Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got it working by following the kodi wiki for it. But how do I get it updated to the latest version because I am having issues. The version I have is 1.9.29
Read the bloody thread. This one. Go backward from your own post.
I apologize if I am missing something. I looked at the first post and followed instructions for ubuntu and added the ppa. I did that successfully but I guess I don't know where to go from there. I do not see any more detailed instructions than that. I have thumbed through some of the pages but have not read all 43 pages word for word. Could you point me to the specific post that tells me how to install? I am sorry if I seem ignorant, maybe I missed something but I am just trying to get the latest version.
Clearly stated in the thread that janbar has a ppa for ubuntu machines and has built for other oses and uploaded to his server. See post 622 for the server address.
Yes I see that. I have ubuntu, thus I followed the instructions on the PPA. But all I did was add the ppa and then update. What am I supposed to do after that? The post on 622 seems to only refer to openelec and if I go back a page in that link I see windows and OSX. I am trying to install this on ubuntu trusty. I know this may seem simple and stupid to you but obviously somewhere I am missing something and I am looking for a simple answer as to what to do after those 2 steps. I am assuming I should use something like apt-get but not exactly sure what command to enter.
I had trouble with this also.
Not a unix person by any means Smile

Try:
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix
Oh my gosh thank you. I think that is exactly what I was looking for. I guess maybe it's implied that I knew to do that because no where did I see that. Sometimes getting a straight forward answer is hard. I ran it and it threw a system program problem detected. I will give it a try though and hopefully that worked. It looks like I am getting an error because it is trying to overwrite the old version. So I guess now I need to figure out how to remove that.
(2015-01-20, 04:50)xmjsilverx Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I see that. I have ubuntu, thus I followed the instructions on the PPA. But all I did was add the ppa and then update. What am I supposed to do after that? The post on 622 seems to only refer to openelec and if I go back a page in that link I see windows and OSX. I am trying to install this on ubuntu trusty. I know this may seem simple and stupid to you but obviously somewhere I am missing something and I am looking for a simple answer as to what to do after those 2 steps. I am assuming I should use something like apt-get but not exactly sure what command to enter.

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix
Hi Janbar

Is there a Helix build for Android/FireTV available for Ver. 1.11.2?

And a big thanks for taking time to make this. Thanks!
For your information, 1.11.2 has been in the kodi nightly builds for several days.
(2015-01-20, 07:50)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]For your information, 1.11.2 has been in the kodi nightly builds for several days.

Great news!

Downloading now.

Thanks.
(2015-01-11, 01:33)tnfenster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-10, 20:27)metaron Wrote: [ -> ]@tnfenster
Seems they aren't implemented yet.
PVRClientMythTV::SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition and related functions are currently commented out in pvrclient-mythtv.cpp.
I think I was able to implement them using Protocol Commands. As I am completely new to Kodi and Kodi Addon development, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of where to use those functions?

This function is not provided anymore by the addon, cause MythTV services don't provide it. But Kodi allows two ways to handle it: provided by addon or handled by Kodi. So now it is provided by Kodi itself and these info are stored in Kodi database.
Once any service will be available from backend, i will add option to select which method to use.

(2015-01-20, 08:11)KJEN Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-20, 07:50)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]For your information, 1.11.2 has been in the kodi nightly builds for several days.

Great news!

Downloading now.

Thanks.

Also addon 1.11.2 will be back-ported to Helix 14.1 and finally available for all.
Still not much succes with the combination Mythtv, XBMC and The Little Black Box (TLBB).
XBMC keeps restarting when trying to get EPG data.
The log now goes sometimes al little further.

21:06:36 T:2850038864 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
21:06:36 T:2967389264 NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
21:06:36 T:2759185488 NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
21:06:37 T:2730329168 NOTICE: Thread PVRGUIInfo start, auto delete: false
21:06:38 T:2721940560 NOTICE: Thread EPGUpdater start, auto delete: false
21:06:38 T:2967389264 NOTICE: Start - EPG thread started
21:06:38 T:2730329168 ERROR: PVR - exception 'basic_string::_S_create' caught while trying to call 'GetRecordingsAmount' on add-on 'MythTV (Mediacenter):http://192.168.0.30:6544'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière
21:06:39 T:2721940560 WARNING: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - channel not found, can't update
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'duck tv DUT'
21:06:39 T:2721940560 WARNING: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - channel not found, can't update
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Radio 1'
21:06:39 T:2721940560 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Radio 2'

And so on till it stops and XBMC restarts (not a complete reboot of TLBB).
I think it has something to do with some kind of buffer overflow.
Could someone give me a hint?
What version of the addon are you using?
I'm using 1.9.22.32. I have used several other versions including the cmyth version but they all behave the same.