Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you installed the addon from zip, you have to deinstall it from addon screen in kodi.
It will remove the addon installed in user folder. Else use apt-get to deinstall the addon provided from ppa repo.
Since Jarvis the addon provided with kodi is uptodate.
I don't know if this is a Kodi 16.0 problem or a pvr.mythtv 3.4.6 problem.

I use to use Kodi/TV/Timer similar to the Mythtv Frontend Upcoming Recordings. At least in 14 and 15.

But now with Kodi 16, I don't know what I'm looking at. Even with list by date ascending selected, I can't seem to get a list of upcoming recordings.

What do I need to do to get "Upcoming Recording" listed. I like to check to make sure what is going to record is what I expect.

Jim A
The way I found to do this with the Confluence skin is to set your sort to Date and Ascending, then disable the grouping option.
Similar to the above, when I look at upcoming recordings (key B), it is filled with my power search items, and makes it very hard to see what is coming up.
Is there a way to hide the power search items?
hmmm, since 16.0 (jarvis) , the rules are displayed as parent folder. Entering inside a rule you should see the incoming. Isn't it ?

update:
- the "title" of timer rule contains the MythTV rule name
- the "title" of timer (upcoming genetated for the rule) contains the guide title of the show upcoming.

clicking touch "B" will show all timers (upcoming) in a flat screen. The upcoming title are same as their guide title of upcoming shows.

hummm, i am not very clear ...

before 16.0, the addon was able to show only a mix of upcoming and their rule. Now Jarvis supports "timer rules" feature and all upcoming are grouped in their respective rule.

Also now, you are able to show conflict at rule level and upcoming level. And you can disable upcoming (or re-enable) to select preferred show to record.
Disabling a show will create an override telling "Not recording". Re-enabling a show will remove the override and the show will be rescheduled by the backend.
Hi Janbar,

The issue was pre Jarvis, as you suggest. I was hoping it would improve with Jarvis

My issue is that I have around 100 power searches, and to see what is coming up for the next week, I would have to open each of them.
With the previous method, the upcoming recordings were listed, and easy to view.

Hope this explains better

EDIT: Also, I have found that it does not keep the bookmark at times, and restarts the recording from the start.
Hi.. I just upgraded mythtv from 0.27 to 0.28, but Kodi is unable to connect.

mythbackend.log shows:

Mar 7 18:22:17 MediaCenter mythbackend: mythbackend[15552]: C ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1581 (HandleVersion) MainServer: MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 87 but we speak 88!
(2016-03-07, 20:28)richardambridge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.. I just upgraded mythtv from 0.27 to 0.28, but Kodi is unable to connect.

mythbackend.log shows:

Mar 7 18:22:17 MediaCenter mythbackend: mythbackend[15552]: C ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1581 (HandleVersion) MainServer: MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 87 but we speak 88!

As a guess you need to update the version of pvr.mythtv addon in Kodi, the way this is done depends on
- version of Kodi you are using (Isengard, Jarvis etc)
- platform on which Kodi is running (Windows, Linux, Android etc)

A full Kodi debug log will have all the information see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Mike
So, I was running 2.8.4 version, and upgraded to 2.8.5, but it was still complaining about version 87 not 88.
I found I had to uninstall the client, and reinstall 2.8.5 and reboot and it now works.
Hi is there any way for me to change the default timer type selected in the 'Add Timer' dialogue?

The only time I use Add Timer (as opposed to just pressing the record button on a show) is to add a series recording - so ideally it would have 'Record All' pre selected (or whatever a user wants by default)?
I've screwed up and uninstalled the default install of the MythTV PVR addon from my FireTVs Kodi (Jarvis) install. I can't seem to find a repository or zip of the addon. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I can't find a repository or zip of the addon either. I've upgraded to Kodi 16.0 today and my MythTV plugin has disappeared and I can't find any PVR clients listed. I'm running Kodi on my Qnap Turbo NAS
Just an FYI....

I decided to try out the latest Krypton nightly build, KodiSetup-20160311-d6bf680-master.exe, under Windows 10. The MythTV PVR addon fails to load with this version. The log shows:

18:07:58 T:1696 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
18:07:59 T:12460 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
18:07:59 T:7772 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MythTV PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '5.1.0', add-on API version '1.9.6'
18:07:59 T:7772 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV PVR Client, status = 6
18:07:59 T:7772 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR Client, disabling it
18:08:36 T:1696 ERROR: Unable to activate the previous window
18:09:22 T:13072 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(androidapps) in androidapps://

It's early in the V17.0 development cycle, and I'm sure this will be fixed in due time.
Would it be possible to add support to show the group for deleted recordings also? Or is that a skin feature?
(2016-03-14, 22:45)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add support to show the group for deleted recordings also? Or is that a skin feature?

I believe it's a skin feature. In the view options for the recordings there should be an option to show deleted items. Of course, that only works if the deleted items are recoverable.