Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@cscoppa, the issue in not in the addon.
Hi Janbar, love your add-on (am using v3.4.7 against 0.27.fixes) Just a question about channels. In Mythtv frontend (where I have come from) any channels set with 0 will not display. I have set your add-on to use the mythtv channel order, and the channels set as number 0 are appearing first in the channel listing. Based on myth frontend, I would expect them to not display at all. Is this behaviour as designed?

Note I understand I can always delete the channels as I they are dupes with weaker freq, but this is how I've always managed them.
(2016-03-23, 14:33)kbanksy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Janbar, love your add-on (am using v3.4.7 against 0.27.fixes) Just a question about channels. In Mythtv frontend (where I have come from) any channels set with 0 will not display. I have set your add-on to use the mythtv channel order, and the channels set as number 0 are appearing first in the channel listing. Based on myth frontend, I would expect them to not display at all. Is this behaviour as designed?

Note I understand I can always delete the channels as I they are dupes with weaker freq, but this is how I've always managed them.

Normally channels that you do not want to appear in the mythtv frontend have visible unset (set to false) in mythtv-backend using Channel Editor in mythtv-setup, or more conveniently Mythweb.

The pvr.mythtv addon only shows channels that have visible set. The channel number has no effect

Mike
(2016-03-23, 12:06)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@cscoppa, the issue in not in the addon.

I'm just wondering if they changed something in the backend to cause this issue. If I use the MythTV Frontend, the time code appears correct for affected files. It's only a problem when viewing the recording via Kodi.
(2016-03-23, 15:16)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]... channels that you do not want to appear in the mythtv frontend have visible unset ...

Thanks Mike - that's fixed it. For reference, I went to mythweb config (for me = http://192.168.1.1/mythweb/settings/tv/channels ) and deselected visible for the blank channum channels.
(2016-03-23, 15:47)cscoppa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just wondering if they changed something in the backend to cause this issue. If I use the MythTV Frontend, the time code appears correct for affected files. It's only a problem when viewing the recording via Kodi.

Yes, no more issue in the backend. It seems the cause is in kodi and i think the bug is about daylight saving and timezone.
I've noticed that Kodi applies its current timezone offset to all times, regardless of daylight time. My recordings from before daylight time are displayed as having recorded an hour later than they really did.

The fix is for Kodi to check the original time against the timezone' rules for daylight time, then use that for display. However, that's a bit more involved that just applying localtime to the supplied time for the recording.
Do you guys think the timezone issue would change the way the start time / current time / end time is displayed in the video window? What's weird is if I playback an older recording its fine. It seems to be just the newest files that I've recorded. The whole issue itself is fairly new, my MythTV / Kodi setup has been stable for the longest time. This is my first major issue.

PS wanted to share some additional screenshots. Same recording paused at the same place:

MythTV Frontend: http://imgur.com/7IiWt4q (time correct)

Kodi: http://imgur.com/9Lpk5oi (time incorrectly showing 5 hours in length)
I have a Mythbuntu backend, no myth front ends and 1 Kodi/ pvr.mythtv front end.

I'm running 0.27.6 MythTv.

Is there any reason to run 0.28 before it is declared "stable"?
(2016-03-26, 16:39)smitopher Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Mythbuntu backend, no myth front ends and 1 Kodi/ pvr.mythtv front end.

No reason to change, 0.27/Fixes will be supported for sometime to come.

This gives information on changes coming with 0.28
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.28

Mike
janbar --

Is it possible to have the mythtv addon prohibit user deletion of the LiveTV and Default recording groups? i.e., remove delete from the context menus?

This would be a most useful feature!

/did I accidentally delete my Default group last night? Oh yeah, you betcha.
//I now know my db_backups work though....
(2016-03-31, 19:28)thezencowsaysmu Wrote: [ -> ]janbar --

Is it possible to have the mythtv addon prohibit user deletion of the LiveTV and Default recording groups? i.e., remove delete from the context menus?

Can it be deleted without any confirmation? Don't want to try and check myself =)
(2016-03-26, 16:39)smitopher Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Mythbuntu backend, no myth front ends and 1 Kodi/ pvr.mythtv front end.

I'm currently running the .28 RC1 with no issues. Perfectly stable for me.

So far the only improvement I've noticed is that it's much better at catching and marking damaged recordings and setting them to re-record than .27.6 was.
(2016-03-31, 19:30)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-31, 19:28)thezencowsaysmu Wrote: [ -> ]janbar --

Can it be deleted without any confirmation? Don't want to try and check myself =)

Sorry, it was late and I don't remember much beyond panic so can't tel if there was/what the dialog box was. It certainly didn't say "BEWARE MORON, YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!" which would have been appreciated.

/mythtv's wiki on database restoring was well-written and easy to follow.
Nothing can be done from the addon. It is a kodi feature request.

To be clearer, there is nothing in the addon allowing deletion of folder or group. Recordings are deleted one by one calling the method exposed by the addon to delete one recording.