Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

Subfolders could be removed. But someone like them to group all episodes of same show and some others prefer flatten view. hmmm !
What we can do:
- detect series and then create a folder to group them
- if no series (no episode number or season number etc...) then i don't create a folder and keep it flatten.

Have you other proposition ?

Edit: "Client action" could be use too: adding a item to switch view "flatten/series"
How about a simple algorithm like "if there is only one thing called this, assume it's a movie. No subfoldr. Otherwise it's TV so make a subfolder"
@all,

So, finally i think to close 1.9.20 and start 1.9.21 soon after holidays Wink. The 1.9.20 will contains:

- Detect audio codec AAC LATM or AAC ADTS by parsing
- Enable EDL for MPEG-TS stream
- Fix timeout: 60 sec to hang up
- Fix refreshing artwork after program update event
- Send wol packet magic to wake up backend on startup or not connected

1.9.21 could start with "Cosmetic for recording screen".
Channel Mapping

I have three DVB-T tuners with 2 different sourceid's and thus should be able to view 3 different channels on different multiplexes on different xbmc systems. The 3rd attempt results in channel unavailable. The first 2 are ok as they use the same sourceid.

For example channel named "4seven" channel number 47 has three possible chanid's, one for each sourceid. Note it is possible that there is more than 1 chanid per sourceid for a given channel number

select channum,callsign,name,chanid,sourceid from channel where name="4seven";
+---------+----------+--------+--------+----------+
| channum | callsign | name | chanid | sourceid |
| 47 | 4seven | 4seven | 1047 | 1 |
| 47 | 4seven | 4seven | 23250 | 2 |
| 47 | 4seven | 4seven | 3047 | 3 |

Sourceid 1 has two physical tuners and 10 encoders .
Sourceid 2 has two physical tuners and 10 encoders.
Sourceid 3 has one physical tuner and 5 encoders

xbmc log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=269074

Also any progress on my previously reported problem with AAC LATM post 161,
if more samples would help let me know.

Mike
(2014-08-15, 13:28)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@all,

So, finally i think to close 1.9.20 and start 1.9.21 soon after holidays Wink. The 1.9.20 will contains:

- Detect audio codec AAC LATM or AAC ADTS by parsing
- Enable EDL for MPEG-TS stream
- Fix timeout: 60 sec to hang up
- Fix refreshing artwork after program update event
- Send wol packet magic to wake up backend on startup or not connected

1.9.21 could start with "Cosmetic for recording screen".

Awesome stuff, sorry I haven't been able to test the recent changes yet, we haven't watched much tv with the 1 week old baby.
(2014-08-15, 16:47)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Channel Mapping

I have three DVB-T tuners with 2 different sourceid's and thus should be able to view 3 different channels on different multiplexes on different xbmc systems. The 3rd attempt results in channel unavailable. The first 2 are ok as they use the same sourceid.

For example channel named "4seven" channel number 47 has three possible chanid's, one for each sourceid. Note it is possible that there is more than 1 chanid per sourceid for a given channel number

Mike
Hi, i think to see the defect. Probably the reason is addon merges all same channels (sign) in one identified with the first id. When checking recorder state the input differs with the merged channel. I will see how i can handle this case and let you know.

About LATM, It should be resolved now. But i cannot validate it here. You have to try the last master. Thanks

Mike

Why different sourceids? Does each tuner get a different set of channels?
(2014-08-15, 22:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]

Mike

Why different sourceids? Does each tuner get a different set of channels?

Each tuner can have a different set of channels, but there may be channels that are common across tuners.

In the UK where we have Freeview (antenna) and Freesat/Sky (satellite) it is common to give the same channel number to the same channel name.

Mythtvbackend just picks from all available tuners that can receive the channel number no matter what the sourceid is. The actual tuner picked is based on the tuners "live tv" and "recording" priority attributes.

In the case of my DVB-T tuners, two of the tuners cannot receive HD channels, but the other one can, hence the different sourceids (video sources in mythtv backend). The Freesat/Sky (satellite) tuners have yet another sourceid.

I am running the latest master and the AAC LATM no audio problem is still present.

Mike
I thought when you said 3 dvb-t tuners that they must all be picking up the same transmissions. I guess some are dvb-t2 or something? My own market (freeview NZ) does not require dvb-t2 for HD.
(2014-08-16, 12:05)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I thought when you said 3 dvb-t tuners that they must all be picking up the same transmissions. I guess some are dvb-t2 or something? My own market (freeview NZ) does not require dvb-t2 for HD.

Generally the 3 tuners do pick up the same transmissions, but only one handles HD, which in the UK is dvb-t2 with AAC LATM audio.

UK satellite HD, uses dvb-s2,with ac3 audio.

Mike
(2014-08-15, 02:53)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]HI,

Subfolders could be removed. But someone like them to group all episodes of same show and some others prefer flatten view. hmmm !
What we can do:
- detect series and then create a folder to group them
- if no series (no episode number or season number etc...) then i don't create a folder and keep it flatten.

Have you other proposition ?

Edit: "Client action" could be use too: adding a item to switch view "flatten/series"

Could it be done based on recording group if its going to be a switch?
Some with tv episodes, I want all episodes in the same folder, selected movies recording group, I would like flat.
It would be great if this could be done.

I more change, can we have a parameter for the default sorting?
At the moment it sorts from newest to oldest
When catching up on a series, you want to watch in the opposite order (oldest to newest), so have to change the order
But, when they have all been watched, the folder disappears (good), but when it comes back it defaults to newest first again, so has to be changed again
Hope this makes sense.

With those two changes, it would be perfect for me Smile
Hi,

After doing a rebuild of my HTPC, and restoring the db from a mythconvert_backup.pl I don't get any thumbnails in XBMC with latest plugin.

I backed up my db and my recordings are on external drives. I installed 14.04.1 ubuntu plus latest Mythbuntu 0.28 release and latest of this plugin.

I see errors in xbmc.log along the lines of:

13:40:19 T:140607182993152 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Process: Failed to read file: type: 4, local: /home/jason/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/channelIcon/1030
13:40:19 T:140607182993152 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)GetChannelIcon: invalid response

I can't see anything in the server logs.

Mythweb correctly shows the artwork.

Never mind it seems to be just one programme that is not working. For some reason in mythweb it appears as two groups with the same name, so probably some issue with my import I need to fix.
Using myth 0.28 could cause problems, it is in fact the master development branch.
(2014-08-17, 08:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Using myth 0.28 could cause problems, it is in fact the master development branch.

As I think we have discussed previously I know that. And I also know that janbar is supporting 0.28 in this PVR as there are certain features that don't work in 0.27.

Plus in the case of mythtv the Dev branch is usually quite stable as the Dev team all run it and fix any build breaks.
Sorry we might have discussed that, I forgot that it was this thread.