Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I'm confused Huh Some help would be much appreciated.

Here's what I have:

Raspberry Pi 3 (Mythbackend): Latest 0.28 MythTV backend on top of Raspbian. All configured and seemingly running fine.

Cubox (front end): Latest stable OpenELEC (6.0.3). I also installed latest available MythTV add-on (2.8.4)

However, when attempting to connect to the backend I see this error output:

Quote:Client speaks protocol 87 but we speak 88!

I tried downloading the MythTV add-on directly from http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download because it's a later version (2.8.5). However, this results in exactly the same problem when trying to connect to the backend.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks
UPDATE: I restarted OpenELEC and now it allows me to enable the MythTV add-on. However, when I try to watch any channel, it just shows a "Channel Unavailable" animation Confused

Anyone know what would cause this? The mythbackend output doesn't seem to indicate any problem.

UPDATE AGAIN: sorry, googled it and found I just needed to disable IPv6!

On to the next problem! (Mythweb PHP error)
(2016-10-02, 23:14)glubbish Wrote: [ -> ]My problem is with grouped tv series, and the sort order.

The sort order defaults to descending, making the newest episode of the series first.
Where I think it should be ascending, so the oldest (unwatched) episode is at the top of the list, and can be watched in order.

This order can be changed, but if the group empties (all watched and deleted) then if defaults back to descending for that group.
When I come back to watch that show, they are again newest at the top

@glubbish - having dug in this area of the code before, I suspect that sort order is controlled by kodi PVR core code, not @janbar's addon.

I'm not sure exactly where the sort order is stored but it appears to be something local i.e. not exportable by using Kodi with a common SQL server. (I use SQL to store the kodi settings and my kodi clients each have separate sort order)

As each folder can have a different sort order my guess would be that when the last entry in a particular PVR path is deleted, kodi core tidies up after itself and deletes the sort order preference.

I'd suggest asking on the generic PVR section of the forum to see if anyone knows how to change kodi's default sort order preference rather than in the specific mythv section.

A short term solution could be to always keep at least one episode hanging arround (you can mark it as watched). That way kodi core won't delete your sort order preference for that folder.
Hi all,
I reviewed mythtv api last week and seems i missed to take in account the possibility to set bookmark on recording , since latest releasing of 0.28.
Today addon stores last watched position of recording using kodi feature.
Have you any objection to use backend bookmark instead ? ... as it was 2 years ago with previous version of the addon.
(2016-11-29, 21:01)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
I reviewed mythtv api last week and seems i missed to take in account the possibility to set bookmark on recording , since latest releasing of 0.28.
Today addon stores last watched position of recording using kodi feature.
Have you any objection to use backend bookmark instead ? ... as it was 2 years ago with previous version of the addon.

This could mean that kodi frontends start to share bookmarks which some people might not want.
Make it an option?
I could see bookmarks being shared as a positive, assuming that the programming will most often be watched by the same person or people, transitioning from one room to another. Sort of like netflix resuming from where you left off, when you stop watching in the family room and pick up the show elsewhere.
Would this also help with a bookmark at current position in a recording when you press record on LiveTV?
(2016-11-19, 10:53)metaron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 23:14)glubbish Wrote: [ -> ]My problem is with grouped tv series, and the sort order.

The sort order defaults to descending, making the newest episode of the series first.
Where I think it should be ascending, so the oldest (unwatched) episode is at the top of the list, and can be watched in order.

This order can be changed, but if the group empties (all watched and deleted) then if defaults back to descending for that group.
When I come back to watch that show, they are again newest at the top

@glubbish - having dug in this area of the code before, I suspect that sort order is controlled by kodi PVR core code, not @janbar's addon.

I'm not sure exactly where the sort order is stored but it appears to be something local i.e. not exportable by using Kodi with a common SQL server. (I use SQL to store the kodi settings and my kodi clients each have separate sort order)

As each folder can have a different sort order my guess would be that when the last entry in a particular PVR path is deleted, kodi core tidies up after itself and deletes the sort order preference.

I'd suggest asking on the generic PVR section of the forum to see if anyone knows how to change kodi's default sort order preference rather than in the specific mythv section.

A short term solution could be to always keep at least one episode hanging arround (you can mark it as watched). That way kodi core won't delete your sort order preference for that folder.

Hi Metaron,

Thanks for looking at this.
When the sort order is changed, it stays that way, so when a new group is created, could you not update the table to use the defaulted sort order (of your choice), just as though it was chosen from the menu?

Thanks Glubbish
(2016-11-30, 22:25)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]Would this also help with a bookmark at current position in a recording when you press record on LiveTV?

Nice idea ! ==> I implemented this feature in addon 4.11.0

EDIT: feature has been merged for krypton
Also recording last played position is handled by the backend since that version of the addon and for backend version >= 0.28 (protocol 88).

@metaron , if you think a setting is required to disabled that let me know. But many users want it since I had deactivated the feature in version 2 of the addon.
(2016-11-29, 22:07)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]I could see bookmarks being shared as a positive, assuming that the programming will most often be watched by the same person or people, transitioning from one room to another. Sort of like netflix resuming from where you left off, when you stop watching in the family room and pick up the show elsewhere.

The feature is enabled since addon 4.11.0. Enjoy !
janbar Wrote: [ -> ]@metaron , if you think a setting is required to disabled that let me know. But many users want it since I had deactivated the feature in version 2 of the addon.

I don't think it needs an option.
(2016-12-04, 21:25)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 22:25)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]Would this also help with a bookmark at current position in a recording when you press record on LiveTV?
Nice idea ! ==> I implemented this feature in addon 4.11.0

Thank you.
How do I get this working on the new Kodi beta on Fedora? Is there a ready built version of the add on, or where do I get the sources from?
(2016-12-10, 20:01)biggaz Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get this working on the new Kodi beta on Fedora? Is there a ready built version of the add on, or where do I get the sources from?

My lastest sources are : https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv
to compile a standalone addon for krypton in a fedora, do the following:
Code:
git clone --depth=1 --branch krypton  https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv pvr.mythtv
mkdir -p pvr.mythtv/build
cd pvr.mythtv/build
cmake .. -DPACKAGE_ZIP=ON
make -j4
make package
Then install the generated zip file (the addon package) from kodi using menu "Install from zip"

Nota: If you want use later the official released addon, then you will have to uninstall the addon (using kodi addon menu) first.
If you know about SPEC file you could use the following to build the rpm for your fedora:
file "pvr.mythtv.spec"
Code:
%define pvr_version                 4.11.2
%define serial                      1
%define tag                         037453f5514a67786614b73b3cbd5b82efe4a17f

Name:           pvr.mythtv
Version:        %pvr_version
Release:        %serial
Summary:        MythTV PVR for Kodi

Group:          Applications/Multimedia
License:        GPLv2
URL:            https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv
Packager:       janbar <[email protected]>

BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
BuildRequires:  glibc-devel
BuildRequires:  cmake >= 2.8.12
BuildRequires:  git

Requires:       glibc

BuildRoot:      %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root

%description
MythTV PVR addon for Kodi

%prep
rm -rf pvr.mythtv
git clone --depth=1 --branch krypton https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv.git pvr.mythtv
cd pvr.mythtv
git checkout %{tag}

%build
#export CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
#export CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

pushd pvr.mythtv
    %cmake
    make %{?_smp_mflags}
popd

%install
pushd pvr.mythtv/build
    make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}
popd

%clean
[ -d "%{buildroot}" -a "%{buildroot}" != "" ] && %__rm -rf "%{buildroot}"

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%{_libdir}/kodi
%{_prefix}/share/kodi

%changelog
* Sat Dec 11 2016 janbar <[email protected]> - 4.11.2-1
- New release for Kodi Krypton

Edit: seems the tag is overrided => replace commit:037... with the corresponding value