Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm experiencing an issue with the MythTV Kodi plugin on Openelec 5.0.5. I'm using version 1.12.7 of the MythTV.PVR plugin. The issue I'm having is that while watching LiveTV, when transitioning from one show to the next, I get booted back to the channel list. This only seems to occur if the transition happens simultaneously with my mythbackend beginning a recording on a separate tuner.

Partial debug log file: http://pastebin.com/nGD2JNb7

I noticed much earlier in the thread an issue that seemed to be fixed with transitions. Is this related to that bug?
(2015-03-07, 14:13)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeB2013 ,
I updated the wiki to build addon for OpenElec ( http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFr...o_OpenELEC ) using new sources. If you have better way you could change it. Thanks.

How can I update the Cubox-i (imx6.arm) OpenELEC? OpenELEC 5.0.5 has MythTV PVR v 1.12.0....

Thank you for all your hard work!

-Mike
@janbar

Just in case.

Kodi(xbmc) master repo has a recent bump to API 1.9.5, so the pvr.mythtv addon needs an update.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1948240

Mike
(2015-03-08, 09:12)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]@janbar

Just in case.

Kodi(xbmc) master repo has a recent bump to API 1.9.5, so the pvr.mythtv addon needs an update.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1948240

Mike

Thanks. I thought this thread was died. So it has risen !
@nerddtvg @MikeB2013 , the changes in kodi master (with api 1.9.5) breaks the recordings view. Only flatten view show recordings. So prefer wait somebody fix it: root cause is in kodi changes.

Also i had to re-fork again my repository "pvr.mythtv" because kodi team made a copy instead fork from mine. it is a mess ... So you have to re-fork yours from mine too !
(2015-03-08, 03:45)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm experiencing an issue with the MythTV Kodi plugin on Openelec 5.0.5. I'm using version 1.12.7 of the MythTV.PVR plugin. The issue I'm having is that while watching LiveTV, when transitioning from one show to the next, I get booted back to the channel list. This only seems to occur if the transition happens simultaneously with my mythbackend beginning a recording on a separate tuner.

Partial debug log file: http://pastebin.com/nGD2JNb7

I noticed much earlier in the thread an issue that seemed to be fixed with transitions. Is this related to that bug?

The log file is not complete. I cannot see what happened during last livetv transition. Please post the full log or at least since livetv stream is opened.
So here i just seen your livetv chain has only 1 file , but seems the dedicated recorded has started a new one without sending any event.
I could suppose backend has forced stop livetv because priority has given to recorded. Have you configured "Conflict handling" in addon settings as needed ?
(2015-03-08, 12:37)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@nerddtvg @MikeB2013 , the changes in kodi master (with api 1.9.5) breaks the recordings view. Only flatten view show recordings. So prefer wait somebody fix it: root cause is in kodi changes.

Also i had to re-fork again my repository "pvr.mythtv" because kodi team made a copy instead fork from mine. it is a mess ... So you have to re-fork yours from mine too !

@janbar

Tried a quick test using doityourself branch of your repo with (will update my fork later).

It works fine on Openelec(Milhouse) build #0307 RPi2, apart from the flatten problem you found with kodi.

Note the build I did of pvr.mythtv was for armv6, not optimised for armv7, but quite good enough for testing - single build works on all RPi models.

Mike
(2015-03-08, 14:56)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]The log file is not complete. I cannot see what happened during last livetv transition. Please post the full log or at least since livetv stream is opened.
So here i just seen your livetv chain has only 1 file , but seems the dedicated recorded has started a new one without sending any event.
I could suppose backend has forced stop livetv because priority has given to recorded. Have you configured "Conflict handling" in addon settings as needed ?

The log file is too large for pastebin, so I will attempt to generate a new shorter one. My backend has 9 tuners, 4 of which are dedicated to LiveTV and 5 dedicated to recordings so there can be no real conflicts. I've tried all 3 conflict handling settings on the addon and get the same results regardless.

Thank you Janbar for your attention.
(2015-03-08, 15:29)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 14:56)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]The log file is not complete. I cannot see what happened during last livetv transition. Please post the full log or at least since livetv stream is opened.

The log file is too large for pastebin, so I will attempt to generate a new shorter one. My backend has 9 tuners, 4 of which are dedicated to LiveTV and 5 dedicated to recordings so there can be no real conflicts. I've tried all 3 conflict handling settings on the addon and get the same results regardless.

Here is a complete log: http://pastebin.com/0BSF1MSe
(2015-03-08, 16:06)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 15:29)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]

Here is a complete log: http://pastebin.com/0BSF1MSe
Thanks @tvankirk. Nice log ! I found the issue. Your upcoming record list is very big and it is processed by the same thread handles events for livetv chain transition. It get too long time to be processed and transition is gathered too late. A short fix is too open a dedicated event handler for livetv. I will check what is better.
(2015-03-08, 17:02)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @tvankirk. Nice log ! I found the issue. Your upcoming record list is very big and it is processed by the same thread handles events for livetv chain transition. It get too long time to be processed and transition is gathered too late. A short fix is too open a dedicated event handler for livetv. I will check what is better.

Thank you Janbar. I'm glad that was helpful. I am, of course, happy to help test out any potential fix.
(2015-03-08, 17:09)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 17:02)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @tvankirk. Nice log ! I found the issue. Your upcoming record list is very big and it is processed by the same thread handles events for livetv chain transition. It get too long time to be processed and transition is gathered too late. A short fix is too open a dedicated event handler for livetv. I will check what is better.

Thank you Janbar. I'm glad that was helpful. I am, of course, happy to help test out any potential fix.

I posted addon for OpenElec-5.0/RPi2 using dedicated eventhandler:
https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...p&download

Could you try it and let me know ?
(2015-03-08, 18:33)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 17:09)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]

Ran a quick test at the top of the hour with the same result. I'll capture another log later this afternoon.

Edit: I tried to capture a log at 1:30 and it transitioned almost smoothly, so I'll keep testing.
(2015-03-08, 19:07)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 18:33)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-08, 17:09)tvankirk Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Janbar. I'm glad that was helpful. I am, of course, happy to help test out any potential fix.

Ran a quick test at the top of the hour with the same result. I'll capture another log later this afternoon.

Edit: I tried to capture a log at 1:30 and it transitioned almost smoothly, so I'll keep testing.

Janbar,
I've now run my test scenario 6 times with it only failing on that first attempt, so I'm prepared to call this version a qualified success. I'd also be interested in trying it on my ARMv6 PI as well.

Thank you again for your efforts.
@tvankirk,

I posted new improved addon for RPi and RPi2 :

pvr.mythtv-RPi-arm-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip
pvr.mythtv-RPi2-arm7-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip

Now, instead opened a dedicated event handler for liveTV (which have a cost for backend and frontend), i updated to handle multi-threading. It should be better. Please let me know.
So your heavy process of recording rules (to generate Kodi timers) will be handled in a separated thread. As well LiveTV will handle its event messages in a separated thread.