Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr.mythtv add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was fast. Thanks janbar!
Is there a need or use case to turn on demux in the options?
(2014-08-30, 12:15)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-30, 01:19)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Janbar, I have a feature request - any chance of some on screen feedback when initiating a recording of livetv via xbmc with XBMC.PlayerControl(Record) ?

On "Record" action (using remote control or keyboard) XBMC call addon function AddTimer(), which creates the rule in Myth. Then Myth feedback to the Addon when record is starting and addon feedback to XBMC. In this case XBMC owns the feedback on the screen.

Probably you want to call it using XBMC remote api. There i don't know if screen feedback is enabled ! But do you see at least the red bean ?

The playback menu osd record button and 'currently recording' on the home screen is updated when a recording is started. I have 'display timer update notifications' disabled in xbmc because its distracting, but I guess if that was enabled I would have on screen feedback. When you say xbmc remote api, do you mean jsonrpc? I tried with: '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.Record"}' though it seems to be the same as XBMC.PlayerControl(Record).
(2014-08-30, 11:55)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-29, 10:40)saintdev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm wondering if it would possible to add an option to disable automatic commercial skipping?

Yes it is possible with a menu hook for recording screen. this menu is available by clicking item "Client actions". Could you create an new issue in my repository: https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues

Great to hear that it is possible. I will gladly do that.
(2014-08-30, 17:04)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a need or use case to turn on demux in the options?

Only usable with mpeg-ts streams decoded by digital tuners (dvb,atsc...). It allows fast channel spawn and switch (1~3 sec to switch) and enables functionalities about timeshift since Gotham (displaying time position etc...). Demux is used only for live TV.

For recorded streams the demuxing is always provided by ffmpeg/dvdplayer. But EDL is enables only for mpeg-ts streams because addon uses its demuxer to discover required stream properties (framerate).
(2014-07-25, 02:08)apnar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-23, 05:40)aboredguy Wrote: [ -> ]My steps might be the hard way, but here were all my steps to build the update .tar for OpenELEC:

aboredguy,

Nice write up on the steps. I wrote that entry on the xbmc wiki with build instructions a while back, sorry I hadn't updated it when OpenELEC changed their build system. I just went and updated it with the few changes needed. I also switched it from fetzerch to janbar version. Anyway, building should boil down to simply this once you have a machine with all the dependancies:

Code:
# grab soruce
git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git

# go into source directory
cd OpenELEC.tv

# checkout version you want
git checkout 4.1.2

#run script from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource#Build_MythTV_git_into_OpenELEC
~/update-xbmc-pvr-addons.sh

# build project - come back tomorrow
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release

No need for apache or anything extra like that. Obviously change PROJECT and ARCH as desired, also may want to change Generic in script (although I doubt it'd matter). If you're going to be building semi-frequently it's worthwhile to keep the "source" directory around between builds as it'll save having to redownload all the source files every single time.

apnar,

Has the the buildsystem changed? I tried following the above build steps for OpenElec master and pvr.mythtv master (I think this should give me Helix + myth head). It looks like autoheader is placing headers in the wrong locations, and even after manually moving, libraries are output in the wrong directory structure.
(2014-08-31, 18:00)schmoko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-25, 02:08)apnar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-23, 05:40)aboredguy Wrote: [ -> ]My steps might be the hard way, but here were all my steps to build the update .tar for OpenELEC:

aboredguy,

Nice write up on the steps. I wrote that entry on the xbmc wiki with build instructions a while back, sorry I hadn't updated it when OpenELEC changed their build system. I just went and updated it with the few changes needed. I also switched it from fetzerch to janbar version. Anyway, building should boil down to simply this once you have a machine with all the dependancies:

Code:
# grab soruce
git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git

# go into source directory
cd OpenELEC.tv

# checkout version you want
git checkout 4.1.2

#run script from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource#Build_MythTV_git_into_OpenELEC
~/update-xbmc-pvr-addons.sh

# build project - come back tomorrow
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release

No need for apache or anything extra like that. Obviously change PROJECT and ARCH as desired, also may want to change Generic in script (although I doubt it'd matter). If you're going to be building semi-frequently it's worthwhile to keep the "source" directory around between builds as it'll save having to redownload all the source files every single time.

apnar,

Has the the buildsystem changed? I tried following the above build steps for OpenElec master and pvr.mythtv master (I think this should give me Helix + myth head). It looks like autoheader is placing headers in the wrong locations, and even after manually moving, libraries are output in the wrong directory structure.

Yeah, looks like things changed again with openelec. If you look at ./packages/mediacenter/xbmc-pvr-addons/patches/xbmc-pvr-addons-buildfix.patch in the standard OpenELEC source you'll see they're doing a lot of path swapping for LIBS and INCLUDES for the normal pvr-addons package. We'll need to expand that patch to cover the paths in pvr.mythtv. I'll give it a shot when I have some time in the next few days.
(2014-08-15, 03:37)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]How about a simple algorithm like "if there is only one thing called this, assume it's a movie. No subfoldr. Otherwise it's TV so make a subfolder"

Implemented now !
Janbar, I have not been using xbmc for very long. I was running into a few issues with xbmc crashing with myth, backended with a hdhomerun prime. I was trying to get things going on a Linux box, and on an FireTV. You totally fixed all of my problems! Tested it on Linux and it seems to be solid. This is pretty exciting for me to be able to have a better interface and system than what we have today. My kids love it as well. Now I've got to read and figure out how to build it for Android and get this going on our FireTV.
Thank you!
Slow starting playback of previously recorded program.

Running Gotham 13.2 and latest master.

There is a long delay, for some previously recorded programs, before play back starts, in the case of the log it is about one minute.

The whole recording file seems to be downloaded before playback starts.

As a guess it is something to do with EDL.

Log is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfr8br7g7ozc923/xbmc.log?dl=0

xbmc log loader does not like my setup, seems the censorship filter baulks for some reason.

Mike
(2014-09-02, 19:07)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Slow starting playback of previously recorded program.

Running Gotham 13.2 and latest master.

There is a long delay, for some previously recorded programs, before play back starts, in the case of the log it is about one minute.

The whole recording file seems to be downloaded before playback starts.

As a guess it is something to do with EDL.

Log is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfr8br7g7ozc923/xbmc.log?dl=0

xbmc log loader does not like my setup, seems the censorship filter baulks for some reason.

Mike
Thanks. Yes it is something to do with EDL. I check it and let you know.

EDIT: Sound track 0130 (mp1) is not found in the stream and AVinfo read until end to gather these properties. I know this case could occurs because nothing is perfect. So i will push a commit to break AVinfo after read some KBytes.
@MikeB2013, fixed. now avinfo stop after 1MBytes of throughput even track parsing is incomplete. In your case the second sound track was registered but no stream data for it until the end of file.
(2014-09-02, 00:36)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-15, 03:37)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]How about a simple algorithm like "if there is only one thing called this, assume it's a movie. No subfoldr. Otherwise it's TV so make a subfolder"

Implemented now !

I am running 1.9.20 (on ubuntu 14.4) and each movie is still in its own folder
Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
(2014-09-03, 08:39)glubbish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-02, 00:36)janbar Wrote: [ -> ]

Implemented now !

I am running 1.9.20 (on ubuntu 14.4) and each movie is still in its own folder
Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Don't install the zip file with XBMC ui. As the addon version has not change (still 1.9.20) XBMC does not erase it with the new zip.
Unzip the file directly into the addon folder replacing your old addon. It depends of the platform you use:
Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/addons/
Windows8: %USERHOME_or_something_like_that%\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\addons\
OSX: $HOME/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/ "Library" is often hidden
I've noticed that when a show is completed the new addon isn't marking them as watched like the older cmyth one was. Is this a possibility in the API version?