Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-03, 18:35)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the new version for a while now on a Linux platform and noticed a LiveTV quirk and before that I was using the older cmyth version without issues. I currently use the following setup:
  • mythtv 0.28 master
When I watch LiveTV on any of the XBMC nodes I notice that I get pixelation of video/audio every so often that I never experienced with the cmyth version of the plugin….

Any thoughts or data needed?
One thought: When you were using cmyth, your backend was presumably mythtv 0.27 or earlier, as opposed to the alpha mythtv 0.28. Have you tried another frontend to assess whether the backend may be the cause?
(2014-11-03, 20:10)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-03, 18:35)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the new version for a while now on a Linux platform and noticed a LiveTV quirk and before that I was using the older cmyth version without issues. I currently use the following setup:
  • mythtv 0.28 master
When I watch LiveTV on any of the XBMC nodes I notice that I get pixelation of video/audio every so often that I never experienced with the cmyth version of the plugin….

One thought: When you were using cmyth, your backend was presumably mythtv 0.27 or earlier, as opposed to the alpha mythtv 0.28. Have you tried another frontend to assess whether the backend may be the cause?

I went to 0.28 to enable the EDL function of the new plugin and then found out the flaws in the EDL disabled EDL. I just find it odd that I can do everything but LiveTV without pixelation/audio issues and wondered if anyone else had the same problems.
My point is that you have changed major variables, including the backend and the Kodi plugin. It would be informative to see whether the problem exists using a frontend other than Kodi with your current backend.
(2014-11-03, 20:05)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
  • mythtv 0.28 master
  • Ubuntu 14.04 (backend & XBMC frontend)
  • 2X HDHomeRun Prime
  • Everything gigabit connected
  • mythtv storage is 2 1TB in Raid 0

When I watch LiveTV on any of the XBMC nodes I notice that I get pixelation of video/audio every so often that I never experienced with the cmyth version of the plugin. This doesn't happen when mythtv does recordings or I watch recordings using XBMC. I also know that if I am doing multiple recordings and watching, basically taxing the system to the nines I don't see any issues with recordings but only on LiveTV.

I've done 6 recordings at once and watched two recordings on my two XBMC nodes at the same time without zero video/audio issues as I do with LiveTV.

Try setting Enable demuxing MPEG-TS in Advanced tab of mythtv pvr addons.

Mike

Yes, good idea !

In the addon, the only difference between live and recording playback is handling of program breaks ! Nothing else.
Aso xbmc handles live stream in an other way. Using internal demuxing could resolve your case.
@pyrodex ,

Also Live TV is real-time playback. It means tuner has to provide stream in time: You can also try to "pause" the playback for few secondes to grow timeshift. Let me know.
Janbar/Anyone else who might know

Anyway to get this on an ARM/AMLogic box? I was just given this device called lilttle black box v2, which is basically an android based device from what i can determine, but just runs XBMC 13.2. I can use the old Cmyth plugin because it comes with it, but dont know how to get this new on one to it, or if its possible.

Cheers!
[Feature Request] Janbar, you recently created a new preference to ask (when EDL is detected in a program) whether the user wants commercial skipping activated for the specific program. If the answer is 'no', the EDL is not loaded.

The purpose of the change was to deal with EDLs that have not accurately marked commercials and therefore cause the PVR to skip over program content. I have a suggestion that, I think, would have added utility: A preference that loads the EDL, but does not automatically skip when it finds a commercial break.

In this scenario, if an EDL is loaded, the user can still press the up button during a commercial break to skip to the next mark (which should be the end of the commercial). The user also has the choice to press right to skip ahead in smaller increments, or do nothing. This would be particularly useful in circumstances that I find pretty common, where ads are marked correctly for most of a show, but the bit after the last ad is treated like another ad, and skipped over.

The proposed change (loading the EDL but not skipping automatically) would provide additional utility and flexibility.
With the announcement of Kodi Beta 1 do you foresee a PPA being available?
(2014-11-04, 16:19)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar/Anyone else who might know

Anyway to get this on an ARM/AMLogic box? I was just given this device called lilttle black box v2, which is basically an android based device from what i can determine, but just runs XBMC 13.2. I can use the old Cmyth plugin because it comes with it, but dont know how to get this new on one to it, or if its possible.

Cheers!

Not for XBMC 13.2 (Gotham) unless you build the whole of xbmc yourself, together with the pvr addons from janbar.

For Kodi (XBMC 14) you could install the android-arm Beta1 which does include a version of pvr.mythtv (a little behind that in janbar master but not that much).

Mike
(2014-11-04, 22:02)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ][Feature Request] Janbar, you recently created a new preference to ask (when EDL is detected in a program) whether the user wants commercial skipping activated for the specific program. If the answer is 'no', the EDL is not loaded.

The purpose of the change was to deal with EDLs that have not accurately marked commercials and therefore cause the PVR to skip over program content. I have a suggestion that, I think, would have added utility: A preference that loads the EDL, but does not automatically skip when it finds a commercial break.

In this scenario, if an EDL is loaded, the user can still press the up button during a commercial break to skip to the next mark (which should be the end of the commercial). The user also has the choice to press right to skip ahead in smaller increments, or do nothing. This would be particularly useful in circumstances that I find pretty common, where ads are marked correctly for most of a show, but the bit after the last ad is treated like another ad, and skipped over.

The proposed change (loading the EDL but not skipping automatically) would provide additional utility and flexibility.

Now EDLs skip are handle by xbmc player. Addon transfers only the list of cuts. It could be a new feature for kodi I...
(2014-11-05, 05:22)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]With the announcement of Kodi Beta 1 do you foresee a PPA being available?

Kodi team should provide it. It is why i made PR to official repo. Also it can be compiled easily from sources for all linux , there is no dependencies like the old using cmyth. Just do:

./bootstrap
./configure
make -C lib/cppmyth
make -C addons/pvr.mythtv zip
(2014-11-03, 20:05)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-03, 18:35)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the new version for a while now on a Linux platform and noticed a LiveTV quirk and before that I was using the older cmyth version without issues.
When I watch LiveTV on any of the XBMC nodes I notice that I get pixelation of video/audio every so often that I never experienced with the cmyth version of the plugin. This doesn't happen when mythtv does recordings or I watch recordings using XBMC. I also know that if I am doing multiple recordings and watching, basically taxing the system to the nines I don't see any issues with recordings but only on LiveTV.

Try setting Enable demuxing MPEG-TS in Advanced tab of mythtv pvr addons.

Mike

thanks Mike - i was having the same issue after upgrading today and that took care of it.
(2014-11-07, 00:17)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-04, 22:02)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ][b][Feature Request] … The proposed change (loading the EDL but not skipping automatically) would provide additional utility and flexibility.

Now EDLs skip are handle by xbmc player. Addon transfers only the list of cuts. It could be a new feature for kodi I...
Thanks. I have posted the suggestion in Kodi Feature Requests Forum.
I have a MythTV 27 back end with two Ceton Infinitv 4s and Kodi Beta 2 front ends.

With pvr.mythtv add-on Live TV stops at random but works fine with the cmythtv add-on. Backend thinks it's still streaming...

Anyone else have issues with the Ceton and the pvr.mythtv add-on?

-Mike
Janbar

Never really messed with livetv to much, but now that basketball has started, I have been using it alot. Seems like every time I change the channel, xbmc kicks me out back to the epg and I have to select my channel all over again. I use an HD PVR box for recording off my satellite, and i can see the box change the channels like normal, and start recording it. And right at the time xbmc is to show the channel, bam back to the EPG. It is really frustrating. I would have to say it happens like 95% of the time. And when it works i might get one to two channel changes before it kicks me back out to the EPG

Heres the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=346834
Let me know if you need more info, or mythbackend logs. I can reproduce this all the time

Using MythTV fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-6-ge0b0027] on Linux NASTY 3.13.0-39-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 28 13:30:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Mythbuntu 14.04