Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You need to use the 1.11.something version. The link to the compiled versions is a couple of pages back. If you read my last few posts in this thread you will see I referred to the exact post.
(2015-01-21, 22:37)torrieborrie Wrote: [ -> ]Still not much succes with the combination Mythtv, XBMC and The Little Black Box (TLBB).
XBMC keeps restarting when trying to get EPG data.
The log now goes sometimes al little further.

21:06:36 T:2850038864 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
21:06:36 T:2967389264 NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
21:06:36 T:2759185488 NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
21:06:37 T:2730329168 NOTICE: Thread PVRGUIInfo start, auto delete: false
21:06:38 T:2721940560 NOTICE: Thread EPGUpdater start, auto delete: false
21:06:38 T:2967389264 NOTICE: Start - EPG thread started
21:06:38 T:2730329168 ERROR: PVR - exception 'basic_string::_S_create' caught while trying to call 'GetRecordingsAmount' on add-on 'MythTV (Mediacenter):http://192.168.0.30:6544'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière
21:06:39 T:2721940560 WARNING: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - channel not found, can't update
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'duck tv DUT'
21:06:39 T:2721940560 WARNING: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - channel not found, can't update
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Radio 1'
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Radio 2'

And so on till it stops and XBMC restarts (not a complete reboot of TLBB).
I think it has something to do with some kind of buffer overflow.
Could someone give me a hint?

Could be caused for few reason but i think you have no enought memory to allocate a string. Could you provide the core dump if any ?
I installed new devel firmware with Helix in TLBB. I also installed the latest precompiled pvr.mythtv for arm imx6.
Before I used the rpi version. I'm not sure yet what did the trick but it works.
I have to do some more testing but it looks promissing.
I can report that Live TV and EPG is working well, I only have a issue with the recording.
Only a few recordings show up when I call the list. Both Live TV as Default.
Is this a wrong setting or is it a bug? With other kodi cliënts on linux PC's I don't have this problem.
(2015-01-21, 09:29)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-11, 01:33)tnfenster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-10, 20:27)metaron Wrote: [ -> ]@tnfenster
Seems they aren't implemented yet.
PVRClientMythTV::SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition and related functions are currently commented out in pvrclient-mythtv.cpp.
I think I was able to implement them using Protocol Commands. As I am completely new to Kodi and Kodi Addon development, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of where to use those functions?

This function is not provided anymore by the addon, cause MythTV services don't provide it. But Kodi allows two ways to handle it: provided by addon or handled by Kodi. So now it is provided by Kodi itself and these info are stored in Kodi database.
Once any service will be available from backend, i will add option to select which method to use.
So this should already be working with the current version of Kodi and the add-on?
(2014-12-15, 22:09)kapitan-iglu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-11, 21:50)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@kaptain-iglu

you really are lucky ! it was made as you had imagined

Please check the branch https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addon...d_override

Thank You, it's perfect! Sorry for reply delay. I will test master backend override support deeper (in different situations) later and let you know results. I'm happy to see this addon is step by step better and xbmc finally become great frontend for mythtv!

Hello Janbar,
I just want to report, that master backend support is working as expected. I finally tried different situations (slave backend availability/location of recorded file) and all went well. I found only one cosmetic thing - I think this log message should be in NOTICE level not ERROR:
Code:
ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: OpenRecordedStream: You should uncheck option 'MasterBackendOverride' from MythTV setup
Based on mythtv storage group philosophy, recorded files can be places in different storages around all backends and I havent found any rule saying that every recorded file has to be visible from master backend (if master backend override is set).

Is master backend support already included in latest addon version?

Thank You again!
I've been using OpenELEC on raspberry pi to watch recordings from my mythtv server (using built-in mythtv pvr addon). Was working fine untill OpenELEC 5 update, which hangs for a minute or two when pressing Recordings button or when going back to top directory of recordings after watching one. I've disabled generate thumbnails and have also tried compiling the latest openelec from dev source with last pvr addons git source according to http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource but I still have the same problem. I've tried on a different rasperry pi and it fails as well. Mythtv on a regular computer is able to list recordings and play just fine.
Ericf versions?
(2015-01-26, 00:14)ericf Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using OpenELEC on raspberry pi to watch recordings from my mythtv server (using built-in mythtv pvr addon). Was working fine untill OpenELEC 5 update, which hangs for a minute or two when pressing Recordings button or when going back to top directory of recordings after watching one. I've disabled generate thumbnails and have also tried compiling the latest openelec from dev source with last pvr addons git source according to http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource but I still have the same problem. I've tried on a different rasperry pi and it fails as well. Mythtv on a regular computer is able to list recordings and play just fine.
If you flip through the OpenELEC test builds thread (where the Milhouse builds are posted) I think you will find a reference to this issue. I believe it is fixed in the nightlies. See this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210774
I'm sorry if i missed it but i'm looking for kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix for Raspbmc (wheezy). I would appreciate if you point me to the right direction.
(2015-01-26, 04:32)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Ericf versions?

mythtv version 27.4
OpenELEC 5.0 development version (compiled today) running kodi 14.1 RC-1
mythtv pvr plugin 1.11.14 (compiled today)
(2015-01-26, 06:01)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-26, 00:14)ericf Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using OpenELEC on raspberry pi to watch recordings from my mythtv server (using built-in mythtv pvr addon). Was working fine untill OpenELEC 5 update, which hangs for a minute or two when pressing Recordings button or when going back to top directory of recordings after watching one. I've disabled generate thumbnails and have also tried compiling the latest openelec from dev source with last pvr addons git source according to http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource but I still have the same problem. I've tried on a different rasperry pi and it fails as well. Mythtv on a regular computer is able to list recordings and play just fine.
If you flip through the OpenELEC test builds thread (where the Milhouse builds are posted) I think you will find a reference to this issue. I believe it is fixed in the nightlies. See this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210774

Yup, that's the issue exactly. I'll try their patch. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any solution getting the shows recorded by mythtv "marked as watched" in kodi when one has completed watching the recording. There are some earlier posts that mention running mythtv 0.28 and they are getting it to work. Is there a setting I am just overlooking or is it a version thing?

I am running Kodi 14.0 on a Ubuntu 14.04 system that also runs Mythtv 0.27.3. I am on version 1.11.3 of the Mythtv PVR client.

It's not urgent but I do miss that feature.
Thanks for the great add-on
(2015-01-28, 06:45)StupendousMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I was wondering if there is any solution getting the shows recorded by mythtv "marked as watched" in kodi when one has completed watching the recording. There are some earlier posts that mention running mythtv 0.28 and they are getting it to work. Is there a setting I am just overlooking or is it a version thing?

I am running Kodi 14.0 on a Ubuntu 14.04 system that also runs Mythtv 0.27.3. I am on version 1.11.3 of the Mythtv PVR client.

It's not urgent but I do miss that feature.
Thanks for the great add-on

"marked as watched" is supported since MythTV backend 0.28 only.
(2015-01-25, 22:30)kapitan-iglu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-15, 22:09)kapitan-iglu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-11, 21:50)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@kaptain-iglu

you really are lucky ! it was made as you had imagined

Please check the branch https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addon...d_override

Thank You, it's perfect! Sorry for reply delay. I will test master backend override support deeper (in different situations) later and let you know results. I'm happy to see this addon is step by step better and xbmc finally become great frontend for mythtv!

Hello Janbar,
I just want to report, that master backend support is working as expected. I finally tried different situations (slave backend availability/location of recorded file) and all went well. I found only one cosmetic thing - I think this log message should be in NOTICE level not ERROR:
Code:
ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: OpenRecordedStream: You should uncheck option 'MasterBackendOverride' from MythTV setup
Based on mythtv storage group philosophy, recorded files can be places in different storages around all backends and I havent found any rule saying that every recorded file has to be visible from master backend (if master backend override is set).

Is master backend support already included in latest addon version?

Thank You again!

Not yet included. I waited your feedback. So now i will merge it soon after adding cosmetic. Thanks kapitan-iglu.