Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@metaron,

Your hack alllows to show "mythtv server flag" instead kodi managed flag. So yes you will see the watched status from the server, but now it will never updated for new recording watched from kodi. Only if you watch recording from mythfrontend will update the flag.
(2015-05-22, 17:44)mattlach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-30, 19:30)mattlach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-14, 10:20)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]I pushed the git branch helix_read_timeout including the fixes. You can try it.

Has this been merged into the version in the PPA? Been running on this version I compiled from git, would be nice to switch back to the PPA version.

Thanks,
Matt

Any word on this?

Thank you,
Matt

Has been merged in ppa version.
@janbar - You're right. I noticed that my second RPi wasn't showing the episodes I marked watched yesterday evening.
Too good to be true I guess...
Wading through the changes to mythtv between protocol 77 and 80 to find the ones which make this work looks like it might be a bit much. If I find a quick fix I'll post back, but I guess others have tried before. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have an issue with pvr.mythtv (1.12.6) which I'm using in Raspberry Pi (openelec 5.0.8) and have MythTV 0.27 running in my server.
I have system up, I can view programs, EPG, etc. Everything works ok, but the issue I have is that I cannot set bookmarks for the shows I have watched. With earlier XBMC (Gotham) Mythtv addon version it worked ok.

I have 20+ years of experience in SW design and debugging in mobile phone industry, so I though I give it a try and try to see from logs if there is some clear indication what is the issue. I enabled extra debug traces from pvr.mythtv addon advanced config, but still I don't see all the log messages. I only get Mythtv addon NOTICE and ERROR lines in the log file (/storage/.kodi/temp/kogi.log). And there is nothing about bookmarks.

Am I doing something wrong to enable the DEBUG logs?
Any known errors with the bookmarks?

-Metu71-
If you read this thread you will see the problem. 0.27 doesn't have the facilities for this in it's API. 0.28 does.
Thanks, nickr. I apologize for being too lazy to do that in the first place. This thread is getting quite long...

Do you have any ideas about the logging of the pvr.mythtv? Now that my daughter is getting older I start to have more spare time and maybe I could help implementing/testing some new features to the addon. Before doing that I need to have basic practices covered.
Hi Janbar,

Do you have any idea what is causing these errors?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11119586/

07:20:51 T:140712725182208 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetPreviewIconPath: determined localFilename: /home/derek/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail/2585_1427677200_000
07:20:51 T:140712725182208 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetPreviewIconPath: preview: 2585_1427763600_000
and
07:20:51 T:140713362700032 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)GetPreviewImage1_32: invalid response
07:20:51 T:140712725182208 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetPreviewIconPath: preview: 2589_1411044000_000
07:20:51 T:140712725182208 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetPreviewIconPath: determined localFilename: /home/derek/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail/2589_1411044000_000
07:20:51 T:140713362700032 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Process: Failed to read file: type: 1, local: /home/derek/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail/1072_1389870000_000
I'm sure here is plenty of people who knows better, please correct if my finding is not relevant/correct.

To me it seems that your MythTV backend isn't holding preview images for your recordings. If you browse you media library using MythTV frontend (for example locally in MythTV server machine) can you see preview images for your recordings? The first line on the response is saying the status for the request and that is checked in GetResponse function. That is the only place in that function that can change the default return value (false) to true.

This is the first line in the response: (CPPMyth)GetResponse: HTTP/1.1 301 Unknown
Quick questions.
I have installed Openelec 6.0 Beta (5.95.1)
When I try to install your myth add-on(1.12.18), I get a message "Dependencies not met".
I can install and use MythTV PVR Addon that is in the openelec repository.

Is your addin not yet ready for the 6.0 beta?

Your add-in seemed to run great on 5.0.x.

I don't want to start a flame war but can you describe how your addon is different?
It is the same add-on although maybe different versions.
I see from the first post that this is a fork using a new Myth API and that the old addin is using an API that is scheduled for deprecation.

So same authors I guess?
Any thought about Why the install failed on OpenElec 5.95.1?
(2015-05-27, 03:39)smitopher Wrote: [ -> ]I see from the first post that this is a fork using a new Myth API and that the old addin is using an API that is scheduled for deprecation.

So same authors I guess?
Any thought about Why the install failed on OpenElec 5.95.1?

There was pvr.cmyth.mythtv, which used the cmyth library. It is no longer developed AFAIK.

There is now pvr.mythtv which this thread is about and which uses the myth services api.

I am guessing 1.12.18 is not compiled for Kodi Isengard, and as of 6beta (ie 5.95.x) openelec now package the addon via a repo rather than including it in the main download/install. See http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announ...1-released

So yeah it is logical that you would install pvr.mythtv from the openelec repo, and that the one on janbar's github would be for Helix.

What version did you end up with installing from OE's repo?
(2015-05-27, 03:47)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]What version did you end up with installing from OE's repo?
2.1.1, so you can imagine my confusion.
Sounds like you got the right thing then.
(2015-05-25, 14:48)metu71 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure here is plenty of people who knows better, please correct if my finding is not relevant/correct.

To me it seems that your MythTV backend isn't holding preview images for your recordings. If you browse you media library using MythTV frontend (for example locally in MythTV server machine) can you see preview images for your recordings? The first line on the response is saying the status for the request and that is checked in GetResponse function. That is the only place in that function that can change the default return value (false) to true.

This is the first line in the response: (CPPMyth)GetResponse: HTTP/1.1 301 Unknown

The files in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail have many with zero length
I deleted one and copied another to its name and the error for that one ceased.

However just deleting them all, brings them back zero length as well.
I cannot find where they are coming from.
I did a search of the whole system (all disks), but the names (and partial names) only appear in the thumbnail directory