Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-02, 07:55)tjharris Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know why OpenElec 6.0.0 still has version 2.4.3 as the current version?

I tried removing it and reinstalling, as described here: http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
But, re-install just shows the same version 2.4.3.

For openelec 6.0, the addon should be the latest provided: 2.7.4. But seems that is not the case. Then install directly the addon using the zip file downloaded from http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html . It should override the pre-installed addon. Isn't it ?
(2015-12-02, 18:14)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-02, 07:55)tjharris Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know why OpenElec 6.0.0 still has version 2.4.3 as the current version?

I tried removing it and reinstalling, as described here: http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
But, re-install just shows the same version 2.4.3.

For openelec 6.0, the addon should be the latest provided: 2.7.4. But seems that is not the case. Then install directly the addon using the zip file downloaded from http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html . It should override the pre-installed addon. Isn't it ?

Yeah, that is what I found. Installing via OpenElec UI got me only 2.4.3. I grabbed the .zip file and manually installed 2.8.4 and that worked fine.

One question on current versions: When watching a program that is still in progress of recording, the end time doesn't change until I exit and re-open the recording. I have seen reports elsewhere that Kodi had fixed that limitation. What is your expectation with pvr.mythtv? Should it be updating end time? Is there a setting needed to enable this?
@tjharris, the addon update the end time of recording in progress. First because it needs to manage the playback. Also Kodi could call the addon to know the current end-time, but i haven't checked it does.
Janbar, I like the channel unavailable screen that plays when a channel can't be tuned (I only discovered it after retuning some new channels).

Thanks for your continued work with this add-on!
The milhouse nightly (17.0) build seems to have version 3.3.9 included. It looks like there is a version 3.4.1 out there on github. Is there a way to download a zip file of that?
Janbar, finally tested 2.8.4. Works as advertised (i.e. I can flip past an unresponsive channel). Nicely done. Thanks!
(2015-12-07, 18:49)afremont Wrote: [ -> ]The milhouse nightly (17.0) build seems to have version 3.3.9 included. It looks like there is a version 3.4.1 out there on github. Is there a way to download a zip file of that?

For ubuntu only , from my ppa using package "kodi-pvr-mythtv-jarvis" (version 3.4.1). Please see instructions at http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html in section ubuntu.
@janbar - can you remove the guilib 5.10 commits from your new jarvis branch - they don't work until 17.0 / kxxx :-(.

Probably it's also time to think about 4.x.x for Kxxx / 'doityourself' so the 3.x.x branch can be used for 'Jarvis stable'.

PS +1 for 'channel unavailable' screen. Makes for a much more user friendly experience :-)
Please remember that Milhouse nightly users (like myself and zaphod24) need the 5.10 mods or we can't test.

BTW, the kodi package received when doing the following results in only getting version 2.7.4 of the addon:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

This is from:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

Here is the output from my NUC Mythbuntu setup that runs kodi:
Code:
mike@mythdemo:~$ apt-show-versions kodi
kodi:all/trusty 2:15.2~git20151019.1039-final-0trusty uptodate
mike@mythdemo:~$ apt-show-versions kodi-pvr-mythtv
kodi-pvr-mythtv:amd64/trusty 2.7.4-1~trusty uptodate
mike@mythdemo:~$
@metaron, the guilib 5.10 commit had been merged in kodi jarvis beta. Have you the last changes from kodi jarvis branch ?

@afremont, also my launchpad account build every day the branch doityourself, which is the latest for nightly build. The package is named kodi-pvr-mythtv-dev . It could be help.
I suspect this is NOT an add-on issue, but I thought it would be prudent to check here first before posting a bug report on trac.

On a Fire TV stick (android) Kodi 15.2 plays back mpeg2 HD MythTV recordings perfectly. I tried out Jarvis beta 4 (with the 3.x.x add-on) the other day, and the same recordings are unwatchable. My suspicion is that hardware acceleration is not working under Jarvis, in this environment. I tried different combinations of the hardware acceleration under settings:video, with no improvement. I did notice that the names of the hardware acceleration options under Jarvis are different.
@allan87 yes i confirm it is not related with the addon. Code for live and recording playback are exactly the same for pvr-mythtv-Isengard and pvr-mythtv-Jarvis.
I will post a ticket. After posting here, it occurred to me that I could just try playing the same mpeg2 video without using the mythtv addon. That way I don't have to mention the addon and the problem won't be blamed on it.
(2015-12-05, 20:11)tjharris Wrote: [ -> ]One question on current versions: When watching a program that is still in progress of recording, the end time doesn't change until I exit and re-open the recording. I have seen reports elsewhere that Kodi had fixed that limitation. What is your expectation with pvr.mythtv? Should it be updating end time? Is there a setting needed to enable this?

(2015-12-06, 01:34)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@tjharris, the addon update the end time of recording in progress. First because it needs to manage the playback. Also Kodi could call the addon to know the current end-time, but i haven't checked it does.

Hi Janbar -

Have you looked into whether implementing this is do-able? I know the WMC PVR add-on supports showing the full time of the recording even though the recording is in-progress. I'm planning to migrate from pvr.wmc to pvr.mythtv in the coming days and would really like to see this supported with the mythtv plug-in so as not to take a step back from what pvr.wmc offers.

Thank You!
@moronim, the addon send to kodi core the total duration of the recording (scheduled end time - start time). So IMO we should see the full duration when playing a recording in progress. But checking that with Jarvis, it is not the case and it shows a truncated duration based on current time. Really i don't know how pvr.wmc has tweaked the stuff to show full time.

In other way kodi should show what addon provides, but for this stuff that's not the case.