Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-29, 23:20)jsturgis Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same issues with openelec 5.0 and OSX Yosemite with Kodi Helix installed.

Issues I have seen are stuttering while playing liveTV (fixed by enabling demuxing), playback freezes after a few minutes of watching and the log says "MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Read: read position is ahead" repeatedly unless I pause for a few seconds and then play. I see these issues with both MythTV 0.27 and 0.28.

Everything was working fine on openelec 4.2.1 and liveTV works fine with mythfrontend, I checked the CPU use on the mythbackend machine and it never goes above 7%.

When the playback freezes I see this in the log:

CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Log file

When the playback freezes in Kodi the liveTV recording continues in MythTV, it seems like the mythTV addon is reading to far ahead and then playback freezes.

Any ideas on how to fix MythTV playback on Kodi Helix?

I'm getting the exact same error as you are when I don't use the cmyth version of the plugin. I've tried increasing the tuning delay, but that didnt' help at all.
(2014-12-26, 20:48)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-25, 08:46)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@dgrayfromdc , provided addon in kodi ppa is affected by a critical bug. Prefer my ppa "janbar ppa" where you will find the patched version (>=1.9.29).

(2014-12-24, 11:05)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I also seem to be having the same problem on my raspberry pi and on my laptop. When I loaded up openelec 4.2 gotham on my raspberry, using 1.9.20 it worked fine. However, as soon as I tried using 1.9.29 for gotham that you provided on your cloud server, video stalls after about 5 seconds.

On my laptop 1.10.1 stalls as well.

I have a ceton infinitv 4 PCIe card, which streams digital cable mpeg2-ts files.

Please using gotham version 1.9.22-29 Could you provide log with debug mode enabled : system->settings->system->debug AND addon settings->advanced tab->enable more debug...

Hi, here's a copy of the xbmc.log, running gotham 13.2 with mythtv plugin 1.9.22-29

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9625396/
It seems others guys have same stuthering playing liveTV. Reading log i saw only repeated "read ahead" caused by player asking bytes in advance: i suppose player read too fast the stream , and it is not synchronized with PTS of the video. Here i never have that. It could be caused by stream itself or decoder or how video buffer is handled,
Please, could you post a sample of livetv file ?

In cmyth addon when reading ahead i returned immediatly with zero bytes. In the new addon i wait for 100 ms to let more timeshift. Normally if player show video with normal speed you shouldn t have repeated "read ahead". So please post a sample a livetv file to let me try with them.
(2014-12-30, 14:24)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-26, 20:48)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-25, 08:46)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@dgrayfromdc , provided addon in kodi ppa is affected by a critical bug. Prefer my ppa "janbar ppa" where you will find the patched version (>=1.9.29).

Please using gotham version 1.9.22-29 Could you provide log with debug mode enabled : system->settings->system->debug AND addon settings->advanced tab->enable more debug...

Hi, here's a copy of the xbmc.log, running gotham 13.2 with mythtv plugin 1.9.22-29

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9625396/
It seems others guys have same stuthering playing liveTV. Reading log i saw only repeated "read ahead" caused by player asking bytes in advance: i suppose player read too fast the stream , and it is not synchronized with PTS of the video. Here i never have that. It could be caused by stream itself or decoder or how video buffer is handled,
Please, could you post a sample of livetv file ?

In cmyth addon when reading ahead i returned immediatly with zero bytes. In the new addon i wait for 100 ms to let more timeshift. Normally if player show video with normal speed you shouldn t have repeated "read ahead". So please post a sample a livetv file to let me try with them.

Hmm. I made a recording of a channel that would normally cause problems, but when I play it back through the "Recordings" menu, there's no problem, yet when I use live tv, through "Channels", it messes up within a few seconds.

Any other ideas on how to debug this issue?

Thanks for looking into the problem.
Read the last sentence of janbar's response.

Also try pausing livetv for a few seconds then see if problem persists after resuming.
(2014-12-30, 20:55)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Read the last sentence of janbar's response.

Also try pausing livetv for a few seconds then see if problem persists after resuming.

Hmm. Not sure what to make of Janbar's response? I can't provide him a recording, because all the recordings of the same feed play back fine when I watch them under the "recordings" menu, and won't display the problem like it does when I watching live tv.

I also tried pausing livetv for a few seconds and then restarting, and the problem is still pops up. This is a strange problem...

All the shows are playing at normal speed when I encounter the problem.

-------------

Edit: I just realized that the cmyth version has the same problem, and also throws back the error

"18:13:56 142923.234375 T:2863658048 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process - Event unknown, databuf:
18:13:57 142924.296875 T:2522870848 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
18:14:02 142929.859375 T:2863658048 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process - Event unknown, databuf:"

The difference is that cmyth seems to eventually play through the pauses, while the pvr.mythtv version simply hangs indefinitely.
(2014-12-30, 04:21)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is your backend set up with a 0000 pin number?

Yes, it is.
(2014-12-30, 23:20)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 20:55)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Read the last sentence of janbar's response.

Hmm. Not sure what to make of Janbar's response? I can't provide him a recording, because all the recordings of the same feed play back fine when I watch them under the "recordings" menu, and won't display the problem like it does when I watching live tv.

I also tried pausing livetv for a few seconds and then restarting, and the problem is still pops up. This is a strange problem...

All the shows are playing at normal speed when I encounter the problem.
Send him a sample anyway, there may be something odd in the stream.
I figured that the stuttering issue on my end was due to deinterlacing. Besides turning on VDPAU and VAAPI in Video settings, I chose the deinterlace method to VDPAU-Bob and the stuttering went away. You have to press M or Menu while playing TV and it gives you several options for deinterlacing.

Annoyingly I have to set this deinterlacing method for every single station. Why doesn't it stick? Is there any place where I can set it globally?
At the bottom of the dialog where you choose the deint. Set as default.
(2014-12-30, 23:23)emwebe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 04:21)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is your backend set up with a 0000 pin number?

Yes, it is.

Have you set IP address of backend in mythtv-setup ? Not a local address (127.0.0.1) but the interface address where your backend should listen.
LiveTV has been stuttering for me for well over a year (using the mythfrontend). I pause the stream for 1-2 seconds to let the buffer fill up. Then it is fine.

It has been this way all the way back to 0.25 IIRC. Nothing is ever in the myth logs related to this. If there is a fix I doubt it is in this plugin, but rather something in myth itself.
@Huuh

Reading last kmallick post, i realize some users don't know how to configure Kodi(xbmc) to be able to show video depending of their hardware. HD content cannot be handled by cpu and often SD content requires also accelerated GPU. For Linux your hardware has to be compliant with api VDPAU or VAAPI. So you have to enable VDPAU and/or VAAPI. Also you should start with default video configuration: deinterlace = Auto and deinterlace method = Auto select. Only in special case you should change these settings depending of stream type from channel.
With OSX, same remarks: start first with default configuration: enabled acceleration, deinterlace auto.
Some guys could publish their configuration on RPi and then we could update wiki to add a new section about hardware setting.
(2014-12-31, 16:56)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 23:23)emwebe Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, it is.

Have you set IP address of backend in mythtv-setup ? Not a local address (127.0.0.1) but the interface address where your backend should listen.

In mythtv-setup, the IP addresses for the local and the master backend could be set differently, though in my case, the master backend runs locally on the same machine (as well es xbmc). For the local address, I tried both, 127.0.0.1 as well as the IP address within the local network (the PC has a fixed IP address). In both cases, the same error messages are identical. The address of the master backend was always set to the IP address.

Using telnet, I checked wheter at least some service woult listen on port 6543, which is indeed the case. The settings in the pvr myth addon are consistent with that.
The IP address of the backend has to be set to the actual IP address of the machine, if you want to connect from another machine. 127.0.0.1 will not work. Period.

In the plugin, you use the IP address of the backend.

Do not change default port numbers.
(2014-12-31, 22:41)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]The IP address of the backend has to be set to the actual IP address of the machine, if you want to connect from another machine. 127.0.0.1 will not work. Period.

In the plugin, you use the IP address of the backend.

Do not change default port numbers.

Well, I have the following setup in mythtv-setup:

Local Backend:
IPv4 Address: 192.168.2.20
IPv6 Address: <some address>
Listen on link local address: checked
Port: 6543 Status Port: 6544
Security Pin: 0000

Master Backend:
IP Address: 192.168.2.20 Port: 6543

And in pvr mythtv:
MythTV Backend Hostname or IP: 192.168.2.20
MythTV Backend Port: 6543
MythTV Backend Port for API services; 6544
MythTV Security Pin for API services: 0000
Myth Backend Ethernet Address: 192.168.2.20
Activate LiveTV: checked

which is, as far as I can tell, is the default setup, which causes the previously described errors on my machine.