Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-02, 14:27)xmjsilverx Wrote: [ -> ]Since switching to this addon for live tv I have noticed a few times that my EPG will be empty in spots. I am using OTA info for my EPG but never experienced this before. Is there a way to refresh the EPG without restarting kodi and/or is there a fix for this?

Can you check if you have any error in your kodi.log file: Searching word "ERROR". If you see something about EPG it could be the root cause.
Else if no ERROR found i experienced this some times since kodi 14.0 rc3. Probably a bug was introduced in a last fix. I sugger to wait kodi 14.1. Currently i using 14.1 rc1 and i let you know if it occures again.

(2015-01-02, 15:35)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]this probably also explains why playback returns to the menu when you are flipping channels and you hit the channel that isn't coming in.

Yes for sure
(2015-01-02, 15:21)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 13:45)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeB2013 @Huuh

New releases 1.11.2 (helix) and 1.9.22-32 (gotham) should fix the transition issue. Let me know.

Really , the stuttering caused by reading ahead is strange. I cannot reproduce here but with your help we will close it definitively. Since xbmc frodo some guys have changed the behavior of live player. Now player breaks playback immediatly once received zero byte. By chance old cmyth addon handles sadly the mythtv buffer returning never 0. Since the new addon i made an effort to handle gracefully this stuff , but it was not counting changes of behavior from xbmc. Using internal demuxing, addon has its own buffer and it handles correctly the "no more bytes" retrying to read until timeout. Using xbmc demuxing you have no chance to read ahead because player stop playback immediatly. This behavior is stupid for live playback !
So now seems we found the root cause, and probably 1.11.2 and 1.9.22-32 fix it.

@janbar

Looking good.

Tested 1.11.2 on Helix using my main mythtv server (0.28pre).

Successfully running 3 frontends (Windows 7, Mythbuntu 64Bit, Raspbmc) at the same time over wifi watching HD or SD with no issues including transition of programs.

Demux of MPEG-TS is not enabled, previously I had pixellation and drop out to main kodi screen, which enabling Demux solved.

Streams tested DVB-T/T2, DVB-S/S2 no issues with any stream HD or SD with or without Demux enabled.

Mike

Great news ! Thanks to you. I will add in the wiki the link to download last build.
To all who are having issues with pvr.mythtv, please include your tuner hardware (e.g. HDHR3, InfiniTV4, etc). Some of us are thinking that certain problems may only exist for InfiniTV4 users.
(2015-01-02, 15:53)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 15:21)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 13:45)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeB2013 @Huuh

New releases 1.11.2 (helix) and 1.9.22-32 (gotham) should fix the transition issue. Let me know.

Really , the stuttering caused by reading ahead is strange. I cannot reproduce here but with your help we will close it definitively. Since xbmc frodo some guys have changed the behavior of live player. Now player breaks playback immediatly once received zero byte. By chance old cmyth addon handles sadly the mythtv buffer returning never 0. Since the new addon i made an effort to handle gracefully this stuff , but it was not counting changes of behavior from xbmc. Using internal demuxing, addon has its own buffer and it handles correctly the "no more bytes" retrying to read until timeout. Using xbmc demuxing you have no chance to read ahead because player stop playback immediatly. This behavior is stupid for live playback !
So now seems we found the root cause, and probably 1.11.2 and 1.9.22-32 fix it.

@janbar

Looking good.

Tested 1.11.2 on Helix using my main mythtv server (0.28pre).

Successfully running 3 frontends (Windows 7, Mythbuntu 64Bit, Raspbmc) at the same time over wifi watching HD or SD with no issues including transition of programs.

Demux of MPEG-TS is not enabled, previously I had pixellation and drop out to main kodi screen, which enabling Demux solved.

Streams tested DVB-T/T2, DVB-S/S2 no issues with any stream HD or SD with or without Demux enabled.

Mike

Great news ! Thanks to you. I will add in the wiki the link to download last build.

It looks like it's working so far with my raspberry pi too!
@janbar

I have just built Android arm (Kodi 14.1-RC-1 Git:2015-01-02-4c4a9c0-dirty (Compiled: Jan 2 2015), with pvr.mythtv 1.11.2 and tested on a couple of devices.

Both SD and HD work, with or without Demux enabled.

Mike
Working here as well, with demux turned off. Different frontends, HDHR-4DC.

There's still issues with receiving json commands, where it doesn't always do the switch. Kodi just exits to main menu some times, or crashes (restarting in my case, running as service on Ubuntu Server). Channel switching from the channel list in the PVR works everytime.
Just built 1.9.22-32 for Gotham, and it works! I received a few timeouts, and so I increased the tuner time. But then I tried again with demuxing on, and it worked with the standard timeout setting. Going to reinstall kodibuntu, and give it a shot there.

Thanks Janbar!
@janbar Thanks! playback is working great for me with version 1.11.2.
(2015-01-03, 07:25)jsturgis Wrote: [ -> ]@janbar Thanks! playback is working great for me with version 1.11.2.

Built a test box, Myth 0.28, Kodi 15.0 A1, MythTV PVR 1.11.2 and Ceton InfiniTV4 tuner cards... seems to be working so far on my Linux clients.

issues... pixelation on clients, and when a show ends, and another begins, playback stops/crashes....

Playback on the source pc has minor pixelation...

Playback on Myth 0.27, Kodi 15-A1, MythPVR 1.11.2, and Ceton InfiniTV4 tuner cards is working good on some channels, pixelation on some channels. Compiled MythPVR 1.11.2 for Windows clients, and it is working the same. Not sure how to compile MythPVR for Openelec....
I have updated to Janbar's 1.11.2 and most everything is working well. However, my audio in live TV on my front end is severely out of sync with the video. There is no such problem when playing recordings.

I have played around with the settings in the Systems menu, but no luck. I tried tweaking the sound delay in video menu, but I just can't get it to work right. Should I check some other settings first to make the audio get in sync with video? I am looking for any helpful advice here.
(2015-01-03, 23:14)kmallick Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to Janbar's 1.11.2 and most everything is working well. However, my audio in live TV on my front end is severely out of sync with the video. There is no such problem when playing recordings.

I have played around with the settings in the Systems menu, but no luck. I tried tweaking the sound delay in video menu, but I just can't get it to work right. Should I check some other settings first to make the audio get in sync with video? I am looking for any helpful advice here.

Please post a debug log from the front end session.

Mike
Thanks for the great work. I just compiled the latest version 1.11.2 for OSX and all seems to work good apart from one minor issue.

I have two mac minis with Kodi running on them. If I have a channel open on one I can open that same channel on my other mac mini. However if I try to select a different channel it just sais channel unavailable. So at the moment I can watch TV on both Mac Mini's but it has to be the same channel both can't be different. I can't remember having this issue with the previous versions? I had a look through and couldn't find this issue being mentioned. Apologies if it has already.

I have missed something easy here? Undecided
(2015-01-06, 09:24)Grayman001 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the great work. I just compiled the latest version 1.11.2 for OSX and all seems to work good apart from one minor issue.

I have two mac minis with Kodi running on them. If I have a channel open on one I can open that same channel on my other mac mini. However if I try to select a different channel it just sais channel unavailable. So at the moment I can watch TV on both Mac Mini's but it has to be the same channel both can't be different. I can't remember having this issue with the previous versions? I had a look through and couldn't find this issue being mentioned. Apologies if it has already.

Please post a debug log.

However, I am guessing that you have more than one tuner, each with different video sources on your mythtv-backend, you need to change channel group in Kodi to that of another video source. At present pvr.mythtv does not automatically switch between different video sources for the same channel number.

Mike
(2015-01-06, 10:06)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-06, 09:24)Grayman001 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the great work. I just compiled the latest version 1.11.2 for OSX and all seems to work good apart from one minor issue.

Please post a debug log.

However, I am guessing that you have more than one tuner, each with different video sources on your mythtv-backend, you need to change channel group in Kodi to that of another video source. At present pvr.mythtv does not automatically switch between different video sources for the same channel number.

Mike

No I just have the one Tuner with one Backend running. Just have to quickly pop out and grab some stuff and will post de-bug log when I get back.

**Edit - All seems to be good now. Sorted itself out haha**
how can I install your add-on for a i386 version of 5.0 Openelec. I'm using a older atom processor that doesn't support x86. I noticed your cloud server doesn't have a i386 version..,