Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-13, 02:20)richardk Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI....

I decided to try out the latest Krypton nightly build, KodiSetup-20160311-d6bf680-master.exe, under Windows 10. The MythTV PVR addon fails to load with this version. The log shows:

18:07:58 T:1696 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
18:07:59 T:12460 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
18:07:59 T:7772 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MythTV PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '5.1.0', add-on API version '1.9.6'
18:07:59 T:7772 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV PVR Client, status = 6
18:07:59 T:7772 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR Client, disabling it
18:08:36 T:1696 ERROR: Unable to activate the previous window
18:09:22 T:13072 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(androidapps) in androidapps://

It's early in the V17.0 development cycle, and I'm sure this will be fixed in due time.

Update: This is fixed in the latest (16 March 2016) nightly build of XBMC for Windows. The addon seems to be loading and working normally.

Once more, thanks to the devs for all the great work.
(2016-03-12, 18:47)FreakinSyco Wrote: [ -> ]I've screwed up and uninstalled the default install of the MythTV PVR addon from my FireTVs Kodi (Jarvis) install. I can't seem to find a repository or zip of the addon. Can someone point me in the right direction?

At the moment the addon is provided with Kodi Jarvis. You don't need to install it by any other way. Go to addon screen / PVR clients section, then enable the addon pvr.mythtv.
Else reinstall kodi on your device.
(2016-03-10, 11:55)kitehigh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is there any way for me to change the default timer type selected in the 'Add Timer' dialogue?

The only time I use Add Timer (as opposed to just pressing the record button on a show) is to add a series recording - so ideally it would have 'Record All' pre selected (or whatever a user wants by default)?

Currently no. "Add timer" creates a single rule to record the pointed show. You have to choose "Custom timer" instead , to choose the right type.
(2016-03-14, 22:45)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add support to show the group for deleted recordings also? Or is that a skin feature?

This feature already exists. You have to select menu to show/hide deleted recordings.
(2016-03-18, 00:33)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-12, 18:47)FreakinSyco Wrote: [ -> ]I've screwed up and uninstalled the default install of the MythTV PVR addon from my FireTVs Kodi (Jarvis) install. I can't seem to find a repository or zip of the addon. Can someone point me in the right direction?

At the moment the addon is provided with Kodi Jarvis. You don't need to install it by any other way. Go to addon screen / PVR clients section, then enable the addon pvr.mythtv.

The nightly Ubuntu Kodi builds and the 4.2.1 PVR are not working, the PVR fails to start. I can provide a log later tonight.
(2016-03-18, 01:13)mikebetz42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-18, 00:33)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]

The nightly Ubuntu Kodi builds and the 4.2.1 PVR are not working, the PVR fails to start. I can provide a log later tonight.

The stable version of the addon (version 3.4.6) works with Kodi Jarvis. At this stage you shouldn't use the version 4.x for kodi Kripton which is in development. Maybe at alpha release it will be more stable, but at the moment it doesn't work or compile until Kripton api becomes stable.
I've suddenly started having a problem with the timecode not displaying correctly, or even at all sometimes.

screen shot: http://prnt.sc/ai5qfi

I tested playing back one of the problem files with the MythTV Frontend and it's fine, so it seems to be related to the plugin and my backend talking to each other.

My server info:

MythTV Version : v0.27.6-15-gb6ae90c
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.6

Here's the full Kodi log for just launching and trying to playback one "problem" file: http://pastebin.com/PW18CjFq

Any guidance would be most appreciated, again this is a fairly new problem.
@cscoppa, probably the show is currently recording. It is a known issue that kodi doesn't show right end time for a recording currently recording.
Else it could be a new issue.
(2016-03-21, 22:42)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@cscoppa, probably the show is currently recording. It is a known issue that kodi doesn't show right end time for a recording currently recording.

No, the screen shot was taken today, the recording was done last night. Another symptom is sometimes it will show an end time of like 4 minutes, when the file is really an hour long. I thought I saw something in the logs about client protocol mismatch, or something like that, could that be the problem? Is my mythtv version too new or something?

I'm on MythTV Version : v0.27.6-15-gb6ae90c, protocol 77 I believe. (should be latest from the stable branch)

I should also add I'm experiencing the issue on both Windows and an OpenElec 6.0.3 box that I have.
Can I put in a feature request to make it more difficult to delete multiple recordings in a single command? For example, if you delete a "group" of records, the UI could prompt, "YOU REQUESTED TO DELETE 10 RECORDINGS. ENTER "10" TO DELETE ALL."

That way you would have to really confirm the total number of recordings. If you don't like that, I would really love a feature to disable any method that allows multiple recordings from being deleted!
(2016-03-21, 23:50)cscoppa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-21, 22:42)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@cscoppa, probably the show is currently recording. It is a known issue that kodi doesn't show right end time for a recording currently recording.

No, the screen shot was taken today, the recording was done last night. Another symptom is sometimes it will show an end time of like 4 minutes, when the file is really an hour long. I thought I saw something in the logs about client protocol mismatch, or something like that, could that be the problem? Is my mythtv version too new or something?

I'm on MythTV Version : v0.27.6-15-gb6ae90c, protocol 77 I believe. (should be latest from the stable branch)

I should also add I'm experiencing the issue on both Windows and an OpenElec 6.0.3 box that I have.

Could you try the following url using your favorite browser ? and then post the xml fragment for the pointed recording. Thanks.

http://MYTH_BACKEND:6544/Dvr/GetRecorded...Ex=.*Twice.*
(2016-03-22, 04:00)pcmcg Wrote: [ -> ]Can I put in a feature request to make it more difficult to delete multiple recordings in a single command? For example, if you delete a "group" of records, the UI could prompt, "YOU REQUESTED TO DELETE 10 RECORDINGS. ENTER "10" TO DELETE ALL."

That way you would have to really confirm the total number of recordings. If you don't like that, I would really love a feature to disable any method that allows multiple recordings from being deleted!

Yes you can. An UI feature should be requested to the rigth thread of kodi.
(2016-03-22, 22:56)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-21, 23:50)cscoppa Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you try the following url using your favorite browser ? and then post the xml fragment for the pointed recording. Thanks.

http://MYTH_BACKEND:6544/Dvr/GetRecorded...Ex=.*Twice.*

This is what I got back:

<Program>
<StartTime>2016-03-21T01:00:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2016-03-21T02:02:00Z</EndTime>
<Title>The Walking Dead</Title>
<SubTitle>Twice as Far</SubTitle>
<Category>Drama</Category>
<CatType/>
<Repeat>false</Repeat>
<VideoProps>51</VideoProps>
<AudioProps>0</AudioProps>
<SubProps>1</SubProps>
<SeriesId>EP01324002</SeriesId>
<ProgramId>EP013240020115</ProgramId>
<Stars>0</Stars>
<FileSize>7137482980</FileSize>
<LastModified>2016-03-21T02:42:01Z</LastModified>
<ProgramFlags>5</ProgramFlags>
<FileName>1731_20160321005900.mpg</FileName>
<HostName>xbmcdown</HostName>
<Airdate>2016-03-20</Airdate>
<Description>
Two separate groups leave Alexandria for supplies, and while both worry over the future of the community, they will face immediate danger.
</Description>
<Inetref>ttvdb.py_153021</Inetref>
<Season>6</Season>
<Episode>14</Episode>
<Channel>
<ChanId>1731</ChanId>
<ChanNum>731</ChanNum>
<CallSign>AMCHD</CallSign>
<IconURL>/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1731</IconURL>
<ChannelName>AMC HD</ChannelName>
<MplexId>0</MplexId>
<TransportId>0</TransportId>
<ServiceId>0</ServiceId>
<NetworkId>0</NetworkId>
<ATSCMajorChan>0</ATSCMajorChan>
<ATSCMinorChan>0</ATSCMinorChan>
<Format/>
<Modulation/>
<Frequency>0</Frequency>
<FrequencyId/>
<FrequencyTable/>
<FineTune>0</FineTune>
<SIStandard/>
<ChanFilters/>
<SourceId>0</SourceId>
<InputId>0</InputId>
<CommFree>0</CommFree>
<UseEIT>false</UseEIT>
<Visible>true</Visible>
<XMLTVID/>
<DefaultAuth/>
<Programs/>
</Channel>
<Recording>
<Status>-3</Status>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<StartTs>2016-03-21T00:59:00Z</StartTs>
<EndTs>2016-03-21T02:02:00Z</EndTs>
<RecordId>67</RecordId>
<RecGroup>Default</RecGroup>
<PlayGroup>Default</PlayGroup>
<StorageGroup>Default</StorageGroup>
<RecType>0</RecType>
<DupInType>15</DupInType>
<DupMethod>6</DupMethod>
<EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
<Profile>Default</Profile>
</Recording>
<Artwork>
<ArtworkInfos>
<ArtworkInfo>
<URL>
/Content/GetImageFile?StorageGroup=Coverart&FileName=/The Walking Dead Season 6_coverart.jpg
</URL>
<FileName>
myth://Coverart@xbmcdown/The Walking Dead Season 6_coverart.jpg
</FileName>
<StorageGroup>Coverart</StorageGroup>
<Type>coverart</Type>
</ArtworkInfo>
<ArtworkInfo>
<URL>
/Content/GetImageFile?StorageGroup=Fanart&FileName=/The Walking Dead Season 6_fanart.jpg
</URL>
<FileName>
myth://Fanart@xbmcdown/The Walking Dead Season 6_fanart.jpg
</FileName>
<StorageGroup>Fanart</StorageGroup>
<Type>fanart</Type>
</ArtworkInfo>
<ArtworkInfo>
<URL>
/Content/GetImageFile?StorageGroup=Banners&FileName=/The Walking Dead Season 6_banner.jpg
</URL>
<FileName>
myth://Banners@xbmcdown/The Walking Dead Season 6_banner.jpg
</FileName>
<StorageGroup>Banners</StorageGroup>
<Type>banner</Type>
</ArtworkInfo>
</ArtworkInfos>
</Artwork>
</Program>
Is the daylight saving day on 21 march for your time zone ? It could explain the issue. But I don't know how kodi handles dates and duration of recording.

I checked the time handling in the addon itself for the daylight saving in my zone: 27th March, and the result is right as below:

<StartTs>2016-03-27T00:59:00Z</StartTs>
<EndTs>2016-03-27T02:02:00Z</EndTs>

duration: 3780
local start time: 2016-03-27T01:59:00 , local end time: 2016-03-27T04:02:00

For the addon side the duration is okay, even on daylight saving change. So probably the issue is how kodi handles local time. I haven't many time at the moment to have a look in kodi. So to have a chance to fix quickly this issue you should open a track ticket.

Edit: Next week I could have more time to have a look in kodi code about handling of time.
(2016-03-23, 00:29)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Is the daylight saving day on 21 march for your time zone ? It could explain the issue. But I don't know how kodi handles dates and duration of recording.

I checked the time handling in the addon itself for the daylight saving in my zone: 27th March, and the result is right as below:

<StartTs>2016-03-27T00:59:00Z</StartTs>
<EndTs>2016-03-27T02:02:00Z</EndTs>

duration: 3780
local start time: 2016-03-27T01:59:00 , local end time: 2016-03-27T04:02:00

For the addon side the duration is okay, even on daylight saving change. So probably the issue is how kodi handles local time. I haven't many time at the moment to have a look in kodi. So to have a chance to fix quickly this issue you should open a track ticket.

Edit: Next week I could have more time to have a look in kodi code about handling of time.

I'm in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) ... which started on March 13th of this year. The show recorded itself at the right time, so I'm guessing MythTV itself has it correct. Also the Windows machine with Kodi has it correct since it auto-updates.

This problem just started happening fairly recently, so its either daylight savings like you suggested, or they changed something in the most recent build of MythTV that broke something talking to your addon.

In either case the help is much appreciated! :-)