Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-10, 04:44)mikebetz42 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a MythTV 27 back end with two Ceton Infinitv 4s and Kodi Beta 2 front ends.

With pvr.mythtv add-on Live TV stops at random but works fine with the cmythtv add-on. Backend thinks it's still streaming...

Anyone else have issues with the Ceton and the pvr.mythtv add-on?

-Mike

I use a ceton card and experienced the same issue where it would play for a bit and then both video and audio just freeze. Seems that it happens randomly as well. Mythtv works just fine however.
I have noticed the same several second pauses, all thought I have two Sony playtv's. Only happens with live TV and I haven't been able to find anything conclusive in the back end myth logs or system logs.

Log files http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1769791
I have the same issues like teeedubb & krutoileshii - momentary random freezing of the audio and video while watching live TV.
When I directly use the HDHomerun Prime UPN connection through XBMC it does not happen. No logs to provide, sorry.
OZooHA
(2014-11-11, 15:27)ozooha Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issues like teeedubb & krutoileshii - momentary random freezing of the audio and video while watching live TV.
When I directly use the HDHomerun Prime UPN connection through XBMC it does not happen. No logs to provide, sorry.
OZooHA

Probably due to network bottleneck. If it freezes for ever you have been disconnected: I had few times this issue but every time my backend (0.27.4) had crashed with segfault. So the root cause was the backend. Now it seems to be fixed since I used backend version 0.27.4+fixes.20141027.e0b0027. Could help.

@teeedubb , @krutoileshii

EDIT: Backend restart after crash. Check your log for "segment fault".
(2014-11-04, 16:19)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar/Anyone else who might know

Anyway to get this on an ARM/AMLogic box? I was just given this device called lilttle black box v2, which is basically an android based device from what i can determine, but just runs XBMC 13.2. I can use the old Cmyth plugin because it comes with it, but dont know how to get this new on one to it, or if its possible.

Cheers!
I haven't android toolchain ready to build it. Try to setup KODI, it should be possible.
(2014-11-10, 17:44)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar

Never really messed with livetv to much, but now that basketball has started, I have been using it alot. Seems like every time I change the channel, xbmc kicks me out back to the epg and I have to select my channel all over again. I use an HD PVR box for recording off my satellite, and i can see the box change the channels like normal, and start recording it. And right at the time xbmc is to show the channel, bam back to the EPG. It is really frustrating. I would have to say it happens like 95% of the time. And when it works i might get one to two channel changes before it kicks me back out to the EPG

Heres the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=346834
Let me know if you need more info, or mythbackend logs. I can reproduce this all the time

Using MythTV fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-6-ge0b0027] on Linux NASTY 3.13.0-39-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 28 13:30:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Mythbuntu 14.04

As an update to this....it seems if i change the channel by hand (typing it in and pressing OK button) it changes fine. It kicks be back to the EPG when I change the channel via the EPG. I have the EPG set to switch, not bring up the description.
(2014-11-13, 03:15)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-10, 17:44)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar

Never really messed with livetv to much, but now that basketball has started, I have been using it alot. Seems like every time I change the channel, xbmc kicks me out back to the epg and I have to select my channel all over again. I use an HD PVR box for recording off my satellite, and i can see the box change the channels like normal, and start recording it. And right at the time xbmc is to show the channel, bam back to the EPG. It is really frustrating. I would have to say it happens like 95% of the time. And when it works i might get one to two channel changes before it kicks me back out to the EPG

Heres the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=346834
Let me know if you need more info, or mythbackend logs. I can reproduce this all the time

Using MythTV fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-6-ge0b0027] on Linux NASTY 3.13.0-39-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 28 13:30:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Mythbuntu 14.04

As an update to this....it seems if i change the channel by hand (typing it in and pressing OK button) it changes fine. It kicks be back to the EPG when I change the channel via the EPG. I have the EPG set to switch, not bring up the description.

I didn t see any issue from addon in log. You should try KODI instead.
I switch between MythTV frontend and Kodi depending on if i watch TV or movies. Thought i should try Kodi and see if it was mature enough to make a permanent switch.

First question:
I have two videosources, one for analog and one for DVB. But for channels that is in both videosources i get two entries in the channel list. Is there any way to combine these into one?

Second question:
I like to use up/down to switch between channels, and this "small" EPG or what it is called is shown. So far so good. But i would like to be able to move up/down and press OK to make the actual channel switch, or exit to abort. All i could find now is a timeout that makes the switch automatically. Is there a setting that enables it like i want it?
(2014-11-16, 16:37)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]I switch between MythTV frontend and Kodi depending on if i watch TV or movies. Thought i should try Kodi and see if it was mature enough to make a permanent switch.

First question:
I have two videosources, one for analog and one for DVB. But for channels that is in both videosources i get two entries in the channel list. Is there any way to combine these into one?

Second question:
I like to use up/down to switch between channels, and this "small" EPG or what it is called is shown. So far so good. But i would like to be able to move up/down and press OK to make the actual channel switch, or exit to abort. All i could find now is a timeout that makes the switch automatically. Is there a setting that enables it like i want it?

1 => In Kodi (and XBMC too) you will find channel group for each MythTV sources. You have to choose the group you want to see instead "All channels group". Since addon 1.9.20 i changed behavior about grouping channels because users choice. Also you can hide channels in LiveTV setting.

2 => I don't know Wink and let an other guy resolve the thing. Otherwise in EPG screen (timeline or others) you can select a broadcast and swith channel.
(2014-11-13, 03:01)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-11, 15:27)ozooha Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issues like teeedubb & krutoileshii - momentary random freezing of the audio and video while watching live TV.
OZooHA

Probably due to network bottleneck. If it freezes for ever you have been disconnected: I had few times this issue but every time my backend (0.27.4) had crashed with segfault. So the root cause was the backend. Now it seems to be fixed since I used backend version 0.27.4+fixes.20141027.e0b0027. Could help.

@teeedubb , @krutoileshii

EDIT: Backend restart after crash. Check your log for "segment fault".

Thanks janbar, I have updated my backend and I will keep an eye out for seg faults in the log if it occours again.

(2014-11-16, 16:37)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]I switch between MythTV frontend and Kodi depending on if i watch TV or movies. Thought i should try Kodi and see if it was mature enough to make a permanent switch.

Second question:

You can do this by editing the remote keymap, something like (I use ch+/ch- to scroll through the pvrchannelosd):

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
      <pageplus>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</pageplus>
      <pageminus>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
  <PVROSDChannels>
    <remote>
      <pageplus>up</pageplus>
      <pageminus>down</pageminus>
      <display>Close</display>
    </remote>
  </PVROSDChannels>
Excuse me for butting in and maybe being a little OT, but I have been stuffing about for several hours with Kobi beta. I have added the PPA as outlined in the OP, and I see it in synaptic. I have installed along with kobi. However, it does not appear in the list of addins. Is there a magical incantation I should be aware of, or hopefully there is a simple solution?
Im not sure if janbars ppa is for kode/helix - I just compiled it from source and installed the zip file via kodi's gui.
(2014-11-22, 08:53)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure if janbars ppa is for kode/helix - I just compiled it from source and installed the zip file via kodi's gui.

Ahhhh.. understood.

Thanks
@all

As you have seen, Kodi/helix is released now and team guys don't want accept any more fix or improvement for Helix ! This is really a pity for us. So trying to find a solution, i added the new package "kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix" to my ppa. It will build every days as needed for all Ubuntu distros. Remember the address of my ppa:

ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa

https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Also i build addon for OSX and Windows there:

https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...4750925043

Next step, to cover rest of majority of users, i will try to build it also for OpenELEC arm, i386 and amd64. I will let know.
(2014-11-22, 09:38)guiguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-22, 08:53)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure if janbars ppa is for kode/helix - I just compiled it from source and installed the zip file via kodi's gui.

Ahhhh.. understood.

Thanks
Now you will find it for kodi in the ppa.Angel