Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be better if it was interruptible, so you could just skip ahead (even if the channel was not an issue). I feel it is a bug (apparently in the API), as it is inconsistent with the normal TV experience
For instance i am trying to manage it in the addon itself using a dummy video telling "NO BROADCASTING". I will keep you informed when you can try it. Also probably some guy won't like the color of the background or font Wink. So we will discuss about these funny things later.
I posted the dummy video here: https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/ind...asting.m4v
@allan87 @AshG, i pushed the commit including "NO BROADCASTING" channel
Thanks Janbar - will have a look at it tomorrow
Thanks. I have not had a chance to install and test yet, but you might want to consider "no signal" instead of "no broadcasting".

"No broadcasting" would be more a command, as in, "stop broadcasting, you". One of those pesky language subtleties.

Colour, background and font demonstrate excellent taste.
(2015-11-29, 22:54)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@allan87 @AshG, i pushed the commit including "NO BROADCASTING" channel

@janbar

A side effect of this change is that "NO BROADCASTING" is displayed when no tuners are available (e,g, due to all tuners being used for recordings) rather than no signal. Previously a "channel unavailable" message was briefly displayed.

Mike
hmmm, yes Mike I missed that !
A better message could be "CHANNEL UNAVAILABLE". It covers "no signal" and "no free tuner", isn't it ?

Or "CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE" , or "UNAVAILABLE CHANNEL" ... What is the best English please ?
(2015-11-30, 22:58)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm, yes Mike I missed that !
A better message could be "CHANNEL UNAVAILABLE". It covers "no signal" and "no free tuner", isn't it ?

Just updated and it works great, was just going to suggest changing the wording to "channel unavailable"... But either way, anything better than it bombing back to the channel menu. thanks again for your work and support.
Not available and unavailable are grammatically interchangeable, I would say it's personal preference. My preference would be "channel unavailable" as I feel that "not available" feels like it's more perminant whereas unavailable feels like it's temporary...
Thanks guys for the English lesson. I will update the addon tomorrow including the message "CHANNEL UNAVAILABLE".
Hiya

Just come back to Kodi after a long break, just been using MythTV frontend. My kodi kept throwing me out about 6 months ago.
Just deleted my userdata and want to try Kodi again (on Isengard 15.2)

I want to install the latest mythtv pvr, I have disabled versions cmyth and mythtv pvr 1.13.1

I have janbars ppa installed, how do I get and simply install the latest mythtv pvr addon from
command line or ubuntu gui

Thanks
Matt
Anyone know why OpenElec 6.0.0 still has version 2.4.3 as the current version?

I tried removing it and reinstalling, as described here: http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
But, re-install just shows the same version 2.4.3.
@tjharris Get the latest openelec version from janbars io github. http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/

@mattshaw, something like
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv
although I can't recall the precise package name. Find out with
Code:
apt-cache search kodi|grep myth
@mattshaw For GUI

If you have Synaptic Package Manager installed you can use the GUI. Put Kodi in the search bar and click the box for Kodi and kodi-pvr-mythtv. You will need to enable and configure the addon with the IP address of the backend.
I added the tuto to install from my ppa in the io page of the project: http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/ in section "Ubuntu".
In my ppa you will find 3 packages for kodi: One for isengard , one for helix and one for current dev. You have to install only one of them depending of your version of kodi (respectively "isengard" or "helix" or nigthly build).
When you will change your kodi version you will have to uninstall the package of the addon, and install the corresponding for the new installed version of kodi.

When the new kodi jarvis will be out, i think the kodi repo will be aligned with the latest. So hopefully we won't need to do these hard stuff.