Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-08, 20:15)thefuzz4 Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious as I too run in master (I'll be stopping that after .28 is released) I got my Kodi PCs updated with the latest plugin however for my android devices they're not able to connect to the backend right now. Is there an easy method for updating the plugin or do you just need to wait for the new version to be released?

There is no way just to update the pvr.mythtv addon on Android.

You can :
a) build whatever version of Kodi Android for yourself from source - this is a real pain and takes hours on powerfull pc.

or

b) use the Kodi Android daily builds (which should have the latest version of pvr.mythtv addon supporting mythtv master protocols). Note that the current daily builds are for Kodi Jarvis, . Nightly builds for Android can be found here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/

I just installed kodi-20160106-94a1b98-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk and this does work with current mythtv backend master.

Mike
Thanks @MikeB2013 I'll give that a whirl.
I noticed that these are still at 2.8.4 and my Windows Isengard is failing with protocol mismatch against a 0.28-pre/Mythbuntu-14.0.1 backend. The Kodi instance on the Mythbuntu backend is working fine with 2.8.5 from the PPA.

Thanks in advance, apologies for the original mis-post in the parent forum.
Prebuilt versions of the add-on are available at janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv
Apparently, MythTV 0.28 is (seriously) now at RC1 and is expected to go stable on February 1. Surprising, as it looked like it has been pre-alpha since 2013.
Good things take time.
Please point me in the right direction if this post is in the wrong forum.

I have 2 HDHomerun tuners.

They are discovered correctly by mythbackend, and I have set all four up.

I can monitor their status using their own built-in web app, so I know if they've been "tuned" to a channel, or are idle, or are locked.

I realize from other forums that mythbackend does not "lock and unlock" the tuners, and that is unfortunate (I believe but can't confirm that V28 of mythtv is addressing this).

What I'm seeing is this:

- pvr.mythtv will only tune the first tuner on each HD Homerun device (each has 2, xxx-0 and xxx-1) I only see xxx-0 and yyy-0 get tuned (first on each physical device)

- if xxx-0 and yyy-0 are locked by WMC for example (the first tuner on each unit) pvr.mythtv fails to tune with "channel unavailable", xxx-1 and yyy-1 are not tried

- if I start three record sessions, one on xxx-0, one on yyy-0, and then a third (which due to the issues I describe above I did not expect to work), I get no error from kodi. It just silently fails to do anything.

Has anyone got the HDhomerun working correctly with 2 tuners per unit?

What am I doing wrong?

Has anyone tried V28 of the backend with regards to the locking / unlocking implementation?

Thanks again,
HDMan
(2016-01-14, 16:39)HDMan Wrote: [ -> ]Please point me in the right direction if this post is in the wrong forum.

I can monitor their status using their own built-in web app, so I know if they've been "tuned" to a channel, or are idle, or are locked.

I realize from other forums that mythbackend does not "lock and unlock" the tuners, and that is unfortunate (I believe but can't confirm that V28 of mythtv is addressing this).

What I'm seeing is this:

- pvr.mythtv will only tune the first tuner on each HD Homerun device (each has 2, xxx-0 and xxx-1) I only see xxx-0 and yyy-0 get tuned (first on each physical device)

- if xxx-0 and yyy-0 are locked by WMC for example (the first tuner on each unit) pvr.mythtv fails to tune with "channel unavailable", xxx-1 and yyy-1 are not tried

- if I start three record sessions, one on xxx-0, one on yyy-0, and then a third (which due to the issues I describe above I did not expect to work), I get no error from kodi. It just silently fails to do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Has anyone tried V28 of the backend with regards to the locking / unlocking implementation?

Thanks again,
HDMan

Disclaimer : I know nothing about HD Homerun tuners!

mythtv.pvr addon Advanced tab has an option "Limit channel tuning attempts" try deselecting this and restart Kodi.

The default is that the first tuner reported by the mythtv backend is used, if it fails for any reason, you get the "channel unavailable" message. By deselecting this option ALL tuners reported by the mythtv backend are tried.

Mike
Mike: Thank you.
That seem like the right knob. I will try this tonight and report back. Thanks!
(2016-01-13, 02:50)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Prebuilt versions of the add-on are available at janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv

That is where I checked. The PPA's and OE builds are at 2.8.5 while the windows and OSX are still at 2.8.4 as mentioned in my OP.
(2016-01-14, 22:30)StrvnMrvn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-13, 02:50)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Prebuilt versions of the add-on are available at janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv

That is where I checked. The PPA's and OE builds are at 2.8.5 while the windows and OSX are still at 2.8.4 as mentioned in my OP.

@janbar any possibility of updating Windows and OSX

Mike
(2016-01-14, 16:39)HDMan Wrote: [ -> ]Please point me in the right direction if this post is in the wrong forum.

What I'm seeing is this:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again,
HDMan
Why are you using WMC and mythbackend?

Really though, this is a mythtv question, try mythtv-users mailing list.
(2016-01-14, 22:44)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-14, 22:30)StrvnMrvn Wrote: [ -> ]

@janbar any possibility of updating Windows and OSX

Mike

Yes Mike, i will be at home this evening and i will be able to build it.
@StrvnMrvn , I uploaded binaries for win32 and osx64 to gitio page http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html .
Enjoy !
nickr: Thanks for the reply.

The reason I'm using WMC and Kodi as front ends is that I'm trying to gracefully replace WMC which took months to get (family) stable, but now that it is, I'm trying to sneak Kodi in as a replacement without disturbing family peace.

My 'old' 52 and 62 inch plasmas have no built in tuner, so when my pc based solution fails, no TV at all. Imagine that during the Patriots / Denver game ;-)

My goal is to replace WMC completely, but I need to leave it running while I get Kodi + mythbackend 100% stable.

HDMan