebin.com/eNvJp9ec
It wasn't a big deal until today after noticing that 15.1 has been pushed into unstable. This broke several of my other boxes that use unstable. I can convert them all to Kodi stable but wondered if there is an easy fix. I am using Myth PVR Client 1.12.11
(2015-03-28, 11:42)myso Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is with character encoding (I live in Czech Republic) in the entire EPG. See attached screenshots. I also tested this behavior on Windows+xbmc/kodi combinations - it's the same.

I have not done this myself, but I believe you have to configure character encoding to the required character set in the backend.
(2015-04-02, 20:26)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-28, 11:42)myso Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is with character encoding (I live in Czech Republic) in the entire EPG. See attached screenshots. I also tested this behavior on Windows+xbmc/kodi combinations - it's the same.

I have not done this myself, but I believe you have to configure character encoding to the required character set in the backend.
Yes, you have to setup your backend using utf8 collation in mysql and utf8 encoding in system. I explain how to above in the same thread. That was a requirement from mythtv wiki.
Great news: mythtv team has merged my proposal to update services API to allow commbreak and cutlist query by time/duration. Soon commercial skip issues will be fully resolved even with variable framerate.
That's excellent. Do you have any sense of when 0.28 might go stable? It seems to be languishing at pre-alpha.
(2015-04-02, 21:06)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Great news: mythtv team has merged my proposal to update services API to allow commbreak and cutlist query by time/duration. Soon commercial skip issues will be fully resolved even with variable framerate.

Well done!
Does anyone know how to change the Recording Group or Recording Priority in the Myth PVR addon?

We're starting to use this quite heavily now and our son has just figured out how to set stuff to record through kodi on our TV. That would be fine, except that kodi sets the recording priority to '50' whereas the MythWeb interface (what we use) sets it to 0 by default. This means that all our son's TV gets recorded in preference to our stuff (not what we want!).

It'd be handy if we could set the default proiority when recording through kodi to be -1 (or any value we can set really) and also to change the Myth "Recording Group" to "Kids" or something like that to make it easier for him to find his stuff.

Thanks.
Hello,

What is the recommended way to update this addon? The included version that comes with Kodi 14.2 is not the latest.

Thx
(2015-04-04, 16:54)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

What is the recommended way to update this addon? The included version that comes with Kodi 14.2 is not the latest.

Thx

http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
Hi,
I am using the latest version of this add-on from "* doityourself e42e9b1", It works fine with myth [v0.28-pre-2693-gc4ed359]. Now when I try to use it with the latest version [v0.28-pre-2811-ga9e8f44]. All the EPG listings are the same. They all get set to the same listings as the first channel displayed. I looked a bit through the change log for mythtv and I noticed there have been some changes to the GetProgramGuide API. This all happens from March 25 to 30'th 2015. Could this be the reason why the I am having this issue ? An example of one change log is below:

commit 05647132c2285a6d58e9afe7318f2bc50a14e3aa
Author: Stuart Morgan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri Mar 27 17:49:43 2015 +0000

Services API: Fix a logical issue with GetProgramGuide

GetProgramGuide took an argument - StartChanId but since the list of
channels is sorted by the Channel Number, and not it's ID this made no
sense. This meant there was no way of restricting the results to just
a subset (page) of the guide.

So to address this issue, and make GetProgramGuide consistent with
other service API methods StartChanId has been replaced with
StartIndex, and NumChannels has been replaced with Count.

'TotalAvailable' is included in the results, but for now it will only
contain zero. A fix for this will be committed soon, I hope.

Unfortunately, the changes to make this necessary have negated the
earlier performance improvements. Fetching the complete guide is now
25-50% slower than it was before this commit, this is obviously not
acceptable and I'm trying a variety of approaches to get performance
back at least to where it was. On the other hand, since data can now
be fetched in ranges, perceived loading time can be reduced by
backgrounding the loading of most of the guide.